**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Will you open 6 star Crystal's before the November update?

SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,164 ★★★★
Any 6 star dupe after the November update will give 7 star shards. Any 6 star dupe before that will not.

Will you open 6 star Crystal's before the November update?

Will you open 6 star Crystal's before the November update? 305 votes

Yes, will open 6 star Crystal's anyway
36%
GroundedWisdomDrZolaMr_PlatypusWorld EaterDisbanded_pensEgor_135heruheru511KDoggg2017JinxesaxeLeediman39TerraNescioLtSomersetJazz_MessengerMrGangster94ЗАКСОЛИНKennadoShadowstrikepikaAantho 112 votes
No, waiting in case dupe costs me 7 star shards
55%
Crine60OwGssDNA3000MasterSmokeAlex_sc11SnakeEyes69BigMoLeNoirFaineantHeinz11RaganatorTV_Addict_2017Spity68benshbDrenlinWakandas_FinestTristanfmussapMaverick75phillgreenAnurag1606 169 votes
Other/ need to think about it
7%
Lightburn22TasvroSurya027RasiloverSpurgeon14SandeepSbrandinhospiderbites0196Count_WillisWordunkenPetieCameronGabebravopsp742RebarkFiiNCHGardoshMᗅՏᗅCREValmezodishika123TrashPanda12 24 votes

Comments

• Options
    I might open mythic or event cavs. Very unlikely to get a 6 star from them but will save my 6 star shards.
  • Options
    CederCeder Posts: 668 ★★★
    Apparently 7*'s won't be available until spring
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★
    7* shards is just around the corner. I can wait 😄
  • Options
    manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    I just open basics so it’s not that deep for me
  • Options
    TrenzaloreTrenzalore Posts: 182 ★★★
    Yes I’ll open before then because I plan to leave the game before the end of next month. Spent the last 5 years plus on this game. The announcement of 6* before I had a decent 5* roster was rough. I now have a solid 6* roster but just no desire to start over again with a new level of champions.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    I was already saving up most of mine for the Quicksilver featured (and hopefully Scarlet Witch finally as a 6*), so this just adds more incentive not to open yet.
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Gunner14 said:

Went with yes, but only featured. There are some solid champs I still want from current featured. Pulling those would still be more meaningful to my account for a good while than pulling my first 7star Groot.

Can't you just buy the featured now but wait until 7* shards are added in November to open them?
  • Options
    Was already saving for the next featured, so easy decision.
  • Options
    Crine60 said:

Gunner14 said:

Went with yes, but only featured. There are some solid champs I still want from current featured. Pulling those would still be more meaningful to my account for a good while than pulling my first 7star Groot.

Can't you just buy the featured now but wait until 7* shards are added in November to open them?
    If you don't open them, you won't know what you will pull, and thus you also don't know how many you should buy.
  • Options
    I'm saving for next featured so don't mind the wait
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Crine60 said:

Gunner14 said:

If you don't open them, you won't know what you will pull, and thus you also don't know how many you should buy.
    Well the original post I was commenting on said there were multiple champs they wanted from the crystal so I figured they were planning on buying many of them and not just as many as it took for 1 specific champ. When I was buying 5* Blade crystals a while ago I had an amount I wasn't going to go beyond so I thought the poster might have a similar number in mind and could just buy that amount since they want different champs from it that would necessitate multiple openings regardless.

I see your point in the case that they are really only targeting 1 or 2 though and might potentially stop if they got lucky with only a few crystals opened.
  • Options
    Ercarret said:

I really don't care. 7*s are at least 6 months away. I'm not going to hold off from progressing in the game in anticipation of them. I'm currently hunting a Nimrod awakening or first-time pulls of either Hercules or Ultron, and pulling either of them would help me a lot more next month than holding off on those openings and earning a small amount of 7* shards.

I mean, if I had a whole treasure trove of 6* shards all saved up, I wouldn't do a crystal opening next month. I'd save that for November. But just one or two crystals? I really don't see the point of "hoarding" them for a month. They won't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Looks like cosmic tech dual class might be good for you.
  • Options
    Ben_15455Ben_15455 Posts: 250
    My 6* team isn't strong so I will open 6* crystals
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,288 ★★★★
    I am hoarding for the next featured, so by default, I won't be opening any until 7-star shards from dupes is online.

It'll at least be a consolation price for duping Iron Patriot from the featured.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    SandeepS said:

Ercarret said:

I really don't care. 7*s are at least 6 months away. I'm not going to hold off from progressing in the game in anticipation of them. I'm currently hunting a Nimrod awakening or first-time pulls of either Hercules or Ultron, and pulling either of them would help me a lot more next month than holding off on those openings and earning a small amount of 7* shards.

I mean, if I had a whole treasure trove of 6* shards all saved up, I wouldn't do a crystal opening next month. I'd save that for November. But just one or two crystals? I really don't see the point of "hoarding" them for a month. They won't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Looks like cosmic tech dual class might be good for you.
    Yup, I've fully transitioned from the featured to them. Their introduction was amazing for me since those are the classes in which I'm primarily hunting champions.
  • Options
    I only want Hulkling and dupes on Omega Sentienl and Spidergwen from current featured pool and was going to save for next featured anyway.
  • Options
    DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    Ceder said:

Ceder said:

Ceder said:

7*s may not be available till spring but as of November 6* dupes will give 7* shards
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,684 ★★★★★
    I dont have a great roster but there is no one that I can see that will accelerate my progression so stuff it, may as well hold.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Everyone answering this should be required to post approximately how many 6-stars they have. If you’re below about 150, there’s a decent chance you get a new champ anyway, and a dupe is 275 shards.

I’m considering opening my resort calendar crystals and EOP but saving the rest. It was a bummer to see that this is a 5-week update (to November 9) so we’ll be waiting an extra week for the option.
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Nope, will be saving the shards. I’m only in need of iBom, Rintrah, and Nimrod as new champs, so there’s no point to waste potential 7* shards for the 1% chance to pull them.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    My roster is nowhere near big enough for me to dupe champions nor to afford waiting a full month too not open one
  • Options
    While I’m not a fan of 7 stars coming already, might as well wait
  • Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    I did and I got an Elektra for the 3rd time. I shall now save 😂
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,625 ★★★★★
    I opened mine either way and got kitty pryde have been chasing for long. So it's a big win for me.
  • Options
    Zeronaut81Zeronaut81 Posts: 290 ★★
    I’m saving from now on. I opened 2 crystals since the announcement, and awakened Groot and X-23. Kinda feels like the game is telling me that waiting is a good idea, haha. I’ll open cavs, but that’s it.

On the plus side, I opened a Flexing Cav last night and finally pulled 6* Herc, Guess I’ll be saving for the next 6* featured crystal, hope I have better luck than I’ve had with this featured
  • Options
    PetieCameronPetieCameron Posts: 260
    So this is a choice now on do we rank 4 a 7* or r5 a 6* even before anyone r5 a 6* the meta has shifted. Before there was r5 5* champs before the 6* was released if I remember correctly or am I wrong??
  • Options
    PetieCameronPetieCameron Posts: 260
    No or is it r3 a 7* rather than r5 a 6* lol confused now lol