**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Critical lack of ISO, till when?

Hello Kabam,

Being a long term player, almost from begin..
I begin to wonder why certain shortages are created, without any relevant mechanics to compensate, depending on certain time of investment ingame etc..

Current situation is, i EVERY month, without any break, do ALL EQs for years, all side quests, sometimes arena, now BGs
Have done most endgame content
Managed to save up 6* shards to acquire latest featured champs..

But with all ingame time doing various content, i cannot gather enough ISO..
4* and 5* shards are obviously in shortage, and "mitigation" tactics like single tier 6 ISO from Glory store are expensive and useless.

Will there be a way for veterans, who invest a lot of time ingame, not to be limited like that?

Not everybody can drop a ton of cash into cavs to stack millions of gold and ISO?

thank you..

Comments

• Options
    CvlrCvlr Posts: 201 ★★
    I have like 80% of my 6* at 1/1 because of iso lack, and I have a lot of champs that I would rank up. I started to rank up 1 champs per class so I can use class iso on each (and i give basilar iso to most urgent champs), and so I don't have an embarassing overflow of t5bc and t2a
  • Options
    Bunny425Bunny425 Posts: 17
    I also have lots of champs
    R3 and r2 lvl 1 but no iso...
    I can't understand
    4 star dup give 24 stake of iso bricks
    But 5star and 6 star dup gives same as well..
  • Options
    KaZichao said:

I begin to wonder why certain shortages are created, without any relevant mechanics to compensate, depending on certain time of investment ingame etc..

There are mitigation mechanisms, which resource-minded players utilize. The people doing this are not all whales spending tons of money on Cavs. I don't do that, and I manage. It is more about efficiency and careful planning, both of which offer benefits to someone willing to employ them.

That doesn't mean *everyone* can or is willing to do this, so if you're saying there are no mechanics to compensate given the way you choose to play then yes, that's true of everything. You have all those 6* champs and no ISO to rank them up. What do you tell players who have ISO, but don't have those 6* champs? Should there be a way for them to get those without changing how they play? The stuff you currently grind for, should everyone else get that stuff easier, because while you get them, they don't?

The opportunities and mechanics exist to manage this. There's probably room for improvement, as there always are adjustments being made to the game economy, but those things tend to be relatively small tweaks. They don't just suddenly make a bottleneck go away. Nor should they.
    KaZichao said:

Games are about choices. It sounds like you aren't stuck with no opportunities to address your shortage, you're simply choosing not to use them because you want to do other things. That's your choice, but it is that: a choice. You're not supposed to get everything you want doing whatever you want. You're supposed to choose what you spend your time and resources on, based on what you want the most. If you want to complete content and ISO is not a priority, choose to spend your time and energy in that way. But then the problem is not the game lacks ISO, it is that you're choosing not to get it.
  • Options
    TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    There was a comment from Jax that kabam is looking into increasing ISO from dupes, since it doesn't make sense getting the same amount from 4* as 5 or 6* dupes, hope we will hear an update soon
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,600 ★★★★
    Right now for me ISO is not a problem(probably because I'm a UC). However, my problem right now is Gold and Catalysts, which are in critically short supply. You need to save for at least a week just to be able to rank one champ. I don't know about others, but this just doesn't sit right with me, and, as a F2P, these issues are amplified further
  • Options

iso and gold is to high for 6* rank ups . seriously no point in that much bring t7 iso 25k or 35k one

Just wait until 7*s drop and they cost a ton more iso to level up than 6*s 🤣
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    zuffy said:

It doesn’t make sense that I have to pop 22 4* dual class and another 15 5* dual class just to have enough iso to rank up a 6*. It’s not like that many shards was easily obtain. With auto fight useless now for cav and below, the 4-5* shards don’t come as easy anymore.

Actually it kinda make sense cause u r getting a ridiculous ammount of 6* shards
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    zuffy said:

It doesn’t make sense that I have to pop 22 4* dual class and another 15 5* dual class just to have enough iso to rank up a 6*. It’s not like that many shards was easily obtain. With auto fight useless now for cav and below, the 4-5* shards don’t come as easy anymore.

Who says you have to Rank it completely in one sitting?
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Coppin said:

zuffy said:

Actually it kinda make sense cause u r getting a ridiculous ammount of 6* shards
    Not all players are playing BGs, but most importantly not all players reach GC to scoop a descent amount of Trophy tokens and buy a lot of 6* shards.
    So the ridiculous amount of 6* shards applies to few players only.
    There is an ISO shortage in the game, that’s undeniable, it’s pure maths.
    We are deep in the 6* meta, while we have same ISO drops as we had back in 2017 that we were at the 4* meta.
    6*s compared to 4*s demand multiple times more ISO, while their dupes award exactly the same amount.
    That would made sense only if the 4*/5* flow in game had increased multiple times too, but that doesn’t happened.
    They are more available, but not to the point to cover 6* ISO demands.
    Also, why do we need ISO to control progression?
    Catalysts are supposed to be the primary tool of the game, to do that.
    Who will hurt if the ISO drops for 5* and 6* dupes, get a proportional to their demands ISO increase?
    People who don’t think there is, or don’t have ISO shortage, can always sell the excess.
    It’s annoying having the champs, have the catalysts but not the ISO to upgrade them.
    It’s like the game is trolling you, and it ruins the experience.
    I still don’t have ISO shortage, since I’m using previous years banked 4* crystals, but I can see the drain.
    7*s are nearly here, and their demands are probably will be exponentially higher than 6*s as happen at every other rarity.
    If something hasn’t changed dramatically till then, in game ISO economy will collapse.

• Options
    Greekhit said:

Coppin said:

zuffy said:

Not all players are playing BGs, but most importantly not all players reach GC to scoop a descent amount of Trophy tokens and buy a lot of 6* shards.
    So the ridiculous amount of 6* shards applies to few players only.
    There is an ISO shortage in the game, that’s undeniable, it’s pure maths.
    We are deep in the 6* meta, while we have same ISO drops as we had back in 2017 that we were at the 4* meta.
    6*s compared to 4*s demand multiple times more ISO, while their dupes award exactly the same amount.
    That would made sense only if the 4*/5* flow in game had increased multiple times too, but that doesn’t happened.
    They are more available, but not to the point to cover 6* ISO demands.
    Also, why do we need ISO to control progression?
    Catalysts are supposed to be the primary tool of the game, to do that.
    Who will hurt if the ISO drops for 5* and 6* dupes, get a proportional to their demands ISO increase?
    People who don’t think there is, or don’t have ISO shortage, can always sell the excess.
    It’s annoying having the champs, have the catalysts but not the ISO to upgrade them.
    It’s like the game is trolling you, and it ruins the experience.
    I still don’t have ISO shortage, since I’m using previous years banked 4* crystals, but I can see the drain.
    7*s are nearly here, and their demands are probably will be exponentially higher than 6*s as happen at every other rarity.
    If something hasn’t changed dramatically till then, in game ISO economy will collapse.

Who said it was from BGs?..
    Also yes there is BG trophies, without getting to GC u still get a decent ammount in VT...
    Also there is the solo and alliance milestones and rank rewards...
    The availability of 6* is ridiculous..
    Also u got ppl hoarding and opening 20-30-40 new feat crystals... And then wanting to r4 everything from 0...
    I dunno i dont see the lack of ISO, i do my arenas (milestones only), do my 7 hr and 22 hr events.. EQ and SQ.. open 4* dual crystals with a rank up planned already so i get the most...
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,146 ★★★★★

zuffy said:

Because you have to tap the screen a few times vs letting the A.I fight it out? Back in my day, we had to tap the screen on both sides of the screen to win a fight.
    Wow, didn’t know I have to tap tap to play the game. Since the QOL program implemented the auto featured, I was able to burn my free energy in the lower level eq where it didn’t interfere much with real life. oh my free time, I can use refills and go explore the higher level eq. Why nerf this QOL?

• Options
    This posts always happen after 4th of July and CM/Gifting/Banquet..
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    zuffy said:

zuffy said:

Because you have to tap the screen a few times vs letting the A.I fight it out? Back in my day, we had to tap the screen on both sides of the screen to win a fight.
    Wow, didn’t know I have to tap tap to play the game. Since the QOL program implemented the auto featured, I was able to burn my free energy in the lower level eq where it didn’t interfere much with real life. oh my free time, I can use refills and go explore the higher level eq. Why nerf this QOL?

It always makes me cringe when I see people use the term QOL in reference to a game.
    Life is supposed to supercede a game. Now, I know that I have more freedom than the average person and I do my fair share of gaming, but the game isn't meant to make changes to suit my lifestyle. I get what I put into it. If I'm not free, then I miss out.
    Having some features to make things less of a slog is a nice added bonus. Wanting to play the game when I'm not actually playing the game is not a quality of life issue. That's an expectation that isn't really a priority.
  • Options
    xTURKISHxxTURKISHx Posts: 70
    There will be tons of iso as soon as there becomes a llack of gold.
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 ★★★★
    edited February 2023

F2P player, never had any gold or ISO issues. Have thousands and thousands of crystals to open if I ever need ISO, but that never was the case for the last couple of years. And I do rank up champs every lvl up event that comes around.

Point is, the resources are there. You just have to acquire them and not expect to fully level up/rank up a champion from the get go

Which crystals? You can't honeslty have thousands of 4 star crystals for iso (would have to be at least 4 million 4 star shards)?

Except 4/5/6 star crystals (of which only 4 and 5 are just iso for me) only objective crystals give 3k basic iso which isn't a lot. They do stack up but to the thousands? That's a lot man. Curious to see screenshots or know which crystals that give ISO I'm forgetting (yes I know cav crystals but hey I'm not saving up potential 6 stars). I'm barely making ends meet in regards to ISO. I can still hit every lvl up event but my gold and cats are skyrocketing in comparison to my ISO.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★

F2P player, never had any gold or ISO issues. Have thousands and thousands of crystals to open if I ever need ISO, but that never was the case for the last couple of years. And I do rank up champs every lvl up event that comes around.

Point is, the resources are there. You just have to acquire them and not expect to fully level up/rank up a champion from the get go

Which crystals? You can't honeslty have thousands of 4 star crystals for iso (would have to be at least 4 million 4 star shards)?

For 4-star crystals, have something around 300/400, dont know for sure. Then I have thousands of premium crystals which I haven't been opening ever since I remember.
    Then there is also the objectives crystals, which I never opened. And a couple of others. I can share some screenshots later I guess
  • Options
    InsaneSkullInsaneSkull Posts: 314 ★★
    Learn to manage your resources, applicable in real life as well.
  • Options
    CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Posts: 794 ★★★
    Not having any lack of iso or gold. But really understandable to people who don't do much like arena or other content
  • Options
    Rick_1Rick_1 Posts: 62
    DNA3000 said:

KaZichao said:

There are mitigation mechanisms, which resource-minded players utilize. The people doing this are not all whales spending tons of money on Cavs. I don't do that, and I manage. It is more about efficiency and careful planning, both of which offer benefits to someone willing to employ them.

That doesn't mean *everyone* can or is willing to do this, so if you're saying there are no mechanics to compensate given the way you choose to play then yes, that's true of everything. You have all those 6* champs and no ISO to rank them up. What do you tell players who have ISO, but don't have those 6* champs? Should there be a way for them to get those without changing how they play? The stuff you currently grind for, should everyone else get that stuff easier, because while you get them, they don't?

The opportunities and mechanics exist to manage this. There's probably room for improvement, as there always are adjustments being made to the game economy, but those things tend to be relatively small tweaks. They don't just suddenly make a bottleneck go away. Nor should they.
    KaZichao said:

Games are about choices. It sounds like you aren't stuck with no opportunities to address your shortage, you're simply choosing not to use them because you want to do other things. That's your choice, but it is that: a choice. You're not supposed to get everything you want doing whatever you want. You're supposed to choose what you spend your time and resources on, based on what you want the most. If you want to complete content and ISO is not a priority, choose to spend your time and energy in that way. But then the problem is not the game lacks ISO, it is that you're choosing not to get it.
    I usually find your posts intelligent and on point but I do have to disagree with this one.
    I believe iso is definitely an issue. The availability and I would say almost exclusive use of 6* at from most people thronebreaker and above and the fact that iso from dupes hasn’t changed from the 4* meta even though the iso required has increased significantly.
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 899 ★★★
    I think I opened like 33 new 6* in the Xmas / new years period as I reached Paragon. It drained all my iso in the space of a month (had 2k iso in overflow and 100+ crystals). Used to be able to get 100k points in every advancement event but now have to do the bare minimum 40k. I grind arenas usually but had to slow down due to holiday stuff with family. Now I am grinding again and this week finally got my iso overflow back to over 2k.
    Will probably start to slowly stockpile my crystals for July sale.
    Anyway, my point is that you need to grind for iso if you want to rank up champs more frequently. Otherwise work with what you got. I still haven’t rank up all the champs I want but I will eventually.
    I agree newer players like me need so many more champs to do MEQ and BG. But I also acknowledge that I can’t have every champ at rank 3 6* or rank 5 6* after only playing for 20 months.
    At least it is nice to have 6* shards more frequently than last year, right?