Gold Event Cash Grab?

124»

Comments

• xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
    I’m upset that the event isn’t coming…

Please bring it back Kabam. 100m gold offers. Need to clear some gold!
  • YouDontNeedToKnowYouDontNeedToKnow Member Posts: 117
    Manbatn said:

Some of y'all are ridiculously toxic for no reason.

never having to back it up is reason enough for most
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Member Posts: 891 ★★★
    The part I find humorous is the amount of people asking for gold (shortage) gaining events to level champs up. Then the amount of people wanting to spend 8 million gold today to buy a nexus.

If I had to guess, some are the same people...

Then there will be people like myself, who will be Paragon after EoP rewards wondering how much better the Paragon rewards will be if I already had my EoP rewards, :D
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Member Posts: 891 ★★★
    edited October 2022
    Game double posted so editing this one...
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★

*A few* reasons they shouldn't give us notice about a surprise event:

• What if they aren't able to put it together in time? Would it make sense to build up hype for an event that may not get finished/launched on-time?
    • It ruins the surprise. In a game filled with RNG, I am continuously baffled by people that seem to hate the system. Some things should be announced, like expected story content, or content that has been promised to retain/draw in new players. Knowing when all content releases is just a recipe for boredom in my opinion.
    • Because you can't prepare for it. I'm not saying this is the best reason, but it is one with certain merits. Similar to the surprise of the trade-in store last December, some events are not structured to be lucrative for every summoner. We had summoners that have over 100 million gold and not enough fun ways to spend it, FTP summoners who rarely got to take advantage of offers but had amassed a large amount of resources, or summoners who were willing to grind through the weekend for specific rewards. Not every offer should be telegraphed so that everyone can plan ahead. Sure, you probably would have saved up gold, but every resource use has benefits and drawbacks. You decide how to spend your resources to the best of your knowledge, and there isn't anything inherently wrong about that.
    • If they gave us a weeks notice, I can guarantee you that a huge amount of summoners would complain that it wasn't enough time, similar to your complaints now. At some point, they have to draw a line of when they announce it, and they happend to just drop hints now, although many people have been speculating about its return for a full year.
    You’re asking, “what if they didn’t have time to put together the exact same offers as last year?”

Boy, that’s a good question.
  • BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Member Posts: 418 ★★★
    I am overwhelmingly on the side of the player but this post I think is a bit ridiculous. If an event comes around that you like, put in the map and around the time you think you need to prepare for it, prepare, worst case scenario, you'll have a really fun rank up day. Eww...siding with Kabam on something...how things can change.
  • Bryce_BAMBryce_BAM Member Posts: 45
    edited October 2022
    Look, even if no one agrees with my first comment on the thread, we can all agree my thread title ended up being unintentionally correct. I'll take what I can get, guys.
  • CoppinCoppin Member Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Bryce_BAM said:

Look, even if no one agrees with my first comment on the thread, we can all agree my thread title ended up being unintentionally correct. I'll take what I can get, guys.

It wasnt correct at all.. u put on your tinfoil hat and said that Kabam intentionally didn't give u time to farm gold with the intention to make u buy gold...
    This are units and unit buy offers...
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Member Posts: 2,363 ★★★★

I’m always completely baffled as to why people have gold problems. This is the one resource that is never in short supply if you’ve been playing for even at least a couple years.

Sir this is not the common for the average player. You have that due to various circumstances and specific things you did and were able to do. Just because you have this plentiful supply doesn't mean everyone does.

My real problem with the event is it is purely a cash grab. There is nothing besides scoring at least 1 point in the Oversatured Market and maybe some of the offer via units which are really good for F2P and the majority of players which are not heavy spenders. They could have structured the event to be both beneficial to F2P and spenders, but instead chose the let us just charge for any Red Deadpool (continuing the paywall), having high unit cost for items that are a bit easier to get other ways which don't require units.

I don't mind the surprise nature as it is fun to have surprise events, but I do think the events need to take into account all players, not just $ spenders.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Member Posts: 856 ★★★★

I’m always completely baffled as to why people have gold problems. This is the one resource that is never in short supply if you’ve been playing for even at least a couple years.

Because they don’t play arena. I myself have not touched an arena in over a year and won’t touch one ever again but then again I’m perfectly fine with living rank up to rank up
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Member Posts: 856 ★★★★

I have never had a gold problem, I don't understand how people run out of gold

Because a good number of people don’t ever play arena which is the main source of gold in the game.