**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

7* here I come!

2»

Comments

• Options
    ZenioZenio Posts: 106
    they’re gonna definitely be at least 15k ..because if they make them 10k then 5 stars should drop to 5k.
  • Options
    SnaponstewySnaponstewy Posts: 51
    My first 5 7* groot groot again caww2 og cap marvel ws
  • Options
    Just_Frank2022Just_Frank2022 Posts: 139
    7* OG abomination yeah!!!!
  • Options
    ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,142 ★★★★★
    I think my first 6* was Loki or Yondu, both of which I was less than impressed to get. If my first 7* is also a dud, I don't know if my soul could take it.
    Would be awesome if Kabam objectively looked at the first set of 7* champs and make them all at least GOOD... meaning no Groot, Loki, Cyclopses... Cyclopsii?, Abomination, Air Walker, Black Bolt, Cap America, etc. level champs. Basically anything Black Panther OG level and up for the first batch.
  • Options
    Zenio said:

they’re gonna definitely be at least 15k ..because if they make them 10k then 5 stars should drop to 5k.

Just for you, I will ask Kabam to make your 5* champs cost 5k 6* shards to make you happy.

4* crystals cost 2000 shards. Duplicating 3* champs generates 55 4* shards. These numbers aren't random. They encode a balancing relationship that specifies that duplicating 3* champs 36 times (and a little more) will generate enough shards to buy a basic crystal of the next higher rank: 4*. When they set the number of shards it took to buy a 5* basic crystal to be 10000 shards, they also set the 5* shards dropped from duplicating 4* champs to be 275. The same ratio was kept: the number of 4* dups it takes to generate enough shards for a 5* basic crystal is exactly identical to the number of 3* dups it takes to generate enough shards for a 4* basic crystal. Not about the same, or almost the same. Exactly the same. That's not a coincidence.

The 5* basic crystal did not get "more expensive" than the 4* crystal, because the shards aren't interchangeable. Instead, there's an economic relationship between how much shards we get and how much it takes. As 6* dups drop 275 7* shards, there's every reason to believe, by default, that the same economic relationship will continue, and 7* basic crystals will cost 10k 7* shards.

It is always possible Kabam could decide for whatever reason to make them cost more shards. But the default assumption should be that the most likely scenario is they will cost 10k. There's no specific reason for them to cost anything else. And if people want to resort to the "Kabam is greedy" rationale, they will have to explain why a) we are even allowed to collect 7* shards before 7* crystals arrive, because that was not true for 6* and 5* and is a change for the better for players, and b) if Kabam wants 7* crystals to be hard to get, why wouldn't they simply choose to make it hard to earn shards.

In fact, I suspect that when 7* crystals first arrive, it will in fact be hard to earn shards any other way besides 6* duplication. Over time they will add more and more 7* shards to the game, just as they did with 6* shards, and it is in that way that they will make 7* champs initially "expensive" and then get "cheaper" over time. This is much easier to control than using the costs of the crystals, because that tends to remain generally fixed over time.
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,619 ★★★★

25K is a little to much. 15K was sufficient. As for F2P TB and under players they don't have many 6 stars and with such huge pools it's difficult to dupe champions.

Can you imagine a conqueror struggling to beat uncollected with a rank 2 seven star.

I’ve seen multiple conquerors with three rank 3 six stars. When i got conqueror I had two four star rank 3s and the rest were max three stars.

Crazy sad
    True. The current generation of MCOC players are really spoiled. After the Banquet event, even Conquerors got access to 6*s and even r3 materials. I have also seen Conquerors with r3 6*. I'm probably not the best person to speak about this, seeing as I became UC with 2 r1 6*, 2 5* max out and a r4 5*. This generation is even more spoiled than the last, however. It really seems like Kabam is trying to close the skill gap. This is going to cost them greatly, since Fortnite and COD's attempts to close the skill gap have been unsuccessful and even alienated the veteran player base. As much as I love basically getting free 6*, Kabam needs to get their act together, or this game will also fall towards irrelevancy
  • Options

25K is a little to much. 15K was sufficient. As for F2P TB and under players they don't have many 6 stars and with such huge pools it's difficult to dupe champions.

Can you imagine a conqueror struggling to beat uncollected with a rank 2 seven star.

I’ve seen multiple conquerors with three rank 3 six stars. When i got conqueror I had two four star rank 3s and the rest were max three stars.

Crazy sad
    True. The current generation of MCOC players are really spoiled. After the Banquet event, even Conquerors got access to 6*s and even r3 materials. I have also seen Conquerors with r3 6*. I'm probably not the best person to speak about this, seeing as I became UC with 2 r1 6*, 2 5* max out and a r4 5*. This generation is even more spoiled than the last, however. It really seems like Kabam is trying to close the skill gap. This is going to cost them greatly, since Fortnite and COD's attempts to close the skill gap have been unsuccessful and even alienated the veteran player base. As much as I love basically getting free 6*, Kabam needs to get their act together, or this game will also fall towards irrelevancy
    I think what we are seeing is not an attempt to close the "skill gap" but rather an attempt to accelerate players towards UC and set UC as the effective starting line for the game. We're currently in the transition period where we are seeing new players blitz through UC towards Cav, but that's intentional.

It takes a lot of developer I/O to support a game with eight progression tiers and seven roster rarity tiers. It is going to be impossible when it is twelve progression tiers and ten rarity tiers. I think the end game of all of this is a final state where the game prior to UC is more of a playground and/or training part of the game, and the real game starts at UC. And we've also seen that while new players are being handed thermonuclear arsenals of champions, they don't help all that much past Act 6 and higher. Or rather, they help a lot, but they aren't enough on their own. We used to have a high skill check due to having a low roster. Newer players are being handed strong rosters but still have a medium skill check, and that skill check keeps climbing along with RPG knowledge checks. If you aren't willing to read two paragraphs to figure out how a champion works or what nodes are in your path, your 6* roster is still going to get eviscerated.