**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Do you experience any control issues

Dave7099Dave7099 Posts: 521 ★★★★
This is my attempt at showing how many people deal with input/control issues in this game

A few weeks ago Miike said that the input issues were fixed and players have been misreporting these issues. However, I don't know how else to describe it than to call them input issues.

I am defining input/control issues as when a command is Inputted, the character performs the command late, it doesn't perform the command, or a different action is taken then the command that was inputted

I hope this goes somewhere. It would probably help if people say what device they are using

Do you experience any control issues 132 votes

No issues ever, controls are crisp and clean
7%
CrkwestTerraRiasGremoryAmazing_Demon05Mother_FlerkenGuyGardnerRenaxqqGogiBrHunter67360shut_up_heather 10 votes
Every now and then, but no big deal. Once or twice a week
5%
yuwChuck_Canuck75VendemiaireDrauglinqm44The_0wenpusEdisonLaw 7 votes
Occasionally, every couple days
29%
DL864World EaterHerizonHazeSpeedbumpthanks4playingMityAntNetjgrnautkikiFurieuxDRTOKnightNvrEndingOkabe_rintaroLordSmasherPHJfinKlyph_1SpagNidusEwell65SSS69B00tblackILLUSION8NockoGOTG 39 votes
All the time, almost every fight
57%
MavRCK_DrZolaCristalmanMongoPawnHeraldofNoneBlackfriar63MachoNachoSmokely7Dmo1973Sakic19TigerphilVuDahThecurlerDarth_StewieToj37TangerineBallsCapochicconeMaicoñ97KisHin 76 votes

Comments

• Options
    The input and control issues with the game are so great right now I have decided to:

1) Die in AW often so I can use their recently new 1 unit 40 percent heals.
    2) Die in AQ often and waste all my glory on level 2 and 3 team revives.
    3) Play on auto play in all monthly challenges where possible.
    4) Use excessive amounts or revives and heals in the RELINQUARY side quests on Epic and Legendary level where I should be able to normally not die at all.

5) I'M NOT SPENDING ANY MORE
  • Options
    shut_up_heathershut_up_heather Posts: 285 ★★
    The only thing is when I space out, perform a Heavy instead of a Light at the end of a combo, and get smacked in the face
  • Options
    Agent_7Agent_7 Posts: 182 ★★
    Dave7099 said:

This is my attempt at showing how many people deal with input/control issues in this game

A few weeks ago Miike said that the input issues were fixed and players have been misreporting these issues. However, I don't know how else to describe it than to call them input issues.

I am defining input/control issues as when a command is Inputted, the character performs the command late, it doesn't perform the command, or a different action is taken then the command that was inputted

I hope this goes somewhere. It would probably help if people say what device they are using

Infinitely. Same for my wife and she’s about to quit playing the game over it…again. I try to play lightly on the screen as finger mashing seems to make it worse, but there are still near-constant issues with missed blocks, dropped blocks, not dashing properly or simply busting a jig in place when attempting to dash.

I sometimes pretend like there’s a Random chance to enter Dance, Dance Revolution mode when dashing. It makes me feel better about it.

• Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    I didn't have any issues at all on my Pixel 3 or my Pixel 5. Recently upgraded to a Pixel 7 Pro, and now I have frequent issues. The biggest problem I usually have is dropped dex inputs or misinterpreting light attacks (quick tap) as heavies (long press). There also seems to be a dead zone on the far right side of my screen (where the camera dot is). I frequently have to flip the phone over in order to click on the "X" to close out of screens, or to click on the milestone icon in the bottom right corner.

The game was basically unplayable on the new phone out of the box, but turning off "smooth display" (i.e. 120 Hz) fixed a lot of the issues. Now I'm left with the couple problems described above. Turning beta inputs off is better than having them on.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    Stuttering frame rates, lag and even game freeze this week. It’s fun when you lose the screens between the AI blocking and the AI comboing you.

They are trying to amp up the reportage of issues to the actual point of the problem, but I’m uncertain with so many different players that we will be able to pinpoint a solution for everyone.

In the meantime, it’s just uneven and very buggy for some and no real problems for others.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 782 ★★★
    I've been warned by one of the Musketeers for my harsh comments, so I'll be political correct not to offend the Musketeer, and say this,
    "I hope to see a world of MCOC where we can rejoice the harmony without the plague of input issues and mods. That we can see eye to eye with the fine moderators of the MCOC forum on varies issues. Whether it takes a year or a thousand years we will eventually get there and hope to play this fine game till the end of time"😁
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,015 ★★★★★
    Skill issue 😎
  • Options
    RiasGremoryRiasGremory Posts: 225
    edited December 2022
    Since years i never did have any input issues and i dont have the newest phone...
    And i think by many players (not all)its just losing skill after the years and not input issues , just to give kabam or the game the fault but not themselves...
    Sometimes a lag but thats it
  • Options
    MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 469 ★★★
    edited December 2022
    Another fight lost in bg due to no block

The servers went down.

Not in our head.
  • Options
    TrashPanda12TrashPanda12 Posts: 531 ★★★
    Occasionally, every couple days
    My light attack inputs don't register sometimes like I'll be tapping and then my champ just stops or there's a delay when I try to charge a heavy.
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Especially in battlegrounds.
  • Options
    Sakic19Sakic19 Posts: 98
    Yep, all the time and I doubt they will fix it . Kabam would rather keep pushing new content for.money than fix the control issues. I refuse to use health/ revives for anything now. Why spend my resources when that is what it seems Kabam is trying to get you to do with broke controls.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,211 ★★★★
    There's a lot of bugs, inputs, champion interactions, but Kabam wont let you say anything about them or about how bad everything works, as soon you say something they wont like even if its true or its just an opinion, they will warn you, so Ill just say that it is what it is, we should do a walkout so they start doing something
  • Options
    Toj37Toj37 Posts: 68
    Terra said:

Stillhere said:

Terra said:

Skill issue 😎

So it’s a skill issue when I press block and my champ dashes in?
    Yes
    You’re just trolling. Just because the game plays fine for you doesn’t mean it works well for others.
  • Options
    SmashCaptainSmashCaptain Posts: 19
    Came on just to flag the bug but this thread shows that I'm not alone and many are already reporting it. Parry displaying but having no effect (not node or kit related), blocks dropping and champ strolling straight into an attack, specials input not being detected/not firing. Seems to be more prevalent in AQ but that could easily be player/sample bias.