Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

How the hell does RoL Wolverine vs. Ægon work?

KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,747 ★★★★★
edited August 2022 in Strategy and Tips
I watched quite a few videos on it, changed my masteries (maxed Pacify most importantly) and still, it makes no sense. I hit him only while stunned and he still procs regens very often. Like really, in solid 35% cases. How do I defeat him then? I can't outdamage his regen, AAR doesn't work, I just see no solution. I have blown about 20 revives on the quest so far, so I don't wanna give up (it was my decision tho, I don't regret it), but I am pretty close to doing so. I really see no way of beating that fight.
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    rwanders1978rwanders1978 Posts: 104
    I would recommend watching some YouTube videos on it. Likes of Karate Mike

Sometimes it’s best to let him hit your heavy, get your furies do as much damage as you can and quit if he procs more than 1 heal
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,577 ★★★★★
    I maxed petrify and pacify and like you are doing, only hit wolvie when stunned. Wasn’t easy but I got him down.
  • Options
    GeneralNappaGeneralNappa Posts: 102
    Keep him low power, use the right masteries and it isn't all as bad as it seems. I got the solo after a couple force close resets.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,186 ★★★★★

Masteries are key. As mentioned above, petrify and pacify are needed (essentially for the best RNG in your favor of him not starting to regen). Despair as well since Parry is a debuff (non damaging). All 3 maxed out are going to give you your best chances at limiting his regen from happening and keeping it as low as possible if/when it does proc.

Also, what is your combo meter at? He needs to be at 500+ to reduce Wolvi's defensive ability accuracy in order to even out the rest of the RNG as much as possible. I'm going to assume he's already ramped up pretty much to max by this time, but if not, ramp him and quit out once to be safe so if you do die again, you won't have to keep ramping again.

The best way to get in your damage is to do the heavy charge and take your beating (max your furies to six), then follow up with an immediate parry while the furies are up and throw an SP3. The parry ability accuracy reduction and the AAR reduction at 500+combo will apply to the length of the entire SP3 stun, keeping the healing as low as possible, and hopefully preventing it from happening at all

Last, try to keep baiting SP1's. He has lower regen the lower his power meter is. If you keep taking him to 2 or 3 bars of power, you're going to have to keep dealing with bigger regen #'s when it does proc (and it probably will at least once), even doing all of these things together.

Great advice.
  • Options
    KapKamot3KapKamot3 Posts: 23
    Yup keep wolvies power below sp2. Only used few revs
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★

Masteries are key. As mentioned above, petrify and pacify are needed (essentially for the best RNG in your favor of him not starting to regen). Despair as well since Parry is a debuff (non damaging). All 3 maxed out are going to give you your best chances at limiting his regen from happening and keeping it as low as possible if/when it does proc.

Also, what is your combo meter at? He needs to be at 500+ to reduce Wolvi's defensive ability accuracy in order to even out the rest of the RNG as much as possible. I'm going to assume he's already ramped up pretty much to max by this time, but if not, ramp him and quit out once to be safe so if you do die again, you won't have to keep ramping again.

The best way to get in your damage is to do the heavy charge and take your beating (max your furies to six), then follow up with an immediate parry while the furies are up and throw an SP3. The parry ability accuracy reduction and the AAR reduction at 500+combo will apply to the length of the entire SP3 stun, keeping the healing as low as possible, and hopefully preventing it from happening at all

Last, try to keep baiting SP1's. He has lower regen the lower his power meter is. If you keep taking him to 2 or 3 bars of power, you're going to have to keep dealing with bigger regen #'s when it does proc (and it probably will at least once), even doing all of these things together.

Great advice.
    Thanks!

A few other pointers... You don't need willpower here and you don't want to run suicides without it so you can throw lots of specials ramping.

If you're going to be adjusting masteries, take the points out of willpower and run barebones defense (no Regen masteries). Put the points in the cheap advanced fury and extended fury masteries in the attack tree cause he's going to be in constant fury ramped up. Max courage with the rest and you've got a more powerful Aegon for small potatoes.

I can't remember the team member requirements - we're there any specific champs needed or limited? I want to say I used Aegon and g2099 for most of this, and feel like I brought proxima, NF and CMM as Aegon boosters too - just kill off NF for the extra 10% attack boost as well. That NF/CMM fury synergy is a big boost to Aegon and the fury masteries just make it better.
  • Options

Great advice.
    Thanks!

A few other pointers... You don't need willpower here and you don't want to run suicides without it so you can throw lots of specials ramping.

If you're going to be adjusting masteries, take the points out of willpower and run barebones defense (no Regen masteries). Put the points in the cheap advanced fury and extended fury masteries in the attack tree cause he's going to be in constant fury ramped up. Max courage with the rest and you've got a more powerful Aegon for small potatoes.

I can't remember the team member requirements - we're there any specific champs needed or limited? I want to say I used Aegon and g2099 for most of this, and feel like I brought proxima, NF and CMM as Aegon boosters too - just kill off NF for the extra 10% attack boost as well. That NF/CMM fury synergy is a big boost to Aegon and the fury masteries just make it better.
    You can only use Aegon for this Carina’s challenge, so bringing other team members will void it
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    edited August 2022
    Ah Ok, been awhile now and couldn't remember. Had to go and find the info graphic just now. Aegon is the king of combo and g2099 was for the Hunk of junk one.

Everything else, but the team suggestion still applies.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,747 ★★★★★
    Hi. Before I say anything, I would like to thank you all for a valuable advice. It is a huge help and I appreciate that.

Now, I would like to update you on this case. I have decided to quit out. The reasons are following: I don't have unlocked max Despair, so I can't use the right mastery setup. Using just max Petrify and Pacify simply isn't enough. I tried everything I could right now. Hit him only while stunned, but he regened to full. Get to SP3, get hit, parry and smash? On the very first hit after the SP3 (when he was stunned), he got a regen, so that whole process took him just 3% of HP in the end. For the record, Ægon was at 999+ combo at the time.

I know, it sucks to quit after all the effort, but it wasn't in vain. I will simply farm more revives and potions, get better masteries, and with the help of this thread, I will return to it sometime and hopefully emerge victorious. But looking back at it, I came unprepared and got rekt as I deserved. Laugh at me if you want, I don't mind it. If I look at the naivity, I laugh at myself too :smiley:

But really, thank you all again for the advice. It will serve me well on the next try.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,710 ★★★★★
    Can you imagine the utter frustration for anyone who got to wolvy before BrutalDLX figured out a way to get him down?
  • Options
    I might have a go this weekend. Quit out method I think.
  • Options
    Berlad8Berlad8 Posts: 114
    I did it without suicides,and without changing my masteries,and soloe'd him on the first try.
    it took me around 1100 hits,and 13-14 mintues.

don't get panic when he starts regen,just continue to hit him untill you get the k.o.
    yes, it's exhausting, and you'll probably need to put your fingers in ice after that. but it does the job.
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Max pacify petrify and assassin... plus when using Aegon with 500+ combo make sure rol wolverine is not beyond a bar of power or his healing will be crazier
  • Options
    So I got it done today.

I feel like this was a million HP fight with all the regens.

All that, for a karnak dupe.