**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Will you hoard your 7* shards if Kabam does this?

ShoNuff29ShoNuff29 Posts: 416 ★★★
Was watching Vega’s 6*r5 recommendations and so many champs he mentioned “doubt we see a 7* of X champ for a long time”…. If Kabam first batch is all mid, will you hoard your shards? How many “god tier” champs need to be in the 7* champ pool to get you to pop the crystals? And who would they be? 🤔

Comments

• ShoNuff29ShoNuff29 Posts: 416 ★★★
    I wasn’t playing when 6* were introduced, but from what I understand, the original champ pool was very limited. I’d LOVE for it to just be all the champs in basic, but I honestly doubt it… @Kabam Miike got any info on this?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    No, I won't. Building a Roster means a 7* is a 7*.
  • Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 812 ★★★
    Nocko said:

Pikolu said:

Nocko said:

I cant imagine why the 7* basic pool wouldnt be the same as a 6*
    any balancing they have needed to do for 6* champs should follow through to 7*

But yeah ill keep them if that is the case. But i dont have any reason to think it will be

The point of limiting it would be for probably 2 reasons. 1. To extend the chase of the top tier players so they have something new to go for. 2. Champions like CGR are going to be busted for the average player to get as a first 7* since a max level r1 is equivalent to a r4 6*. Also r1 7* Sasquatch would be brutal to face in BGs.

Those would be the 2 reasons of why I think kabam would limit the 7* pool.
    Yeah interesting. I came into the game shortly after 6*'s were introduced and for the first 2 years they were unobtainable and i was focused on trying to get 5*'s... so i wasnt aware the 6* pool was so limited on release.

I just figured who ever is in the basic pool would be in the initial pool. Correct me if im wrong but new players are not going to be able to acquire 7* shards easily? I mean no content currently has them, the only way to get them is to dupe 37* 6* which is hard to do when your roster isn't at least 120 deep of 6*'s... but now the certainty that you guys who were around when 6*'s were introduced makes me think im probably wrong
    It's hard to do even when you have that many champs....for perspective I have approx 110-115 6 star champs and I'm currently sitting at just under 5k 7 star shards.....my guess is I'll have around 10k in like June or July.
    Doesn’t really matter… whenever you have a CGR or someone equivalent, someone is gonna get them as their first 7*… and if the pool is too mid, it’ll still happen because players will all just hoard. I hope they find a balance. Like if there’s no Herc, there should be a Hulkling. No Kitty, then there should be an Apoc. Something where 7*s coming has some sort of excitement vs being a let down. If projected 7* arrival timing holds, seems like they’re gonna hit the game around Spring Cleaning, which means those shards will likely be a big part of the deals (please that instead of relics 🤦🏽‍♂️)… can’t imagine people being too excited for deals if the pool makes you not even want to open the crystals at that point.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,182 ★★★★★
    Fingers crossed the pool is good.

Isn’t your roster stacked tho? So I get it from that standpoint. I’m wondering about those who still have a lot of 6*s left that they want to get. Or people with stacked rosters who don’t really care about the collecting aspect.
    ShoNuff29 said:

Isn’t your roster stacked tho? So I get it from that standpoint. I’m wondering about those who still have a lot of 6*s left that they want to get. Or people with stacked rosters who don’t really care about the collecting aspect.
    For me, it's just from a logical standpoint. I'm going to have to take the good and the bad (although I don't really call them bad, just preferred) pulls no matter what. I'd rather start on having actual 7*s than wait. Personal preference.
  • Nocko said:

Pikolu said:

Nocko said:

I cant imagine why the 7* basic pool wouldnt be the same as a 6*
    any balancing they have needed to do for 6* champs should follow through to 7*

But yeah ill keep them if that is the case. But i dont have any reason to think it will be

The point of limiting it would be for probably 2 reasons. 1. To extend the chase of the top tier players so they have something new to go for. 2. Champions like CGR are going to be busted for the average player to get as a first 7* since a max level r1 is equivalent to a r4 6*. Also r1 7* Sasquatch would be brutal to face in BGs.

Those would be the 2 reasons of why I think kabam would limit the 7* pool.
    Yeah interesting. I came into the game shortly after 6*'s were introduced and for the first 2 years they were unobtainable and i was focused on trying to get 5*'s... so i wasnt aware the 6* pool was so limited on release.

I just figured who ever is in the basic pool would be in the initial pool. Correct me if im wrong but new players are not going to be able to acquire 7* shards easily? I mean no content currently has them, the only way to get them is to dupe 37* 6* which is hard to do when your roster isn't at least 120 deep of 6*'s... but now the certainty that you guys who were around when 6*'s were introduced makes me think im probably wrong
    Yeah I was playing for awhile when 6*s were released and the pool was like 24 champions and pretty much none of them were very useful.
    Ugh lol. So 24, based on the amount of champs in the game at the time, is probably like 60-75 now. If they go with that many, I’d would think/hope at least 15 are useful. I’m thinking they’ll probably include good champs that need high sig (falcon, omega red, etc) as a way of having good champs but keeping the progression slow…. And allowing them to sell 7* sig at an astronomical price lol.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    ShoNuff29 said:

Ugh lol. So 24, based on the amount of champs in the game at the time, is probably like 60-75 now. If they go with that many, I’d would think/hope at least 15 are useful. I’m thinking they’ll probably include good champs that need high sig (falcon, omega red, etc) as a way of having good champs but keeping the progression slow…. And allowing them to sell 7* sig at an astronomical price lol.

I think the first 5* crystal had 18 champs. I think the first 7* will have fewer than 60-75 champs. I'd guess it'll be more like 30 but we'll see.
    Lol. Don’t forget Rhino
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,596 ★★★★
    This is exactly the reason why I'm saving my relic shards. RIght now, the relics are mid, but hopefully sometime soon they will add some god tier relics, in which case I'm just gonna go all in on relics
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

This is exactly the reason why I'm saving my relic shards. RIght now, the relics are mid, but hopefully sometime soon they will add some god tier relics, in which case I'm just gonna go all in on relics

I'd probably do the same if prestige didn't matter.
    It's not exactly the same with Relics. They're all about the Runes they have. It's about matching the Relics with the Champs that fit best to optimize their benefit.
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,140 ★★★★★

Initial 7 star pool

Drax
    Groot
    Air-Walker
    Elektra
    Moon Knight
    Winter Soldier
    Abomination
    Sentry
    OG Captain America
    Beast
    Nightcrawler
    Cyclops
    Star-Lord
    Psycho-Man
    Iron Patriot
    Dr Strange
    Iron Fist
    Loki

Peak Kabam crystal.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax ....... read this post..... read and remember..... PLEASE DON'T DO THIS!!!!! :cold_sweat:
  • Initial 7 star pool

Drax
    Groot
    Air-Walker
    Elektra
    Moon Knight
    Winter Soldier
    Abomination
    Sentry
    OG Captain America
    Beast
    Nightcrawler
    Cyclops
    Star-Lord
    Psycho-Man
    Iron Patriot
    Dr Strange
    Iron Fist
    Loki

Peak Kabam crystal.

Idk, I would probably go for it with the 1/24 odds of getting and then duping star lord 🤣
  • NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★
    I just hope most in the pool don’t need awakening. My nightmare is a 7* Namor as my first.
  • solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    edited January 2023

I just hope most in the pool don’t need awakening. My nightmare is a 7* Namor as my first.

Lmao. Namor was my 2nd 6*. Now with 100+ 6*s and paragon, he still sits unduped at rank 1.
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 839 ★★★★
    I would be very, no make that very very surprised, if we get the likes of Doom, Hercules, CGR or Galan in the initial 7* basic pool. We don't know what the 7* ability is yet, and once the genie is out of the bottle it'll be hard to put back in.

No one (well probably no one) wants to pull a 7* Iron Patriot, Air Walker or Sentry but being realistic if my first 7* is from the likes of Gamora, Old Man Logan, She-Hulk or DDHK I won't complain.