**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who is planning to take on the Gauntlet finally (again) tomorrow?

SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★
edited January 2023 in General Discussion
And what teams are you interested in testing out? Both of my teams relied heavily on Aegon and Quake, who I enjoy playing (minority, I know) but haven't gotten to use much since (don't have Aegon as a 6* and have gotten new fun champs since then.

I'm tempted to do a nostalgia team with Aegon and the Nick/Quake synergy, but am also cinsidering a full mutant team with Kitty, Apoc (5* maxed unfortunately, definitely one of my most wanted 6*s), Red Mags, Prof X, and Emma. Don't have my 6* AA awakened yet, or I would consider him. Seemed like a potentially fun team though, but I'm really interested in seeing how some of the newest champs like Omega Sentinel and Quicksilver would fare and who plans to take them.

Further question: if you're planning with a unique team, how many revives are you stashing/budgeting for?

Comments

• JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,204 ★★★★
    Depends on Gauntlet Rewards, i dropped the game when Gauntlet got out, but if those are worth Ill just try to get an awakening gem for Aegon and sig 200 and R3 him to go through, if not just the same as you said, Mutant team with that champs, Ill have to use Prof X as 5* but I hope i think its mostly the same so
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

Depends on Gauntlet Rewards, i dropped the game when Gauntlet got out, but if those are worth Ill just try to get an awakening gem for Aegon and sig 200 and R3 him to go through, if not just the same as you said, Mutant team with that champs, Ill have to use Prof X as 5* but I hope i think its mostly the same so

If it is the same rewards as previously, which it would have to be, it is one of the better rewards for investment you can get currently for permanent content. Don't know if I would R3 sig 200 a 6* Aegon just for this though. Also, the sig 200 is not even necessary because you can essentially infinitely ramp him up pretty early on in the Weapon X fight so the sig only really decreases that specific fight time.
  • JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,204 ★★★★

Jefechuta said:

If it is the same rewards as previously, which it would have to be, it is one of the better rewards for investment you can get currently for permanent content. Don't know if I would R3 sig 200 a 6* Aegon just for this though. Also, the sig 200 is not even necessary because you can essentially infinitely ramp him up pretty early on in the Weapon X fight so the sig only really decreases that specific fight time.
    I dont really know even the fighters hahahaha, but, talking about the rewards, anyone has like a screenshot or something about'em?
  • Better wait until Carina 3.0 is out, otherwise might waste a run there

This. Though I thought they were coming out concurrently
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Better wait until Carina 3.0 is out, otherwise might waste a run there

Are they tied? Isn't carvina V3 for EOP accept?
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

Are they tied? Isn't carvina V3 for EOP accept?
    There’s no guarantee it’s ALL that. The last volume used 6.3, 6.4, ROL and Abyss. This volume could easily use 7.1, 7.2, gauntlet and EOP.
  • Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 267 ★★★
    edited January 2023
    Would be nice to get a confirmation if any of carina V3 challenges will be tied to the gauntlet as only parts of it being related to EOP acceptance is known
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Mauled said:

I think the EOP is dropping concurrently with Carina.

For me, gonna save up my potions till EOP drop, and then figure out whether I want to spend them on Gauntlet or EOP.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Mauled said:

For me, gonna save up my potions till EOP drop, and then figure out whether I want to spend them on Gauntlet or EOP.
    edited January 2023
    altavista said:

Mauled said:

It's not. The patch notes stated that Gauntlet would drop on the 11th and Carinas Vol. 3 would drop on the 18th.

Not a bad plan to wait and see which you want to do first, but if they are a week apart, I'd rather spend the time knocking out my final run of Gauntlet.

It would be super nice if Kabam could give a head nod or a wink or something in regards to any of Carina Vol 3 being tied to Gauntlet. I assumed on the first read through that it would all be tied to EOP but going back, it looks like it is definitely possible that they only have 3 challenges with EOP and have several others elsewhere. With how long some peoplehave been waiting for Gauntlet to re-drop, it would be a bummer to run through it again only to have to re-run for a Carinas challenge that could have been done co-currently. Not the end of the world, but seemingly an easy heads up.

Jax?
  • BigBusterBigBuster Posts: 290 ★★★
    I'm thinking Kitty + Tigra + Quake + specific counters. I can quake pretty comfortably, so this should be fun.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,143 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Let me just check my notes on the last time I ran Gauntlet.

Hmm, I see.

Yeah, I think I'm going to be busy tomorrow. Really, really busy.

I wonder if @BitterSteel is going to also have a busy tomorrow and week providing everyone help again with their teams.
  • johnlaw3742johnlaw3742 Posts: 164
    so will be EOP acceptance be permanent content or will Carina’s 3 be temporary?
    Kabam Jax said:

Can confirm that the next series of Carina's Challenges will be tied to Eternity of Pain: Acceptance, not Grandmaster's Gauntlet. No need to delay your GG efforts!

• I'm not bothering with gauntlet because I'm saving my resources for those carina challenges next week.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Can someone drop me the link about Gauntlet? I can't find the information.
    Kabam Jax said:

Can confirm that the next series of Carina's Challenges will be tied to Eternity of Pain: Acceptance, not Grandmaster's Gauntlet. No need to delay your GG efforts!

Thanks! I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, glad to have you and for the responsiveness Jax!
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Thank you for this!!

Without giving anything else away, should we expect ALL of v3 to deal with EOP, or will it just be a portion of the challenges the way Abuss, Labyrinth and Realm were integrated into volume 1 and 2?
    DNA3000 said:

GOTG said:

Can someone drop me the link about Gauntlet? I can't find the information.

If you mean the announcement, it was in the 37.2 release notes on the main site: https://playcontestofchampions.com/news/v37-2-release-notes-2/
    Thanks DNA. It says we need keys and number of keys depends on how many times we cleared it before. So because I explored it how many keys can I get?
    Just checked The Gauntlets rewards because I couldn't remember what it was and now I realized that they are very very outdated. If it's permanent content I will do one run for perfect profile but if it's temporary I'm going to pass.
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Last time I used
    Herc
    Apoc
    AA
    Red Mags
    Nimrod

That’s my plan again
  • Yash0101Yash0101 Posts: 134
    Can Cavalier Player also play this
  • Pseudo_19Pseudo_19 Posts: 396 ★★
    GOTG said:

Just checked The Gauntlets rewards because I couldn't remember what it was and now I realized that they are very very outdated. If it's permanent content I will do one run for perfect profile but if it's temporary I'm going to pass.

The gauntlet it supposed to be permanent. You’re also supposed to be able to get the rewards a total of 3 times. To make up for the players that didn’t get a chance to do it before.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    GOTG said:

You are right. Back when it came initially , those were the greatest rewards ever . Now with more and more availability of sigs , shards and t4 cats , rewards should be double of what they are now . That content is still very challenging.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
    What’s objectively the best team for Gauntlet now with new champions being available?