**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Double Matching in Battlegrounds

I wish there was a system in place to make sure you don’t match the same person twice. I matched with this guy before and he had 100% health vs my prof X which is believable because he had a rank 3 scorpion but 100% with a rank 2 Domino seems a little less believable. I guess the lesson here is to wait a minute before matching again. Also I understand in higher ranks that this has to happen but in lower ranks it shouldn’t.

Comments

• Options

Would this be an issue if you won both times instead of losing?

While I’m sure the other person was happy that “they” won both times back-2-back.

@Kabam Jax

OP has a valid complaint. Because both players are ending their BG set at some time (obviously), and if both people want to play another match right away again, they both would get re-entered back into the “line” of people waiting to match.

And note, the “waiting line” (for each of the different tier levels, brackets, or such, that Kabam uses to put people into for determining matching) is only a SINGLE PERSON waiting line.
    Obviously, since if there could be 2 people waiting in the same Level/Tier, they would just be matched against each other, so then there would be 0 people waiting.

So focusing on just the level/tier that they both are at. There would seemingly be a 50/50 chance that those 2 same people would be immediately matched against each other AGAIN.

(case 1) there is already a “waiting” person in line. One of these 2 people that just finished would match with the waiting person, and the other one that just finished would now be the “waiting” person.

(case 2) there is NOT another person in that “1-person waiting chair”, so when these 2 people finish their BG, and request again, they are the 2 people put in line, and so get matched against each other AGAIN.

So at best it is 50/50, basically Odd/Even # of other people also looking to do BG then (assuming there ARE other people doing BG at that time).

* It should (at a minimum) not match you against same person again within a certain amount of time (say, half hour ??).
    * Or potentially go even further and exclude “re-matches” against any of your “xx most recent” (say, last 4 ??) opponents, no matter how long ago those matches had been.
  • Options
    GeneralNappaGeneralNappa Posts: 102
    Faced a Russian modder followed by aj Asian modder followed by the same russian modder lmao. Forcing the BG season out with modders still prevalent.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

While I’m sure the other person was happy that “they” won both times back-2-back.

@Kabam Jax

OP has a valid complaint. Because both players are ending their BG set at some time (obviously), and if both people want to play another match right away again, they both would get re-entered back into the “line” of people waiting to match.

And note, the “waiting line” (for each of the different tier levels, brackets, or such, that Kabam uses to put people into for determining matching) is only a SINGLE PERSON waiting line.
    Obviously, since if there could be 2 people waiting in the same Level/Tier, they would just be matched against each other, so then there would be 0 people waiting.

So focusing on just the level/tier that they both are at. There would seemingly be a 50/50 chance that those 2 same people would be immediately matched against each other AGAIN.

(case 1) there is already a “waiting” person in line. One of these 2 people that just finished would match with the waiting person, and the other one that just finished would now be the “waiting” person.

(case 2) there is NOT another person in that “1-person waiting chair”, so when these 2 people finish their BG, and request again, they are the 2 people put in line, and so get matched against each other AGAIN.

So at best it is 50/50, basically Odd/Even # of other people also looking to do BG then (assuming there ARE other people doing BG at that time).

* It should (at a minimum) not match you against same person again within a certain amount of time (say, half hour ??).
    * Or potentially go even further and exclude “re-matches” against any of your “xx most recent” (say, last 4 ??) opponents, no matter how long ago those matches had been.
    The delay wouldn't even have to be close to half an hour imo. I think even 2 minutes would be long enough. I think most people who are trying to play the game mode would prefer to face the same person again rather than wait longer than that (given that they aren't a modder). Plus you have to consider the people towards the top have a much smaller group of available opponents. It wouldn't be uncommon for them to sometimes only have 1 or 2 available matchups online at the same time and your system would result in them them being locked out of the content for somewhat long periods of time.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    I've had this happen before, and it was just a little boring. Most people use very similar ban/champion choices, tactics, and have the exact same rosters to chose from. Maybe it is nice to get revenge, but I feel like it is not a difficult thing to avoid.
  • Options
    Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 669 ★★★
    edited October 2022
    It happened to me once
    The first set up I lost back to back (My fault)
    Second set up I kicked his ass the two rounds back to back

When life gives you the opportunity to regain your honor, take it 😂 (unless they are modders, then u can't do [nuffin'])
    Post edited by Kabam Jax on
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★

I can confirm it’s no issue on that side of the argument 😝

On a serious note, I matched this person 3 times in a row, which isn’t ideal.

• Options
    K00shMaan said:

The delay wouldn't even have to be close to half an hour imo. I think even 2 minutes would be long enough. I think most people who are trying to play the game mode would prefer to face the same person again rather than wait longer than that (given that they aren't a modder). Plus you have to consider the people towards the top have a much smaller group of available opponents. It wouldn't be uncommon for them to sometimes only have 1 or 2 available matchups online at the same time and your system would result in them them being locked out of the content for somewhat long periods of time.

Fair point, but it should at least be a long enough delay to maybe let someone else who is currently doing BG time enough to finish theirs, and then thus be available as an alternative to get matched against for the next one.

Now, if nobody else is even active in a running BG, let along nobody waiting, then sure just match them against same again.

Unless the solution is to have a button that says “Skip matching against that last person”.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    I think this is really just a Chicken and the Egg scenario. If they focus on just improving Battlegrounds in all ways, there will be more players in the game mode at any given time and this issue will be far less prevalent. However it does seem relatively often, particularly in the higher tiers of the Victory Track, that these matchups happen.