**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Who do you all think the first seven star champions will be

2»

Comments

• Options
    ThomildoThomildo Posts: 446 ★★★

all mighty groot

This is correct! ☝️
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

Will a 7sr1 be equivalent to a 6sr3 in terms of attack? Or a 6sr4? So hard to get excited about 7 stars without knowing such things.

I have 43k shards saved but no clue whether I’ll open them at the start.

Most likely a 7* r1 will be equivalent to a 6* r4, keeping the pattern of 5* r4 equal to 6* r1.
    A 7* r1 will be in no way equal to a 6* r3, because the 7* r3 will be equal to 6* r5. If this happen, there will be only two 7* extra ranks to sell by Kabam until they get maxed, and another rarity is needed.
    So if a 7* r1 isn’t equal to a 6* r4, it’s more likely to be equal to a 6* r5 (which I personally doubt, because that would give many people free r5s) than equal to a 6* r3, which is impossible in my opinion.
    If I had to bet, I would bet they will around equal to a 6* r4 🙂

• Options
    Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    Quake and Magik
  • Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,159 ★★★★
    If it aint Herc, i dont want it 🤣
  • Options
    Dfraga71388Dfraga71388 Posts: 92
    Initial 7* basic pool will feature Champs like Electra, superior Ironman, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and Groot!
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

If I could curate a list of champs who are fairly solid (i.e., not absolutely worst or best in class) and who don’t absolutely need awakening I would come up with something like the list below. There are a few on the low end, a few who make great synergy partners, and most of whom are among the B-tier at what they do. Not perfect, but way better in my opinion than a Gacha crystals with big winners and losers.

Tech: Yondu, Sentinel, Mysterio, Nebula
    Mutant: Emma, Cable, Gambit, Sabretooth
    Skill: Taskmaster, Hawkeye, OGBP, Falcon
    Mystic: Jane, Longshot, Mephisto, Ghost Rider
    Cosmic: Carnage, Roblin, Gamora, Nova
    Science: Rhulk, Gwen, AntMan, Invisible Woman.

Dr. Zola

I would add that several of the champs listed above are incredibly useful. Another guiding principle would be to encourage the use of champs at the 7* level who might not be the “alpha” choice at lower rarities.

Dr. Zola
    Glad you anticipated me immediately scrolling down to drop a comment taking offense at Emma being on the list. I'll allow it with the addendum.
    Of course! I’m actually surprised more people haven’t taken offense at one champ or another on the list. While I like Emma she’s always been in the Good to Great category, most likely because I haven’t really found the need to use her.

Seems like the 7* pool could have a few diamonds without relying outright on the diamond-coal dichotomy.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

This was the first pool of 6*s released in the game

I have 165 6*s. Still don't have Cable, Iron Fist, or CAWW2 out of the original pool.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

If I could curate a list of champs who are fairly solid (i.e., not absolutely worst or best in class) and who don’t absolutely need awakening I would come up with something like the list below. There are a few on the low end, a few who make great synergy partners, and most of whom are among the B-tier at what they do. Not perfect, but way better in my opinion than a Gacha crystals with big winners and losers.

Dr. Zola

I would add that several of the champs listed above are incredibly useful. Another guiding principle would be to encourage the use of champs at the 7* level who might not be the “alpha” choice at lower rarities.

Dr. Zola
    Glad you anticipated me immediately scrolling down to drop a comment taking offense at Emma being on the list. I'll allow it with the addendum.
    Of course! I’m actually surprised more people haven’t taken offense at one champ or another on the list. While I like Emma she’s always been in the Good to Great category, most likely because I haven’t really found the need to use her.

Seems like the 7* pool could have a few diamonds without relying outright on the diamond-coal dichotomy.

Dr. Zola
    I use Emma somewhat regularly. Suicide friendly, good damage, and immune to almost everything. It's a shame Phoenix isn't better as she has a good synergy.
  • Options

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    I use Emma somewhat regularly. Suicide friendly, good damage, and immune to almost everything. It's a shame Phoenix isn't better as she has a good synergy.
    After my Dr. Strange and Iron Fist laments, Phoenix comes in at third place in most disappointing MCoC rendering of a Silver/Bronze Age comics character. Not quite as criminal as the first two, but close.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

I suspect it will feel like a featured crystal. About 1/3 are enticing about 1/3 are similar to your list (good not great) and the rest are trash.
  • Options
    OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

I suspect it will feel like a featured crystal. About 1/3 are enticing about 1/3 are similar to your list (good not great) and the rest are trash.
    Your best shot at getting one of those specific "enticing" champs will be in that first pool. As the pool grows odds at getting specific champs will shrink. Also something tells me there will be incentive to use 7* champs in act 8.3 and on similar to how 6* champs are encouraged in acts 7 and 8.1 by global nodes. (maybe act 8.2 also, but kind of hoping that drops before the playable 7* champs do)
  • Options

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

That’s my fear, and it’s Gacha at its worst. Honestly, there’s no reason to make players feel bad about a 7* and there are plenty of champs who are useful but neither best in class nor bottom barrel. I’d like to think Kabam would roll out the next rarity with positivity.

Dr. Zola
  • Options

Will a 7sr1 be equivalent to a 6sr3 in terms of attack? Or a 6sr4? So hard to get excited about 7 stars without knowing such things.

I have 43k shards saved but no clue whether I’ll open them at the start.

A max level r1 7* will be slightly better than a r4 6*. I already calculated the stats of the level 1 7*s from last week's side quest and they had slightly higher stats than their 6* r3 counterparts.