**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Iceman

RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
Was mentioned he getting a lighter update is it just the coldsnap immunity or something else as well? Bc that be really disappointing if it's only immunity to coldsnap lol.

Comments

• RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Catmanndo said:

This is promising, i wonder if they’ll stick to the trend of rolling their awakened ability into their kit and adding something new?

I like that where they take their sig ability and add to their kit where you don't necessary need dupes to be awesome but we all know dupes are awesome lol
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 821 ★★★★
    edited January 2023
    Nocko said:

Adevati said:

Alright stop, collaborate and listen. Ice is back with my brand new invention.

Something grabs a hold of me tightly. Flow like a harpoon daily and nightly/
    Will it ever stop? Yo I don't know
    You might want to stop. Kabam could change their mind about buffing Iceman if you carry on. :D
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Just took my iceman to R4 so good news . Excited to see what they decide to do. I imagine increasing the chance on crits to 100% apply a frostbite instead of 40% which i think it is now.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 ★★★★
    Can somebody post the link to the announcement?
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★

It's the first post in news and announcements
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Took mine to r3 today, can't wait. He's an OG, one of the champs that I used a ton as a 4* and 5*!

Now they just need to add Magik and Quake to the 6* pool!
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,299 ★★★★★

Took mine to r3 today, can't wait. He's an OG, one of the champs that I used a ton as a 4* and 5*!

And wolverine
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,034 ★★★★★

here's the bulk of it ..

What’s Next
    We’re currently working on a lighter update to Iceman! We’ll be looking to bring his base damage up and make some tweaks to his Utility. Yes, he will be Immune to Coldsnap.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    Catmanndo said:

This is promising, i wonder if they’ll stick to the trend of rolling their awakened ability into their kit and adding something new?

That, and some kind of Damage boost on the SP2 is the usual thing...
  • AxewAxew Posts: 622 ★★★★
    Hopefully we see some unique utility added to his kit to make him stand out in the mutant class
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

And wolverine
    Don’t know why there isn’t six star Magic or Wolverine
  • MkdemariaMkdemaria Posts: 119
    I'd be excited for 6* Quake in a Feature.
  • Viking_St3v3Viking_St3v3 Posts: 147 ★★
    Great! I posted on this a few months back. The fact that he is not immune to coldsnap is fairly ridiculous. He should be immune to anything cold related as you know his name is ICEMAN.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    Axew said:

Hopefully we see some unique utility added to his kit to make him stand out in the mutant class

I don't know how more unique you can make him, he has quite a few immunities as is (Bleed, Poison, Incinerate) and with the exception of the upcoming cold snap immunity, the stuff that he isn't immune to makes the most sense.

Anybody who plays Iceman knows all of his tricks, so they'll tell you he doesn't need to be rebuilt from the ground up.
  • DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    iceman

Basic hits deal energy instead of physical damage
    Coldsnap and (hopefully frostite) immunities
    Frostbite debuff reduces both offensive and defensive ability accuracy by 15% to 18% per frostbite
    Opponents suffering from frostbite are slowed (cannot trigger evade and unstoppable)
    Whenever a debuff is purified, gain 1 prowess
    Iceman's prowess debuffs last x seconds and deals +X% special attack damage
    Ice armor can also block unblockable special attacks

Should have new synergies with vision aarkus, sasquatch, warlock, rogue and kitty pryde...
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,261 ★★★★
    What would be really exciting would be if they added a Lover's Synergy, with some Coming Soon mystery boxes.
    Daken would be cool especially if they had some type of pheromones abilities.
  • Logan00Logan00 Posts: 554 ★★★
    What about BPCW? Wasn't his buff announced long ago and no news afterwards?
    edited January 2023

Axew said:

I don't know how more unique you can make him, he has quite a few immunities as is (Bleed, Poison, Incinerate) and with the exception of the upcoming cold snap immunity, the stuff that he isn't immune to makes the most sense.

Anybody who plays Iceman knows all of his tricks, so they'll tell you he doesn't need to be rebuilt from the ground up.
    I’m not saying he’s bad, but Emma has all those immunities + she’s also an evade counter. Frankly he’s a worse version of her, barring the ice armor.

I just want to see him stand out in the mutant class, like giving him a power “freeze” to control the enemy’s power or the ability to freeze enemies (like mantis’ sleep but exclusive to iceman). I don’t expect a whole rework, just some additions.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Axew said:

Axew said:

I’m not saying he’s bad, but Emma has all those immunities + she’s also an evade counter. Frankly he’s a worse version of her, barring the ice armor.

I just want to see him stand out in the mutant class, like giving him a power “freeze” to control the enemy’s power or the ability to freeze enemies (like mantis’ sleep but exclusive to iceman). I don’t expect a whole rework, just some additions.
    I disagree, Emma loses a lot of utility when you are going to try to use her DPS form. He is better for straight immunities and can tank SP3. I honestly never relied on Emma for her immunities, she and iceman are similar but iceman is more effective . She does have a good evade counter though.
    Texas_11 said:

Axew said:

Axew said:

I disagree, Emma loses a lot of utility when you are going to try to use her DPS form. He is better for straight immunities and can tank SP3. I honestly never relied on Emma for her immunities, she and iceman are similar but iceman is more effective . She does have a good evade counter though.
    I agree she loses that immunity utility in her DPS form, but you can easily retain the diamond form by spamming SP1s. Ice Man is more consistent though, he keeps those immunities constantly and can tank SP3s as you said.

I just hope we don’t get a Psychoman or Nova type buff which “increases” his damage marginally and does nothing to boost his utility. I would love to see a couple minor additions to his kit that make him more unique.