**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AI reaction and inputs are so bad now, my relic can’t even react fast enough.

ADDIS0NADDIS0N Posts: 1,018 ★★★★
edited February 2023 in Bugs and Known Issues
https://youtu.be/5xdr7DEX9l0

Two points of interest:

1:06 - Torch completely breaks through my block in the middle of his Sp1.

1:33 - Torch is miraculously able to start blocking AFTER my Hulk relic lands his first hit. I don’t even see the passive stun proc.

Had I not blocked fast enough, I’d have been dead meat.

Info:

This is AQ Map 5, day 5, but this kind of stuff is happening everywhere and in all game modes.
I’m using and iPad Pro 11” and everything is updated.
Second Torch boss, buffet node.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Options
    ShumpyBumpyShumpyBumpy Posts: 12
    yeah the game is so messed up rn. i only have one carina volume 3 challenge left and you best believe i’m not going into that with the inputs like this.
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 807 ★★★★
    I almost dread throwing a special on a cornered opponent anymore. The speed at which they get up and recover is as if I threw the special into a block. Add in the dropped inputs on blocking and throwing a special on a cornered defender could very well end in yin disaster.
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 992 ★★★★
    The Hulk relic did the same thing to me. I ended up getting countered because of it and died in TB EQ.
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 310 ★★★
    Over the past few days, I have seen a problem with my champion dashing forward on their own, inputs not registering, dashing back and the next input failing. Happened on my SQ run in Threat 4. Managed to blow both objectives because of it even though I got them both on T5. I haven't had to use items in AQ, but this cycle, I've been popping them like no tomorrow.

Someone mentioned in another thread that you can no longer hold block and load another input like we were supposed to. I am wondering if there is a coding issue there. Makes sense. I have noticed this as well. If I make a concerted effort to release block before dashing, then it works ok, but that millisecond or two delay is leading to missed intercepts, blocks, or evades.

It's frustrating, so hopefully it will be addressed sooner than later. I haven't even bothered with EOP. The item use isn't worth it.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,148 ★★★★★
    I have 2 phones, iPhone XR and iPhone Promax. In the XR, half of the time I can't parry at start of the fight. In both phones, quite often, it doesn't register my dash forward when the defender's special is over. I would use sp1 from HB or Ultron, while the defender is stun, I would want dash forward to heavy them but often it doesn't register the dash forward so I end missing that stun window. This is happening in quest or AQ so it's not someone with max limber mastery.
  • Options
    Wasy1Wasy1 Posts: 98
    Happened to me this same human torch aq,map5 blocked capiw sp2 after taking first hit of heavy.
    Never happened before
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,139 ★★★★★
    I find the Luke Cage AI has gone crazy.. playing him with Ghost in arena and he is throwing light attacks nowhere close to me while i am phased. Basically after I hit him once and dash back he dashes back too, throws a light across at the other side, and .then dashes in..so half of my phase is gone. Had a fight where he did that about 5 times in a row every combo.

So yeah I think some of the AI profiles are out of whack in addition to the random dropped inputs and the constant wifi symbol, which distracts me while fighting esp in AQ where I'ms cared it will disconnect.
  • Options
    hmdemerahmdemera Posts: 78
    edited February 2023

Has any of this stuff been acknowledged or addressed officially anywhere?

Porthos has closed numerous discussion threads stating the comments should be placed in the Android/ iOS bug discussion thread. Check the discussion titled "State of the Game."
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★

Has any of this stuff been acknowledged or addressed officially anywhere?

Lol... Not a chance. Crickets from Kabam
  • Options
    WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 781 ★★★
    The more my players get K.O. from B.S. input issues, the more defiant I'll keep hoarding units. I'm not going to spend units on revives and portions on fights I know should be won without 'em. It's simply nonsense to waste units on revives and portions knowing AI is getting out of hand.
  • Options
    AmaadAkiraAmaadAkira Posts: 388 ★★★
    I've also noticed it is harder to heavy into specials with certain champs (I've noticed it quite a bit with Cap IW) as the ai will block your special after the first hit of your heavy.
  • Options
    FantomaxopFantomaxop Posts: 127 ★★
    The inputs definitely feel progressively more inconsistent with each update, but what strikes me the most is changes that occur with AI.
    Punishing opponent after they throw special was always consistent way of finding the opening, but right now champions tend to recover way faster and they easily find moments to enter block before you land medium dash, if not intercept.
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 807 ★★★★

The inputs definitely feel progressively more inconsistent with each update, but what strikes me the most is changes that occur with AI.
    Punishing opponent after they throw special was always consistent way of finding the opening, but right now champions tend to recover way faster and they easily find moments to enter block before you land medium dash, if not intercept.

Yup. You used to be rewarded for dexxing a special to get an opening. Now you are rewarded with the opponent wrecking you when you dash in after dexxing their special

• Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    I throw heavies when I m trying to dash forward to intercept. Stuck on Nameless Thanos Eop for five days now since I used all my remaining units.
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    It’s not device specific this is an on going issue that continues to get worse and they are really avoiding it as much as possible because the inputs, lag and the way the AI is acting has been way off for a while now. We have been playing this game daily for years and they are making it seem like they know more than us on how the game is performing. They will never put in the hours we do playing this game so how can they tell us, it just doesn’t make sense.
  • Options
    WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 781 ★★★
    Let tell you how much this B.S. this is. In TB EQ, I have Juggurnant at 2%. Out of revives, I spent 40 units on a 40% revive. After reviving my player, I just needed 2 hits, wasted 40 units for just 2 hits. Totally B.S. Waste of units for a waste of revive. Thanks Kabam, reinforces not buy any popup junk lousy deals.
  • Options
    Fred1Fred1 Posts: 37
    I also agree that the game reaction has changed.

First, it seems that the "parry window" has changed or sometimes does not open... it s often when the opponent is dashing to us.

Also when we dash back, it seems that the opponent is now able to react faster and punish us too quickly... this is mainly seen when the opponent is on the right wall.

It's clearly something new with the update
    Fred
  • Options
    VasK1ralyVasK1raly Posts: 13
    Input issues are making this game unplayable, I was fine before this latest update. I shall give you examples, my character started to do a heavy when I swiped back, I let go of the screen and my character was still in a heavy animation, sometimes my character does not go back when I swipe back, my light hits do not register causing my combo to just stop. Swiping forward works usually, so do with this information what you will, but I have been struguling to play this game, tried to do the one shot on Rhino in EQ but it is impossible when my character JUST STANDS THERE.