**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

KABAM, FIX the GOLD Situation

Darkknight_94Darkknight_94 Posts: 459 ★★★
edited August 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
After all these years of playing mcoc, i never felt so so restricted considering the direction of game is going, with r4 materials are starting to avail and that too in good chunk..
Gold amount we get monthly ( cavalier & uncollected eq + side quests) they hardly match the value of rankups of 6* champions!
I would say enough gold for hardly worth 1 rank of 6* ,( 1-2 or 2-3 & now rank3-4)
"We get gold still based on 5* rankups "
With new progression title & new rank materials are in game,
I hope am not the only one that agrees that amount of gold we get monthly (total amount) should be buffed and upto good extent that one can do atleast 3-4 if not more rank ups of 6* champion , eg:
•6-8mil gold monthly for thronebreaker & paragons
•3-5mil cavaliers
•1-4mil for uncollected & goes on .
•Buffing gold crystal isn't enough as gold is not only needed for level ups but as well as for ranking up the champions!
And 6* champions cost more gold & isos than rank up & lvl ups of 5* champions!
• the difference is really huge between the amount of gold VS the amount of rankup materials we get on monthly basis.
• i am hoping Atleast a response from your side on "GOLD situation" happening lately & have seen so many gold related threads but not a single update from you guys on the issue/ topic.
Regards-
Knight94👍🏼💪
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,184 ★★★★★
    Kabam does not treat this forum as a Q&A for players. Never has. A mod might chime in on occasion, but rarely.

The SQ this month has been a nice source of gold, so more quests like that would help. But I seriously doubt they'll bump the gold rewards to the extent you're suggesting.

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★

upto good extent that one can do atleast 3-4 if not more rank ups of 6* champion , eg:
    •6-8mil gold monthly for thronebreaker & paragons

Lets say you're ranking 4 6*'s a month. Lets say it's 2 to R2 and 2 to R3. You'll need-
    14 T4B
    30 T5CC
    60 T2A
    28 T5B
    Just under 5mil in gold.

I don't think you thought this through. Are you getting 28 T5B monthly? Are you getting 60 T2A monthly?

I'm Paragon and this doesn't even include R4 6*'s. You could get all the gold in the world and you'll run out of something and come back here saying there's a "XX" problem.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    I wonder if they could make adjustments to how much gold we get per fight during questing. It’s typically a pretty low amount but if they could tie a boost to progression then it would become an encouraging to randomly quest. Say for TB give 850% more gold on quest fights there could be a couple thousand per fight instead of 100-400 gold.

Wouldn’t end all problems but if we take cavalier eq monthly for example. That’s roughly 264 fights, say we get a minimum of 250 gold per fight win that’s 66k gold but with the progression gold boost it would be 561k gold. So have a base amount per fight per difficulty,
    Normal = 50 gold per fight = 112k gold for 100% as TB @ 850% increased gold boost. So on and so forth 🤷‍♂️
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    I'm not going to complain about the gold, everytime a new one of these threads pop up (few times a week) people immediately jump on saying arena is the answer to all the gold problems. Arena absolutely helps gold shortage but it doesn't solve it.

Im far from a top grinder but I also do more than my fair share of arena, well over 100k. I'm always low on gold, like always. I currently have 800k (which is almost nothing for an end game players) but that's only because I just opened a ton of arena crystals and that will be gone next level up event.

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,659 Guardian
    Jaded said:

I wonder if they could make adjustments to how much gold we get per fight during questing.

They could.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,240 ★★★★
    I totally get where you're coming from. They need to drastically increase the amount of gold in rewards. It makes no sense how Kabam acts as if that's asking for a lot. The current amounts are severly outdated and based on the economy of the game and the champion levels in the earlier years. Since they demand a lot of gold to level and rank champions, including using Rank Up Gems, then they should increase the amounts of gold in rewards and offers. It's that simple 🤷🏾

And don't get me started on how badly ALL of the milestone rewards and "Test of the (whatever level) need an upgrade 😂
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I don't really have a bottleneck at the moment other than r4 materials. I've got 4 r4s and am close to being able to rank up a 5th. It's been ages since I ranked anything other than 6*s and I hit every level up event at least to the units and often well beyond the last milestone. I sell a lot of ISO but always have plenty and I have 60 million gold. I read these threads and always feel like I must be playing a different game lol.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★
    Gold amounts have been buffed indirectly, with rewards, SQ etc.

Just because people spend more than they earn, it becomes an issue.

I’m afraid there’s no “debt” to rely on to “get by” in this game.
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    i think the gold situation could be improved.

hear me out.

there is yearly type content that seems to have the same amount of gold/iso/potion drops that dont ever get improved to match the current game meta. meaning the new rank up material and number of champs the majority of people get.
    now if increasing gold and resources gained from these yearly events were improved even by a small percent people would notice the difference. for example this legends side quests idk if its just me but they feel super underwhelming, even for the gold event, for the amount its paying out, it just feels like last years.

other events/unit deals/ and content seem to have recycled copy and paste type of rewards. the typical 1mill gold for 100$ deals super outdated. halls of glory paying out like what 100K gold? super out dated.

i guess what im trying to say is, if we are getting events, deals, and other periodical chances for resources, would it be possible to increase everything by like 10-25% every year, every time that thing is released?
  • Davidn281Davidn281 Posts: 8
    There is no gold problem. The game provides you with the arena to gather endless amounts of gold. They also provide you with gold offers for money from time to time. You either choose to spend time or money. Up to you.

You have to play all aspects of the game before you can complain… what if I did arena only and then complained there are no rank up resources for me. Then I go on the forum and tell kabam to fix the rank up problems. That’s how this thread looks.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,310 ★★★★★
    i r3ed my 6 staR PENI PARKER and now i dont have iso or gold to level her up
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    Davidn281 said:

There is no gold problem. The game provides you with the arena to gather endless amounts of gold. They also provide you with gold offers for money from time to time. You either choose to spend time or money. Up to you.

You have to play all aspects of the game before you can complain… what if I did arena only and then complained there are no rank up resources for me. Then I go on the forum and tell kabam to fix the rank up problems. That’s how this thread looks.

Except when spending money your getting like triple the amount of rank up resources then gold. Creating an imbalance. Note only talking about the big deals each year
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

Davidn281 said:

Except when spending money your getting like triple the amount of rank up resources then gold. Creating an imbalance. Note only talking about the big deals each year
    Spending money isn't a complete replacement for playing the game.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian

H3t3r said:

Davidn281 said:

Spending money isn't a complete replacement for playing the game.
    I was referring to the guy above who said it's Arena or Spending. Way I interpreted it was if I spent I don't have to do arena for gold.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    It honostly always amazes me how long on gold people are. I need 1 more r4 to paragon, and my gold is still climbing. I`m currently at almost 130m, got there from around 110m 4 months ago. I do think a key aspect of it is arena, and I was afraid to slow down in arena for a very long time. But I have for the last 4 months. Went from all arenas to the basic and some milestones in the trials.
    One of the most important things I believe is where people spend their rankups. I do have a handful of 6 star champs that are almost unleveled. Because I do not plan to use them. Rather, when level up event is up I level up my 2/3/4 star champs that hardly cost me any gold and I get points for milestone 5 in the event very easily. From those uncollected gold crystals I get tons of gold while I almost spend nothing.
    People only focus on leveling up those 6 star champs. Which are very expensive. But there is no problem in leaving them at 1/1 until you do need them. Summoner rating does not really matter, and prestige is only your top champs.
    Especially if you do very little arena, you do not need to level up every 6* you get to 1/25 or rank 2.

TLDR: Use your gold wisely.
  • Nichj99Nichj99 Posts: 248 ★★
    My gold is +12million since July 4th

Your gold is reflective of what you put into it
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 936 ★★★★★
    This is only for me personally. I have 6.5m in gold and about 25m in unopened gold crystals. I have 4 R4 champs 36 R3 and over 100 at R1 and R2. I always have the resources to take take several more up to R3 but I know I’ll have my 5th R4 in about a month. I have plenty of champs that I want to take up but there isn’t any new content out now that a new R2 or R3 would make any difference. I’ll level up newly pulled champs to hit the Level Up event milestones, but outside of that I’m not going to burn my rank up resources, of which gold can be a big bottleneck. I don’t personally see the need to rush to rank up every God Tier champion. I love YouTubers and there positive effect on the community but we see so many videos of “my latest rank 4 champion is…” it perpetuates the thrill or ranking up and the desire to have everyone at the highest rank now! If we were talking about your salary you wouldn’t spend it all the week after pay day. You’d use it wisely and spread the cost of things over the month.

This isn’t to say there couldn’t be more gold available but if your gold situation is that dire then maybe spread out your rank ups.

I think a realistic option to have more gold available would be in the Glory Store and swap the Golden Crystals for the Uncollected Gold Crystals, with a limit of maybe 25 a week. That would be a minimum of 487,500 gold per week for 1000 glory, but likely a fair bit more. At the moment 1000 glory on current available gold crystals would only get a minimum of only 80,000 gold and pretty much a waste of glory.

This part of the game is about resource so at least it would goes back to the player to manage there resources.
  • Hey guys, a discussion was created HERE about the same topic. If you haven't already done so, I recommend heading over to that thread and checking out the response I've provided there. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.