**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Most cash grabby defender in the game currently?

AmaadAkiraAmaadAkira Posts: 388 ★★★
Who is in your opinion the most cash grab defender in the game, you know, the one with the most fun and interactive damag-mechanics, with the least amount of good counters.

Most cash grabby defender in the game currently? 151 votes

Domino (sig 200)
40%
TheJalliDrZolabuffajrwillanclarenceheruheru511ChovnerphillgreenTerraevilKINGwilsonExHavokGarloBrokenWarlord5386ScholiaTexas_11redsoxpatsfan89RakeYoungFloorKillerAmaadAkiraRockyshocky 61 votes
Korg
15%
KnasKnasCassyRbk19Grootman1294Justcause102LeoZedIryseJefechutaDeepworldfiremoon712VrnilamAlbertelSammyDe13579rebel_Pascals001MightyDFutura4kKyloChaosticeThe_Paragon2 23 votes
Electro
3%
rcm2017ErcarretGoldenDadFr4s3rLaurcen 5 votes
Magik (awakened)
7%
Spity68Cat_MurdockIBlueShiftIMasterzxProFerahgoBigBlueOxBluCitizenVijay_33StertslLemonpppppppZha 11 votes
Bishop
11%
TendersquadJohnjunior4Dooberman420NapaHeroSandPounderDenzel116Denslo500NastyPhishTheGodfather39Ioniqus_797SpecMPseudo_19spidyjedi84Nikunj_95Superstar_1126GeneralMerceSuelGamesShake_a_Quake 18 votes
Attuma
13%
benshbKennadoleviddletonmikeimp123spiderbites0196DeaconJdashMasaraksh1CowabungaHelpingBarri8GrassKnucklesDarkraw346Corrupt273Dragoon81XylphGhostFace2022DragonBoiiHalpyADæM 20 votes
Other (specify)
8%
DRTODannyB01SCP1504fEEdMeYouRgodZBabyMiikeTheSaithJoseOkqartweliGiuliameijSirGamesBondThe_HoTUDave7099Maxwell2454 13 votes

Comments

• Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,605 ★★★★
    Domino (sig 200)
    Personally, whenever I see Domino or Thing on a quest path, I just tremble in fear. These defenders have traumatised me
  • Options
    Domino (sig 200)

i wouldn't say any defenders are necessarily a cash grab. everyone has their counter. korg has falcon, electro has falcon, magik has falcon (see a trend?). on the other hand, there are nodes that are cash grabs. and for that, we have slashed tires

They are cash grab because you won't be bringing Falcon with you in every aw, aq, incursion, story mode etc. And you might not draft him in BGs.

Worse is when even by playing perfectly, you can lose 50% of your hp when using 90% of champs.
  • Options
    Domino (sig 200)

None of them are cash grabs

None cash grab defender = thing. Difficult to fight, bleed champs help, AAR champs help, unstoppable counters help, but can be done without any of them using game know-how.

Cash grab defender = sig 200 domino/electro/magik when you need 5 champs to counter them or you'll take damage for doing nothing, and skill cannot help at all, just RNG.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

Coppin said:

Most of them except for Attuma are like 5 year old champs... U should know how to fight em by now...

Ah thanks for the enlightenment. I shall tell this to my R4 Doom, Herc & Warlock next time I have to fight Magik, Electro, Domino & Bishop in BGs :)
    Well warlock works great for Domino and Bishop..
    The rest are terrible.... U should know this...
    Also.. so u have r4s and that's all u use now?...
  • Options
    Domino (sig 200)
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Most of them except for Attuma are like 5 year old champs... U should know how to fight em by now...

Ah thanks for the enlightenment. I shall tell this to my R4 Doom, Herc & Warlock next time I have to fight Magik, Electro, Domino & Bishop in BGs :)
    Well warlock works great for Domino and Bishop..
    The rest are terrible.... U should know this...
    Also.. so u have r4s and that's all u use now?...
    Warlock for domino and bishop is not remotely true. Can bishop be done? Sure, if you bait sp1s and dex forever, or are perfectly skilled at dodging the sp2 (while making sure he never throws sp1) but again, time limits in the game exist. Domino though? Saw lags take 60% damage against a domino in BGs while playing perfectly and minimally parrying. Make it make sense.

Also, the 'R4' point was referring to BGs, as something very similar happened to me (except no bishop) during crit meta :)
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Domino (sig 200)
    Only fight that seemed like a “cash grab” was the champion 6.2 pre nerf. Win or go home. Skill only and it punished you so bad it caused mcoc to have top tier players retire.

In fact almost all act 6 bosses pre nerf was tough especially sinister.
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    is domino still a menace unawakened? I am wondering if I should rank her up
  • Options
    Domino (sig 200)

None of them are cash grabs

None cash grab defender = thing. Difficult to fight, bleed champs help, AAR champs help, unstoppable counters help, but can be done without any of them using game know-how.

Cash grab defender = sig 200 domino/electro/magik when you need 5 champs to counter them or you'll take damage for doing nothing, and skill cannot help at all, just RNG.
    I don't object to being opposed to unavoidable damage but that doesn't make them "cash grabs". The only term more over used on these forums is "slap in the face."
    Well it's a cash grab and you saying otherwise is a slap in the face
  • Options
    Domino (sig 200)

is domino still a menace unawakened? I am wondering if I should rank her up

She's a decent defender still, but she's a million times more annoying when awakened.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Well played lol
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    Domino for sure. That's why i've been putting all the sig stones off the BF store to my 6* Domino $$$$$
  • Options
    Viking_St3v3Viking_St3v3 Posts: 147 ★★
    DannyB01 said:

Jessica Jones for sure

Surprised JJ not brought up more. So annoying.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Abyss Collector.

Broken ever since the beginning, and overall just a badly designed fight even if it was fixed.
  • Options
    solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★

i wouldn't say any defenders are necessarily a cash grab. everyone has their counter. korg has falcon, electro has falcon, magik has falcon (see a trend?). on the other hand, there are nodes that are cash grabs. and for that, we have slashed tires

They are cash grab because you won't be bringing Falcon with you in every aw, aq, incursion, story mode etc. And you might not draft him in BGs.

Worse is when even by playing perfectly, you can lose 50% of your hp when using 90% of champs.
    I don't think you understand what "cash grab" means.
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Other (specify)
    There is no cash grabby defender in the entire game. Last I checked there is no single defender you NEED to pay money for to fight against.
    Are there defenders that are very hard (if not currently impossible) to do without using potions and revives? Sure.
    But you can get A LOT of those for free by just logging into the game.
  • Options
    Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 401 ★★★
    The only fight in the game that is a resource grab is strength in numbers Mordo. Every other fight can be handled with adequate counter, but if your whole team isn't alive for Mordo, you'll need to revive them just for their abilities and attack to be normal. Still not a cash grab because resources are easily farmable, but definitely a needless resource dump
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    Everyone has their counter.
    Domino isn't a problem for multiple Tech champions - Warlock, Nimrod, Omega Sentinel, Guardian, Punisher 2099, Mysterio can all mitigate many of her abilities substantially. Guardian is by far the best, as he can parry her effectively, and his Awakened ability grants immense Energy Resistance.
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,073 ★★★★★
    Not a single defender is hard unless there is absurd node