**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Cost of Living Raise

ChowChow Posts: 18
edited December 2017 in General Discussion
Good afternoon, I come here to make a simple request and one that is needed to help all summoners further in the game.

Your three year anniversary of MCOC is nearing, as y’all have announced today. With that I looked back at all the time I have played this game. Going clear back to the beginning.
I started playing this game The January after it came out, I remember being excited as a huge Marvel fan, and also a fan of Mortal Kombat type games.
When I first began playing 2* were your jam, they did what you needed, then I remember when I saw the first offer I ever purchased. A brand new, shiny, good looking 3* DeadPool! Man was I excited, was going to be sweet to have this 3* thinking i’d be able to walk all over this content. As at that time 3* were the good ones, most common champs used, 4* were rare and for me I only saw them if I purchased a 4* crystal. I ranked up my DP the moment I had enough gold from questing arena etc. as just like now that was the only way to earn gold.

Now we fast forward 3 years, 3* are pointless almost to everyone, 4* are nearing that way, 5* are the new jam and 6* are just around the corner. But yet we still only can get gold the same way... But if you think, now you even get less gold to go towards your champs than you did before. With the addition of AQ first you needed gold donations and now gold and Bc donations all your gold can no longer go to upgrading champs. You can no longer open all your Bc to hopefully get the gold you needed, and yes while we have more quests now than we did back then, the gold rewards in those quests have not increased.

I think I can say I speak for everyone when I say, the gold needs to be increased in questing if we are going to survive the era of 6*.

Yeah, I know you have given us these “gold quests” the last couple years. But I also hope you don’t think the 3 weeks of those gives us enough for the following 11 months of drought. While questing you can get 100ish gold per fight, now tell me how that translate to the cost of 4/5/6* rankings.

You recently announced 5.4 rewards and with that a R5 5* will be becoming available. To just rank that champ to R5 it’s apprx 550k gold then if you add up the cost of iso to level the champ up, I don’t think it’d be wrong to quests that that’ll be roughly another 500k gold easily. So that’s 1m gold right there with one rank..

All I’m asking is for y’all to realize the “cost of living” or cost of playing has increased from where it was at the beginning. Quests all around need more gold added for it to at least be noticeable.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and hopefully you forward this to who needs to see it, as I’m sure it’ll have much support from the community.

Sincerely, Polite Chow

Comments

• FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Kabam is not an economist, so they dont know how to balance out the economy of this game. One time, they please the whales, and at other times, the non-whales. Depends on who they wanna target with the deals and offers and shiz... With that said, I hope they listen to the community. At least, to those who make reasonable requests...
  • Crilla420Crilla420 Posts: 96
    edited December 2017
    After playing for 3 years it doesn’t seem like we are getting anything different then somebody that has been playing the game for a couple months.
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    I was literally going to put a post up saying exactly this. Could not agree more. Hopefully someone from Kabam sees this.
  • YSBYSB Posts: 192
    while I have seen gold being increased in other ways, like getting it from war now for example, it hasn't added up to all that much. I agree, a cost of living increase is really long overdue. And I like the idea of putting it in quests, because then those who want it can get it from playing the content. I've seen an uptick in alliance members doing aq and war only because they don't think the quests are really worth it anymore, this might help re-light that fire.

The same could be true with arena. I know a LOT of people who have simply quit doing arena. maybe if arena paid back some significant gold at each milestone, it'd encourage more people to get in there and grind.
  • Just doing a basic linear progression for new rank ups, R5 5* will be close to 2 million in gold and r2 6* should be about 1 million. (Heard that our 6* are hanging out in the “bases” but I digress)

The current reward system for gold no longer equates to the ecosystem that you, Kabam, has developed. We aren’t asking for pots of gold to be dumped, but to have the game in more balance so guys aren’t queued up outside gold quests like an addict in East Van. Make the gold reward content more commiserate to the contents difficulty progression.

Thank you for any help and a response would be great.
  • Kevin110Kevin110 Posts: 69
    Whole heartedly agree gold has not kept pace with ranking requirements
  • AliabAliab Posts: 138
    1000% agree with this and I think they can find a nice balance to help out the whales and non whales alike! Someone did mention also that T1 alphas, another very basic resource like gold that is needed to upgrade champions but that’s also hard to get since you only get it from certain alliance events or doing the arena and not much from quests. I hope they listen to your suggestions as it’s one of the best comments I’ve seen in a while.
  • Anthony84rAnthony84r Posts: 8
    100% agree. Chow nailed it on this one.
  • wookehwookeh Posts: 147 ★★
    A very smart idea. Hopefully kabam doesn't ignore this.
  • StrayPoolStrayPool Posts: 98
    Seems I wasn't the only one mulling this over today. I got to thinking about the antique gold masteries - even back in the day, they didn't help out (and didn't boost all sources of gold, to boot) so I was thinking about them being boosted.

To make an investment of 6 mastery points worth it for folks who want to switch gears for gold gathering over competitive fighting, and now I think if that were done in addition to a modest daily gold realm we could see a fix to this problem.

It gives everyone open access to boosted funds, but also makes a bit of a trade off so Kabam game teamsters can't claim "imbalance, hur-dur-durr" as a reason not to. I started up about the same time as OP, and his story is spot-on to my own. Fingers crossed we see some kind of cashy development soon.
  • Definitely would prefer more gold in eq or solo quests. Most of my energy will be tied up in EQ as it is to finish heroic-uncollected before time is up, plus t4cc quests, plus t4b quests, plus the potion quest, plus Act 5? I don't have enough energy or desire to purchase it just to get all that done, let alone squeeze in the gold quest, which I desperately need. Not sure yet what I'm going to have to do. Might skip several events this month.
  • Agreed. Balancing in game economy is just as important to us. We aren’t asking for gold to be given to us just a rebalancing of the I game economy.
  • Completely agree with this. Meager gold and rewards has made me feel very disenchanted with this game lately. I feel that I’ve invested too much time and money to quit, but when resources make it impossible to advance than the only viable option that remains is to quit.
  • ScottyE3ScottyE3 Posts: 3
    I agree. For everybody in my alliance, the lack of Gold has been the biggest issue with people not being able to rank up champs and use our catalysts and ISO.
  • ScottLangScottLang Posts: 149
    I absolutely agree with the OP gold goes far too quick and im sure there are plenty of people who have stopped playing just because they never had the gold to donate to AQ and be able to rank their champs up. On that same note i feel the limit to how many t4cc can be held at one time before going to the stash should he increased as well especially with 6* coming out, im sure 80% of people who 100% LoL lose about 2-3 of their rewards due to the cap on t4cc and the gold situation
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    So many spidergwens posting back to back looks super fishy, at least bother changing the avatar...

Shocking some of the back to back spider Gwen’s joined just to post, even more fishy. Social engineer with sock puppets much?
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    CpcBoyboy wrote: »
    I don’t have issue with good still have 46M even my donation are 500k per week , it’s because I m a crystal spender , I sell so much isos still have 3k iso 5k i m also an arena grinder so I can open many bc cr per week , if a player play only few times per day for sure it’s hard for his golds

are you still with Lgn-1? How is it there at the top?
  • YSBYSB Posts: 192
    I'd also like to see progression in the deals. We just got the same 4* awakening deal they offered last year (right before Nerfpocalypse 2017) for $50. the 2k 5* shards might be new but still. 4* are close to worthless now and that deal is a year old. a LOT of changes have happened in game in the last year, the new deals should reflect it. I expected to see this same deal, minus the shards, for the same price, but offering a 5* awakening gem. THAT, i could buy and so would many others. But this 4* deal is garbage for a huge number of your players now.
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    Lol...polite chow. I thought Chow was banned after the fake mod post last time.
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    Yes definitely need gold. It needs increased about 2k per quest fight & we’ll maybe be okay & costs of map 6 needs dropped dramatically
  • Kabam is not an economist, so they dont know how to balance out the economy of this game. One time, they please the whales, and at other times, the non-whales.

Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Slay the entire game needs a rebalance, gold items, pricing, drops, they have created a mess with all the "exclusive to" bs. What should have been done was really exclusive things should have been created for alliances to play for, limited edition champs...things that are a bonus not neccessary for completion of non alliance game content.
  • Grimv717Grimv717 Posts: 96
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Loto @Kabam Pertinax There are many players that feel that gold, among other resources (including potions) need to be rebalanced in terms of distribution and effect as the game moves towards a 5* and eventually 6* centric focus. Maybe give us uncollected daily quests that give gold, or uncollected equivalents to potions and revives?
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    I don't seem to have a problem with gold but I am a heavy arena grinder. I'm guessing here that most of those who have gold problems don't grind arena as much?
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★
    raffster wrote: »
    I don't seem to have a problem with gold but I am a heavy arena grinder. I'm guessing here that most of those who have gold problems don't grind arena as much?

I have over 4 million gold myself.

Back in the old days, people use to whine all day and night about "too much useless gold". The reason for that were the following:

1. Arena scoring placed a premium on low PI heroes so players did not bother to level up and rank up their heroes
    2. People complained that it took too much time to get the necessary cats and when they finish the quests, they got nothing.
    3. People did not get too many PHCs. The arena milestones that we have today did not exist in the old days so "premium" really meant premium, resulting in fewer heroes to upgrade.
    4. There were no alliance events, monthly quests, and the like to get more PHCs. And most importantly,

5. Players grinded the arena a lot to get more gold they had no plans in using. They sold the excess isos that were about to expire to get even more gold they aren't going to use.

So we had a lot of MCOC billionaires complaining that they have too much money in the bank.

Today, players get PHCs like candy so they have a lot more heroes to upgrade. Cats are also easier to get so now they are more likely to have the items needed to rank up. Arena scoring had changed so there is no reason for them to not level up/rank up heroes.

The only thing that did not change since the early days is the arena grinding.
  • TBJ1118TBJ1118 Posts: 228
    Meh, I continuously rank 5*s and still sit on 12M gold, all the while donating 600k/week for AQ. The gold is very available, you just have to grind arena to the last milestone, and you’ll be overflowing with it. Of course if you don’t play arena because it’s boring you won’t get that, but hey it’s a game where you have to earn stuff in certain areas. Just sell iso, we open like 2 4* or 3 a week only from the 4* crystals, don’t tell me you really need all that iso!
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    TBJ1118 wrote: »
    Meh, I continuously rank 5*s and still sit on 12M gold, all the while donating 600k/week for AQ. The gold is very available, you just have to grind arena to the last milestone, and you’ll be overflowing with it. Of course if you don’t play arena because it’s boring you won’t get that, but hey it’s a game where you have to earn stuff in certain areas. Just sell iso, we open like 2 4* or 3 a week only from the 4* crystals, don’t tell me you really need all that iso!

Sorry, that's just not true at all. I grind both arenas, both sets of milestones, and spend every bar of gold I get instantly. I always have champs to rank up, more champs than gold. I don't have any other options to increase my gold income other than to buy gold crystals (not a chance, they're the worst value item in the game).