Do you still rank up 5*s to r5?

Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Member Posts: 990 ★★★★
And also mention in the comments if possible whether you do it because you like a certain character and don’t have them in a higher rarity or resources expiring(t1a’s or gems) or just for fun testing or for some particular path or quest.

Do you still rank up 5*s to r5? 243 votes

Yes (Paragon)
12%
DNA3000DrZolaLeNoirFaineantninexhelixCrazyjack719RasiloverSoSA__Remake10or_StrongFloorKillerMurphymen666Pikolubooscka2536TimeGenesisCtfz35ShoNuff29MCOCHazzaNaveenKUMARAYESCharlie21540Xguard7730ish 31 votes
No (Paragon)
33%
TheJallidanielmathMagicBentonxNigIl_Cuocoheruheru511zuffyLuk3mZTristansmy168CondemnedToefmussapLeediman39Duo_KulioJazz_MessengerVerzzRodrigoVillarPrinceEldarionExHavokNemesis666 82 votes
Yes (TB)
30%
MasterSmokeDisbanded_pensBKSwisherSweetRobbo101MongoPawnDrenlinDrownedGodTerraMagrailothosAinycaptaincushG-Hun-GearMhd20034QmonCassySandeepSKerneasBarrier Reefanggafkt123459 73 votes
No (TB)
15%
Carmel1World EaterDanielRandWakandas_FinestSurya027Maverick75MityAntCropDusterL10RocsBrokenDoom_and_GloomyuwJustin_AlphabetKisHinDooberman420Zeronaut81WeeaeaSidDDragonLordSmasherSpagNidus 37 votes
Yes (Cavalier)
7%
Turbomech85evilKINGwilsonANGRYEAGLE88Ewell65SSS69BuffRedSkullThyShookethRax38TheCaptain412Crow9074The_0wenpus[Deleted User]Imeshmalinda2007HamoBlamo51BluCitizenSleepyBear21RyBootheAnsh_Axakhll 18 votes
No (Cavalier)
0%
qm44MATTOVERO 2 votes

Comments

• Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Member Posts: 3,550 ★★★★★
    Yes (TB)
    I dont have a 6 star version, i rank up 5 star version
  • TheCaptain412TheCaptain412 Member Posts: 337 ★★★
    Yes (Cavalier)
    Typically just the newer champs before I get them as a 6*.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,175 ★★★★★
    No (Paragon)
    The last ones I ran ked up were Herc because I had been hunting him for so long (2 months ago), and Nimrod and took to max sig for Gauntlet when it returned. Outside of that, I don't think I've done one since February.
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Member Posts: 940 ★★★★
    Yes (Paragon)
    If i don't have the 6*. If the champ is just that good. Or if its a champ for carina challenges (recently have taken up Dr. Octupus, Hulk Rag, Thor Rag, etc.)
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,979 ★★★★★
    Yes (Paragon)
    Sometimes. Hulkling was my most recent 5* to R5, and I’m currently thinking about Galan or Quicksilver rankups. Otherwise, unless there’s a specific use or piece of content (or I need a few more points for Level Up), then I don’t.

Dr. Zola
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Member Posts: 895 ★★★
    Yes (TB)
    For high sig champs thatcoffer unique utility, like Ronan.
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
    No (Paragon)
    No. Just to R2/3 to spend the T1A that are expiring.
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 783 ★★★
    Yes (TB)
    It really depends on the champ. There are a lot I don't have as 6 stars and are useful enough to justify the resources. Kitty, herc, knull are all ones I have done recently, if I got apoc would do him also. Also some that require high sig to be useful I would do as it is much easier to sig up 5s then 6s
  • The_man001The_man001 Member Posts: 624 ★★★
    Yes (TB)
    My 5 star roster is way op than my 6 star. Using 5 star in act 8.1 exploration too
  • Etm34Etm34 Member Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    No (Paragon)
    No. No point for me anymore. I can rank up an OP 5* to R5, but I likely A. Already have them as a 6* or B. Can substitute their use with a 6* I currently have.
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Member Posts: 947 ★★★
    edited October 2022
    Yes (TB)
    Yep, specially new champs i get on featured. My 6* aint deep enough to waste res on mid tier champs.

I do have a lot of 6* since im 3.3m rating, but i pull too much garbage
  • CederCeder Member Posts: 668 ★★★
    Yes (TB)
    Depends on the 5*, Hercules, Torch, Nimrod, are all worth it if you don't have the 6*
  • SandeepSSandeepS Member Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Yes (TB)
    Pulled nimrod, rank5 and use in p4 wars. Also torch and AA were worth it for me. Reserve it for special champs
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Member Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    No (Paragon)
    It's been over 2 years since the last time I used valuable rank up material to r5 a 5 star.

The highest I ever rank up 5 stars is r3 and I only do that because I always seem to have several dozen t1a close to expiring and I hate selling them as you get so little for them so I try to use the.
  • Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Member Posts: 990 ★★★★
    SuelGames said:

Yep, specially new champs i get on featured. My 6* aint deep enough to waste res on mid tier champs.

I do have a lot of 6* since im 3.3m rating, but i pull too much garbage

Woah 3.3m! How come you’re not paragon yet?
  • VVDoomVVDoom Member Posts: 18
    Yes (Paragon)
    Only if i don't have the 6* version and if it's a must-have character. My cases are CGR and Shang Chi. Seeking both as 6-star, but already 5R5 just in case...
  • 007Bishop007Bishop Member Posts: 491 ★★★
    edited October 2022
    Yes (Paragon)

And also mention in the comments if possible whether you do it because you like a certain character and don’t have them in a higher rarity or resources expiring(t1a’s or gems) or just for fun testing or for some particular path or quest.

Yes. Champs like Magneto, Tigra, Doom, etc are all still vey effective as 5 stars. I used my 5 star Tigra, Mags and Ghost plenty in 8.1. Also occasionally used my 5 star torch
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Member Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    Yes (TB)
    I voted yes, because I have a lot of 5* rank up gems left… But yeah, mainly 6* champs…
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Member Posts: 1,006 ★★★★★
    No (Paragon)
    Nope. Not even if I don’t have as a 6* yet. Don’t want to waste the rank up resources. Typically don’t take them last rank 1 unless I have a rank up crystal. I don’t think there’s many new 5* champs that can do something that any of my current 6R3 of R4’s can’t do. Would rather wait for the 6* version.

I only open 5* for the iso anyway. Get disappointed when I get a new 5* as don’t get the iso.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,937 ★★★★★
    Yes (TB)
    Don’t have a big six star roster and a lot of them are either for fun/battlegrounds anyways
  • TeeBleezyTeeBleezy Member Posts: 39
    Yes (TB)
    After holding out for a long time, I finally ranked up my 5* Symbiote Supreme . He was always one of my favorite mystics. A week later, I pulled him as a 6* and vowed never to spend resources on another 5*.

Then, on a whim, I pulled a 5* Scorpion from the 5* featured crystal. I took him right up to r5 and never looked back.
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Member Posts: 1,691 ★★★★
    No (TB)
    I’m at 7 rank 3 6*s, am pretty close to my first r4, and have a t5cc in every class. I have plenty of 6*s to use them on, and plenty of gold. Just going to be waiting on level up events and catalysts. The only 5* I would rank up, would be Apoc, and then Wolverine (who I already had duped when he was still rare)
  • evilKINGwilsonevilKINGwilson Member Posts: 214
    Yes (Cavalier)
    ElMelloi said:

only ranking up 5* champions that need high sig

Exactly ! Best strategy
  • H3t3rH3t3r Member, Guardian Posts: 2,882 Guardian
    No (Paragon)
    Nope. I'm even slowing down on doing lots of 6* and only ranking ones up that I will take straight to r4.
  • DukenpukeDukenpuke Member Posts: 658 ★★★
    I have 3 accounts.

On my 2 TB accounts, I won't rank 5*s to R5 unless they're absolutely top tier (Quake, Ghost, Doom, Fury).

On my Cav account, I'll continue to rank R5s until I have 5 or 6 of each class ranked up (either 6* R2 or 5* R5), then will stop and focus solely on 6*s.
  • ChikelChikel Member Posts: 2,105 ★★★★
    Yes (TB)
    For some really useful champs especially if they need high sig. Last ones were Tigra and Nimrod. OR will be going up once he's max sig. Doom, Black Cat, Hulking and Omega Sentinel will definitely be ranked if I pull the 5* first. Can't think of any other options
  • CoppinCoppin Member Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    No (Paragon)
    I use 5* shards as my iso/gold bank same as 4 and pch...