Options

Daylight Savings Adjustment?

Can we expect adjustments to AQ/AW timing with daylight savings being over? I feel like they’ve been adjusted in the past, though I recall it causing issue to a war season.

Comments

• Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    edited November 2022
    The adjustments were already made on Sunday, prior to the season starting and while AQ was on break.
  • Options
    GabeZRodGabeZRod Posts: 69 ★★
    I saw the mail, but I guess I may have misunderstood. Prior to daylight savings ending, AW would finish at noon where I live, but now it finishes at 11 AM. Is this what the adjustment was meant to do? Or should it have maintained the noon end time
  • Options
    AndyB1985AndyB1985 Posts: 41
    edited November 2022
    Adjustments were not made to AW but were made to AQ. This needs looked into imo. @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    GabeZRodGabeZRod Posts: 69 ★★
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious can we get an update on this please?
  • Options
    No kidding. An update would be nice.
  • Options
    FlushFlush Posts: 108
    agree aw starts hour earlyer than should after daylight saving
  • Options
    Kabam JaxKabam Jax Posts: 1,615
    Hello Summoners,

The game team made the necessary adjustment to the Alliance War start time, this morning!
  • Options
    Kabam Jax said:

Hello Summoners,

The game team made the necessary adjustment to the Alliance War start time, this morning!

Well placement already started for my alliance if was fixed shouldn't start for another 40 mins my time
  • Options
    PirateJonPirateJon Posts: 82
    It’s still an hour early for next war. Please fix
  • Options
    Placement Phase Ending time does seem to be corrected, says ending 2pm EST.

But the next war's Matchmaking Start time still seems wrong, tomorrow at 5pm EST (should be 6pm).

Since the current war's time seems right, I’m guessing the next war's one will correct itself once it gets there (that timer had probably already been started before their fix). Or the matchmaking start might still be an hour early, but the placement ending time (which is really all that matters (will still be correct). **unless you don’t “Enlist” in time and you end up an hour short of doing your Enlistment tomorrow.
  • Options
    (edit) oops, thought Placement Phase Ending is on the exact 4-hour boundary window time.
    Forgot that it is based on when a Match was actually found (say approx 1 hour into matchmaking for Ally’s at end of Gold range).

So if Placement Ending around 2pm EST, that is indeed still 1 hour early.

Maybe @Kabam Jax means that the Attack Starting time (or at least the Attack ENDING time) will be extended out by 1 hour. We’ll see in a couple hours whether that is the case or not.
  • Options
    Still not fixed
  • Options
    end time still hour off from when should finish
  • Options
    18sae5618sae56 Posts: 126
    Kabam Jax said:

Hello Summoners,

It's not fixed.
  • Options
    @kabam jax can get timers fixed there still wrong aw starts and finishes hour earlyer than should
  • Options
    RecovRecov Posts: 19
    @Kabam Miike @“Kabam Jax”
    Kabam Jax said:

Hello Summoners,

Kabam Jax said:

Hello Summoners,

@“Kabam Jax” can we get an update? It hasn’t seem like the AW timers have changed still ends and starts 1 hr early comparing to pre daylight savings adjustment. I appreciate in advance for a response.
  • Options
    Ghost_FanGhost_Fan Posts: 273 ★★★
    Recov said:

@Kabam Miike @“Kabam Jax”

Kabam Jax said:

Hello Summoners,

Kabam Jax said:

Hello Summoners,

I appreciate in advance for a response.
    Oh you sweet summer child...
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra can someone fix timers on aw there still out by hour and been no response since yous said yous fixed it
  • Options
    finally timers been put right thanks
  • Options
    Flush said:

NOPE.

While the Attack Day ending *seems* approximately correct, it's only because the Matchmaking for this war took somewhere around an extra hour later that it normally takes. And the Attack Ending is based on 20 hours after the Match was found.
    (maybe because of the season rewards, or previous AQ rewards stuff ?)

If you look at NEXT WAR Matching time, it is still gonna start at 5pm US-EST tomorrow, which is still 1 hours earlier that the “Pre-DST change” that it normally is all year round (6pm US-EST).
  • Options

Flush said:

NOPE.

While the Attack Day ending *seems* approximately correct, it's only because the Matchmaking for this war took somewhere around an extra hour later that it normally takes. And the Attack Ending is based on 20 hours after the Match was found.
    (maybe because of the season rewards, or previous AQ rewards stuff ?)

If you look at NEXT WAR Matching time, it is still gonna start at 5pm US-EST tomorrow, which is still 1 hours earlier that the “Pre-DST change” that it normally is all year round (6pm US-EST).
    yea seems your right, stupid taught they fixed timers can't see why they won't respond or fix it properly
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra still no fix on aw timers and yous aren't doing or saying anything about it, yous claimed yous fixed it but war still starts and ends hour early
  • Options
    it's ridiculous yous are doing nutting about aw timers, last day light saving aw pushed back hour earlyer and yous haven't bothered fix it, now aw push back by another hour, for game content that use always start 7.30pm my time now 5.30 why can't just fix timers
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,706 Guardian
    edited March 2023
    Whatever Jax thought they fixed a week or 2 after coming off from DST in the Fall, it did NOT apply to AW.

So AW all winter has been 1 hour earlier than in years past.

Using US-Eastern timezone as example, AW *always* used to start matchmaking (the easiest point of reference there is) at 6 pm US-Eastern, no matter in summer or winter.

This past Fall that changed (and carried thru all the way until now) to be 5 pm.

What just changed now, in advance of Spring DST change this weekend, is that AW matchmaking was adjusted to be 4 pm. **But that will result in a post-DST change tomorrow of being back to 5 pm matchmaking start.

So, still never heard if it was intentional to change AW to 5 pm matchmaking always now (as of last Fall) instead of the 6 pm from all years past (US Eastern).
    But looks like the 5 pm will indeed be the new norm year-round.

**note, for those countries that don’t observe DST, or have a different weekend they change it compared to North America, you will have a change in AW Starting Time because your time doesn’t change the same as ours.
  • Options
    Todays war starting an additional hour than normal threw me off big time, two hours earlier than the “original” time now. Really hope that doesn’t stick tbh
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,266 ★★★★★

Whatever Jax thought they fixed a week or 2 after coming off from DST in the Fall, it did NOT apply to AW.

So AW all winter has been 1 hour earlier than in years past.

Using US-Eastern timezone as example, AW *always* used to start matchmaking (the easiest point of reference there is) at 6 pm US-Eastern, no matter in summer or winter.

This past Fall that changed (and carried thru all the way until now) to be 5 pm.

What just changed now, in advance of Spring DST change this weekend, is that AW matchmaking was adjusted to be 4 pm. **But that will result in a post-DST change tomorrow of being back to 5 pm matchmaking start.

So, still never heard if it was intentional to change AW to 5 pm matchmaking always now (as of last Fall) instead of the 6 pm from all years past (US Eastern).
    But looks like the 5 pm will indeed be the new norm year-round.

**note, for those countries that don’t observe DST, or have a different weekend they change it compared to North America, you will have a change in AW Starting Time because your time doesn’t change the same as ours.

Also this Post is from November.