**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Recent announcement seems to only address cheating in BG. How about arena

The recent announcement regarding cheating seems to be only address the problem in BG. Since the beginning of the year compensation with the bot, there isn’t any update regarding the issue. As the arena cutoff dumped from around 150 mil last year to around 250 mil last few arena(with QS breaking 300mil). I doubt the arena has solved yet.

Besides bot, Mercs seems to be an issue that never been addressed. Personally i grinded mostly the basic arena and occasionally old featured arena. I understand the time and effort to the score( with over 1mil pvp myself). I don’t mind to compete other in a fair manner. However, the scoreboard is dominated by few alliance currently. It is very suspicious to see same name over and over again. One of my solution to combat it is to ban the use VPN for top rank reward. For those that must use VPN for some reason can still get the milestones. However for the integrity of the contest, they just can’t get the top rank reward. It seems to be a fair compromise.

At last, a couple years ago in the dev dairy, the dev said that in order to help the work life balance in game, they increased the 5* arena from 150 to 300. The current arena cutoff problem surpassed that by a lot of already. I would like the issue to be addressed.

Comments

• Options
    JJJmJJJJJJmJJJ Posts: 131
    IMHO they should do something to prevent people from spending whole days playing. A few hours (which is still a long time) is acceptable, 3 consecutive days is addiction. Maybe adding a limit and calculating the speed of the matches, as happens for the title of legend, would make sense even in the arenas.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

There’s a reason that the same few alliances pop up every time there’s a high prestige featured champion: because it’s basically a requirement to remain in those alliances. If they don’t get lucky with early access bundles or a couple of rounds of cavs then their only option is to grind the arena. These are players who’ve already got 10+ R4s, and by now probably nigh on 100 R3s. Even without units and arena boosts these accounts can probably put up well over 150m.
    I’ve just mathed my roster, and assuming I was dedicated and did 2 6* runs/day and 3 of my 5* I can hit 97m and I am a minnow compared to these people.

I’m not saying that there’s no arena mercs/bots, there certainly are, and I’d also like to see it dealt with, but there’s also an inherent advantage that some of these monster accounts have that we don’t.

Using your numbers, they put me at just over 157M total. Not sure how close that actually is.
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    edited October 2022

Mauled said:

There’s a reason that the same few alliances pop up every time there’s a high prestige featured champion: because it’s basically a requirement to remain in those alliances. If they don’t get lucky with early access bundles or a couple of rounds of cavs then their only option is to grind the arena. These are players who’ve already got 10+ R4s, and by now probably nigh on 100 R3s. Even without units and arena boosts these accounts can probably put up well over 150m.
    I’ve just mathed my roster, and assuming I was dedicated and did 2 6* runs/day and 3 of my 5* I can hit 97m and I am a minnow compared to these people.

I’m not saying that there’s no arena mercs/bots, there certainly are, and I’d also like to see it dealt with, but there’s also an inherent advantage that some of these monster accounts have that we don’t.

Using your numbers, they put me at just over 157M total. Not sure how close that actually is.
    The numbers for rarities are pretty ballpark, but I’m going to assume that if you were grinding for a 6* you’re probably not going to bother with your 5* and just spend the units refreshing your R4s.

I dare you to lose your entire weekend seeing how far off I am lol.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

Mauled said:

The numbers for rarities are pretty ballpark, but I’m going to assume that if you were grinding for a 6* you’re probably not going to bother with your 5* and just spend the units refreshing your R4s.

I dare you to lose your entire weekend seeing how far off I am lol.
    There is a 0% chance of that happening 😂. I have not, and do not intend to, ever do a featured grind. I've done one or two basic 6* grinds and even that is more than I'd like to ever do again. The previous 5* grinds and very few 6* grinds I have done were all unitless though.
  • Options
    ChanfsChanfs Posts: 54
    The 6* basic arena breaks the record again. No doubt there’s lot of hype for scorpion. However, I believe part of it is due to bot and Mercs for the inflation of score.
  • Options
    ChanfsChanfs Posts: 54
    Gmonkey said:

Plus all 5 stars at r3 the catalyst store really helped. Most have 200+ 6 stars 220 5 stars

Add in units and they will put up huge scores. 10 rounds of 5 stars and 6 to 7 round of 6 stars.

Don’t assume the number of champ matter much at that point. Personally I have 184 6* and 223 5*. The most important factor besides refresh is time. The time commitment is a lot. I can grinded for over 100 mil in basic before and I know what it took. Itis very draining to grind that much. It is more than full time job time commitment to do that.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    edited October 2022
    I think a big difference is that the effect of a cheater is a much more significant negative to a non cheating player in BG. A cheater in Arena has no affect on the score I put up. Because of that, it is much easier after the fact to make a correction. In BGs, a cheater turns a potential Win into an immediate loss. I lose out on points on the Gladiator's Circuit or Victory Track, I may have wasted Shuffle Signets, future matchups are then against different opponents, I lose points for the Solo and Alliance Events, my Alliance mates lose out on points for their Alliance Event. Correcting all those things is much trickier so I think it's more important to prevent it from happening there as opposed to Arena where you can basically fix it all after the fact.
  • Options
    BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★

Considering all the modders with Abyss collector profile pics, they need to monitor the Abyss as well. I guess they've decided it's not a high priority anymore.

Yup it's disgusting