**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Relics = Masteries 2.0?

Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★

Relics = Masteries 2.0? 50 votes

No, they aren't even spelled the same!!!
14%
KerneasTrafalgarwar96MrSakuragi13579rebel_heraldofgalactus07TheBeast996Astariss_ 7 votes
NO, you don't access them on the Masteries section
2%
MasterzxPro 1 vote
Yes, they modify abilites just like masteries
2%
qartweli 1 vote
Yes, and they are customized to each champ, so you don't need different loadouts (per our requests)
2%
meorean 1 vote
Yes, and they are infinitely able to scale over time (rarities) and are monetizable (per Kabam request)
0%
All the No's
70%
MagicBentonDrenlinSpeedbumpDragonMCOCPrimeSaviour_27OpandemonioNapaHeroUsagicassidyMobile_P0tat0DonDudu2809Greekhitpingu_tucnacekIronman3000Thoye3SpideyFunkoRawrasurusKhellendros138ChiliDogGiuliameijJeJean 35 votes
All the Yes's
4%
HamzuVrnilam 2 votes
other
6%
BigPoppaCBONECassyA_Fungi 3 votes

Comments

• In the 2021 dev diary they said they were hoping to get relics out later in the year of 2021, and the year after that we would see masteries 2.0. It took until 2022 for relics to appear, so I imagine masteries 2.0 might come out sometime later this year.
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,390 ★★★★★
    I pretty sure the letters don't add up
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,280 ★★★★★
    other
    Relics have potential, but right now, they mostly suck, are monetized too hard, and added a lot of mostly useless moving parts. Hopefully soon, relics won't only be class based, but become tag-based, generic, or apply to your whole team and easier to acquire on the cheap. There's not enough good relic options for them to fill the role masteries were supposed to. Masteries today don't have enough good options to fill their role.
    If they scrapped the dumb masteries, tweaked the class masteries to be as useful as MD, made the useful foundational ones part of every champ's kit, and called it 1.5, it would be a start.
  • A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 988 ★★★★
    other
    Relics are not similar to masteries even a little.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    Masteries do have an impact. 0.6% incinerate damage is nothing compared to most masteries
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    Relics don't have an impact, YET.

Fully ranked 5*/6* Relics that: match YOUR favorite champ and significantly enhance their SPECIFIC abilities, will have an impact.

Masteries are only different, in that they improve stats across the board (IF your champ happens to benefit: deep wounds, mystic dispersion).
    They are still stat boosters.
    Relics are stat boosters, too. It is just hard to see, because Kabam is starting small.

I think Masteries 2.0 will be "coming soon" until the game dies.
    I think Relics are the new, improved, highly monetizable "mastery" system.
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    Anyone else concerned that Jax or Miike haven't said anything?

I don't want Masteries 2.0 to be Relics.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,528 ★★★★★
    Interesting concept.