**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Featured Hero Crystal Drop Rates

2»

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    The Forum IS an official website. Further to that, they're legally bound to post them in-game, and they do so. If you want to hold the belief that they're being somehow deceptive, that's your prerogative. It doesn't get more official than that.
  • Dragoon81Dragoon81 Posts: 147 ★★
    edited January 2023

The Forum IS an official website. Further to that, they're legally bound to post them in-game, and they do so. If you want to hold the belief that they're being somehow deceptive, that's your prerogative. It doesn't get more official than that.

Quoting a moderator on a forum would not hold up in any court.

Dragoon81 said:

Until it’s posted what drop rates are on an official website and not by a moderator here it really means nothing as what a moderator says holds little to no legal ramifications.

OK, you mean posted like on Kabam's official Support website ?

https://help.kabamsupport.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052204972-Crystals-Spin-System

https://help.kabamsupport.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052657071-Drop-Rates-in-The-Contest

https://help.kabamsupport.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052575131-I-Do-Not-Like-What-I-Got-in-My-Crystal-s-

In particular, this bit below that is listed in 2 of those articles…

MISCONCEPTIONS

We strongly believe in keeping The Contest fair for all of our players and as such:

There are no specific drop rates for individuals.
    Drop rates are not affected by how much money is spent on the game.
    Specific Champions do not have a higher drop rate than any other Champion unless otherwise noted in the drop rates on the crystal.
    Exactly like this, should have been the first response from the Moderators.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,898 ★★★★★

Dragoon81 said:

Until it’s posted what drop rates are on an official website and not by a moderator here it really means nothing as what a moderator says holds little to no legal ramifications.

Popular misconception because Kabam has a patent to do just that: alter drop rates based on spending patterns. Though not implemented.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Nichoas_1 said:

@DNA3000 well kabam has literally said each summoner has their own algorithm. So it stands to reason mine doesn’t want me to get qs before however many crystals and this other guys won’t let him pull rocket. Maybe that champ has a piece of utility that he doesn’t have already and so it plays that game about it ?? Idk. It’s an algorithm lol. It makes perfectly logical sense to me though. FYI I’m being fescious when I say they should just GIVE me the champ, but C’MON. 73 friggin crystals? Dude. I’ve pulled multiple champs over 5 times. Like probably 6 champs lol. What’s even MORE lame is that I’ve received a 6* science ag TWICE in the last month, and a science 3-4 from gifting. Yet I open these every other day since they came out and just nuthin.

Kabam has never said that and you can't provide any evidence of them saying lol.
    Dragoon81 said:

Dragoon81 said:

https://help.kabamsupport.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052204972-Crystals-Spin-System

https://help.kabamsupport.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052657071-Drop-Rates-in-The-Contest

https://help.kabamsupport.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052575131-I-Do-Not-Like-What-I-Got-in-My-Crystal-s-

MISCONCEPTIONS

We strongly believe in keeping The Contest fair for all of our players and as such:

Specific Champions do not have a higher drop rate than any other Champion unless otherwise noted in the drop rates on the crystal.
    Why? The information is available to everyone and you're told about the ToS and support when you login for the first time.

Despite all this info out there, people still believe still think they're rigged or the patent is in full effect.
    Dragoon81 said:

The Moderators aren't making responses up on the spot. They relay the same information that's shared by other departments, legal or otherwise. While there have been moments of miscommunication over the years, they've been consistent with their responses on the subject of Drop Rates, and yes...you're right. A Moderator wouldn't hold up in court. You'd never see a Moderator going to court. You would see their legal defense team saying the same thing that's been reiterated here. I'm not sure what angle you're using, but they're not people in a telemarketing agency. They're in direct contact with the team that is responsible for such matters. This IS the official MCOC Forum. Not some leased subsidiary.

Dragoon81 said:

The Moderators aren't making responses up on the spot. They relay the same information that's shared by other departments, legal or otherwise. While there have been moments of miscommunication over the years, they've been consistent with their responses on the subject of Drop Rates, and yes...you're right. A Moderator wouldn't hold up in court. You'd never see a Moderator going to court. You would see their legal defense team saying the same thing that's been reiterated here. I'm not sure what angle you're using, but they're not people in a telemarketing agency. They're in direct contact with the team that is responsible for such matters. This IS the official MCOC Forum. Not some leased subsidiary.
    When answering someone, citing a source is very helpful no matter what information we “should” already know. Simple as that, if you knew the information was public stating it then just link to it. You can’t stop conspiracy theories but you can point to official documents and if people want to think otherwise welol they never really wanted an answer in the first place.
    edited January 2023

Dragoon81 said:

Dragoon81 said:

MISCONCEPTIONS

Why? The information is available to everyone and you're told about the ToS and support when you login for the first time.

Despite all this info out there, people still believe still think they're rigged or the patent is in full effect.
    Because no one reads a TOS? And not everyone goes looking for this information obviously before asking. Can’t stop people from thinking what the want but posting something the developers have made public and are legally bound to is very convincing for your average person.
    Dragoon81 said:

Dragoon81 said:

Dragoon81 said:

MISCONCEPTIONS

Because no one reads a TOS? And not everyone goes looking for this information obviously before asking. Can’t stop people from thinking what the want but posting something the developers have made public and are legally bound to is very convincing for your average person.
    If you don't read the ToS and you're in court, you've already lost.

Dragoon81 said:

Dragoon81 said:

Dragoon81 said:

MISCONCEPTIONS

If you try to go to court over something a mod said that isn’t on their site you lost. Kind of my original point. By the way I’m curious do you actually work for Kabaam? Totally off topic but just been curious with that post count.
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,644 Guardian
    edited January 2023
    Dragoon81 said:

Dragoon81 said:

Dragoon81 said:

Dragoon81 said:

MISCONCEPTIONS

If you try to go to court over something a mod said that isn’t on their site you lost. Kind of my original point. By the way I’m curious do you actually work for Kabaam? Totally off topic but just been curious with that post count.
    It's against kabam policy for staff to not have "Kabam" in front of their username. They have to be able to be easily identified as kabam staff.
  • Dragoon81 said:

Or, the first response (see pic below) from Moderators (Kabam Miike) in that other recent thread was reply #4 overall from when poster initially made that false claim there. Came very soon after thread was started, and yet Miike had to basically repeat himself 2 more times in there.
    A very direct answer, to a very incorrect viewpoint by initial poster.

You’re saying you would not believe him, but you would only believe a link he would direct you to instead ?

edited January 2023

Dragoon81 said:

Or, the first response (see pic below) from Moderators (Kabam Miike) in that other recent thread was reply #4 overall from when poster initially made that false claim there. Came very soon after thread was started, and yet Miike had to basically repeat himself 2 more times in there.

You’re saying you would not believe him, but you would only believe a link he would direct you to instead ?

Correct, as stated not far above you mods are human. What they say may not be 100% accurate but due to Loot box laws I would fully expect this information to be all available on Kabaam’s website as it is, thus it is very helpful for them to link these in their responses. I myself have never made any claim or indication that drop rates are not evenly spread, just Indicated that these myths are best debunked by links to official documentation and not arguing over he said she said post.
    Dragoon81 said:

Dragoon81 said:

Correct, as stated not far above you mods are human. What they say may not be 100% accurate but due to Loot box laws I would fully expect this information to be all available on Kabaam’s website as it is, thus it is very helpful for them to link these in their responses. I myself have never made any claim or indication that drop rates are not evenly spread, just Indicated that these myths are best debunked by links to official documentation and not arguing over he said she said post.
    First off, there is no such law that pertains to websites. Secondly, you're ignoring the fact that the staff is not just another person discussing it. They represent the company, in many capacities. Their word is official.

Dragoon81 said:

Dragoon81 said:

First off, there is no such law that pertains to websites. Secondly, you're ignoring the fact that the staff is not just another person discussing it. They represent the company, in many capacities. Their word is official.
    Just look up loot laws, I’m literally done with you at this point you don’t understand the topic.
    I'm quite sure I have a grasp on it. You seem to be misinformed.
    Dragoon81 said:

Dragoon81 said:

Dragoon81 said:

Just look up loot laws, I’m literally done with you at this point you don’t understand the topic.
    Kabam is compliant with the current loot laws. It's why we have drop rates on paid crystals in the first place. Loot laws apply to the game mechanics. They don't apply to forums.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Nichoas_1 said:

To the people saying take off the tinfoil hat and you disagree with the comment about the algorithm, look it up. If I’m wrong show me. I’m 99% certain it was even read off a forum post on a Prof Hof video. So it’s still very random but the algorithm is still determining the avenue. If this makes any sense. I’m not even a cpu guy in the least. So I’m out of my depth if we try to go past the surface with this. It’s just simply something I remember hearing about. To all the other guys opening a ton of crystals and missing the white whale of their desires: stay strong, brothers. We will overcome :)

Kabam has never said anything other than that every champ in the crystal has the same chance of being pulled. The drop rates are posted. The idea that every player has a unique algorithm is one of the most insane ideas I've seen on the forum, and that's saying something. There is nothing to "look up" because they have never made a claim like that.

Dragoon81 said:

Dragoon81 said:

Dragoon81 said:

Kabam is compliant with the current loot laws. It's why we have drop rates on paid crystals in the first place. Loot laws apply to the game mechanics. They don't apply to forums.
    This is my entire point about the forums.
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 933 ★★★
    ive opened somewhat about 30 and only havent gotten Galan and Prof X, got all the rest, some like Titania, Quicksilver and Groot i pulled 4 times
This discussion has been closed.