**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

MCOC is the only game...

PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
For all the pros and cons we have had with Marvel Contest of Champions one best thing about this game is there are no advertisements. Each and every game I played always had ads popping up..... it was not a fun experience for me having to get ads popping up. Kudos for that... πŸ™

Comments

• PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited October 2022
    Dave7099 said:

I'd take some adds for better controls

If only that were possible lol....
  • Lucky7LucianoLucky7Luciano Posts: 76 β˜…
    … that drives you crazy from all the bizarre stuff going on, but brings you back for more
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Dave7099 said:

I'd take some adds for better controls

Nocko said:

I’ll watch 30 minutes of adds if it meant these featured crystals I’m sitting on include OS, Hulkling and Scorpion lol

*Ads
  • I’d rather not see ads in this game
  • TheBlindSalmonTheBlindSalmon Posts: 72 β˜…

… that drives you crazy from all the bizarre stuff going on, but brings you back for more

Nah, MCOC is not unique in that regard.
    Source: I play DOTA.
  • Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 344 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Yes. My kid plays a couple games and they are flooded with these. Even the DC version of mcoc has it. So far only mcoc doesn’t have them. So proud of Kabam for not allowing that to ruin the game
  • Marostrange2005Marostrange2005 Posts: 422 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    imagine having a boost on with 30 seconds left and you are on the boss then an ad comes in your face
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Daddrieda said:

30 seconds ads doesn’t hurt at all if it’s only once every 24hours. That would help company to get in some extra cash and use it to clean the bugs.

1. The less frequent the ad, the less revenue you can generate from it and the less beneficial it can be.

2. The most common ads I see in games with ads are ads for other games. This is not necessarily universally beneficial.

3. Ads take development time to implement and maintain. The less ads you run, the higher the cost to maintain them relative to the revenue you generate from them, and it is entirely possible that they end up costing you net developer resources, meaning even less time to actually develop the game.

If you're going to do this at all, you need to go all the way with it or it isn't worth it. And since MCOC has existed for its entire lifetime without ads, it is a reasonable assumption to make that its playerbase is far more likely to be averse to ads than games that contained them from the start. Which means you have to presume if you implemented ads, you will drive away a substantial percentage of your playerbase.
  • HamoBlamo51HamoBlamo51 Posts: 275 β˜…β˜…
    what if you die in the middle of a fight and this things comes up and says revive or quit and there's like a 15 sec timer
  • TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I play Mcoc, pokemon masters and pokemon go right now, also I've played many games before casually and non of them had any Ads. I'm not sure what kind of games are you playing that have Ads