**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

#GetInThePool - LOWERING ARENA CUTOFFS

It's time to lower these ridiculous cutoff numbers for the top 1 - 10% of grinders. Let's all band together and do our part and get that minimum amount needed to enter into the prize pool, This helps out everyone grinding including yourself as there are shards in it for you as well!

https://youtu.be/ilF96IxBVNk

Comments

• Options
    PhotimePhotime Posts: 67
    I agree.
  • Options
    Rahul_ContestRahul_Contest Posts: 105
    Agree 100%.
  • Options
    Mighty76543Mighty76543 Posts: 20
    You're right
  • Options
    I also have second idea to decrease the cutoff.
    After each arena, cutoffs are being published on many sites/profile (we all know where) and most of the people (grinders) goes for more score for the next time. This keep increasing the cutoff each time. For example, let say there are 2 champs which most of the people want. For the first champ cutoff is X then people will always do X+ for the second champ to secure themselves that they will definitely get it. This keep increasing the cutoff.
    If people don't know what's the cutoff then they will do their best in 3 days instead of shooting at perfect score​. I know for some of you this may sounds like shooting in dark to get what you want from arena but since people started to keep history of cutoff it just keep rising for next mostly desired champs.
    So i suggest to stop keeping the history of arena cutoffs.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,795 ★★★★★
    I disagree. I hardly play arenas to win champs. It is to obtain rewards and battleships. Knowing the cutoffs allowed me to win consecutive 'unpopular' champs which I was very pleased with.
  • Options
    Warofgods13514Warofgods13514 Posts: 202
    100% agree
  • Options
    winterthur wrote: »
    I disagree. I hardly play arenas to win champs. It is to obtain rewards and battleships. Knowing the cutoffs allowed me to win consecutive 'unpopular' champs which I was very pleased with.

If there is no idea about the cutoff then most of the people just go for rewards same as you do and this is about taking all cutoff low not based on popularity.
  • Options
    BigMoBigMo Posts: 175
    With the basic cutoff now being 10% it is a ton better than it was before before. I like knowing the history of cutoffs so I have an idea if I want to put in the time to win the champ or not. For Mordo I am pretty sure I can stop at 6mil and take a breather the last day. If I didn't have access to the history I would just keep going and hit 8-9mil.
  • Options
    Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    I also have second idea to decrease the cutoff.
    After each arena, cutoffs are being published on many sites/profile (we all know where) and most of the people (grinders) goes for more score for the next time. This keep increasing the cutoff each time. For example, let say there are 2 champs which most of the people want. For the first champ cutoff is X then people will always do X+ for the second champ to secure themselves that they will definitely get it. This keep increasing the cutoff.
    If people don't know what's the cutoff then they will do their best in 3 days instead of shooting at perfect score​. I know for some of you this may sounds like shooting in dark to get what you want from arena but since people started to keep history of cutoff it just keep rising for next mostly desired champs.
    So i suggest to stop keeping the history of arena cutoffs.

So u want people to not have an idea of how many points they'd need to get a champ they want? You would only suggest this because you know you can make up to like 5mil+ in the arena easily......
    That's selfish
  • Options
    JOHNOSA1995JOHNOSA1995 Posts: 536 ★★
    If all doing 1.5mil all receive hero
  • Options
    A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    grinded to far. seems hopeless. I disagree with you bud
  • Options
    BigMo wrote: »
    With the basic cutoff now being 10% it is a ton better than it was before before. I like knowing the history of cutoffs so I have an idea if I want to put in the time to win the champ or not. For Mordo I am pretty sure I can stop at 6mil and take a breather the last day. If I didn't have access to the history I would just keep going and hit 8-9mil.

Buddy just by saying that i can stop at 6m for Mordo you are just helping to increase the cutoff and I'm damn sure it will be lower than your score.
    Even in my previous post in that example i did not mentioned name of the champs like Mordo or Dr voodoo (desired champs),instead of putting any score like 4m or 5m i mentioned X score just because i don't want to increase cutoff by saying any score.
    Even in many places before arena starts, people starts talking about the cutoffs and basically people interested in it goes for little bit more than what others are saying and IMO it just increase the cutoff.
    Answer about you keep going for 8-9m(I'll never write this kind of scores here): this will happen in the beginning stage of "history free" arena but once people putting that score starts to realise that it's useless now then even they will do less.
  • Options
    Point taken. I will keep my specifics to myself. However I do like that the information is readily available so I can make an informed decision on how much I want to play for a champ.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited May 2017
    I agree with BigMo.

This argument pops up every time there is a desirable champ in arenas and people don't want to (or can't) generate the points to do it, so instead complain about how hard it is. Mordo's arena is a "perfect" storm for a high arena cutoff. Mordo is labelled as a "God Tier" AW defender and is a good attacker, so is at the top of the "want list" for most players. The concurrent "Premium" champ is just another "basic", which means no one goes for the 3* (like Nebula) and there's little push to get the 4* since they're already in the PHC pool. Plus, there was only one day of an overlapping T4bc arena. Big Guys are trying to fill-out their lineup with top tier champs, lower tier players don't really stand a chance in the Premium arena and likely already have a 3* Gamora. There was really no "decision" as to which to go for, so now we have a bunch of low-level players competing against the big spenders because their normal arenas aren't really worth it.

If he had been paired with Yondu or Nebula, the cutoff would have been down in the 3.5m range.

No one complains when they're getting Phoenix for 2.5m or Khan for 1.8m.

If anything, I would argue that we should push Kabam to properly match up champs to mitigate the cutoffs. They know who we like and who we don't like and pair up arenas accordingly.
  • Options
    BigdogbobBigdogbob Posts: 125
    This is ridiculous. The only thing that will lower scores is a change to how the arenas operate or a change to the rewards pool. Getting everyone together to try and lower scores is a waste of time. Basically what you are saying is:

Hey guys- why don't all of you who can score high- score less! That way others who can't score as high have an opportunity to score more than you and take the rewards that you could have won.

Here's an idea: Score More! Use units! Play more rounds! Figure it out. I'm not going to score less just so you guys can have rewards that I want.
  • Options
    xion360xion360 Posts: 88
    Bigdogbob wrote: »
    This is ridiculous. The only thing that will lower scores is a change to how the arenas operate or a change to the rewards pool. Getting everyone together to try and lower scores is a waste of time. Basically what you are saying is:

Hey guys- why don't all of you who can score high- score less! That way others who can't score as high have an opportunity to score more than you and take the rewards that you could have won.

Here's an idea: Score More! Use units! Play more rounds! Figure it out. I'm not going to score less just so you guys can have rewards that I want.

Dave was saying is for those who don't grind arena to join in & place for the rank rewards which makes the pool bigger for those who do grind for the 10% yeah the cutoffs are higher when the pool is lower if 100k people place for rank rewards and 12,000 people put up over 6 million then the cut off is going to be higher than 6 million if 300k people place for rank rewards & the same 12k put up 6 million the cut off will expand by a large margin, thus lowering the score required to get into the 10% (take round 2 of magik arena for example if 300k would have placed in rank rewards her cut off for 10% would have been around 1.4 million instead of 3 million) those high grinders will always be there followed by everyone else, & as rosters grow more and more people are able to score higher. I myself when I am not grinding for a champ I do the milestones so that I do my part for the pool of players going for the champ.

on a side note to the people asking for the top grinders to lower their scores. I'm sorry guys but you must be apart of the generation that has participation trophies and rewards. Never ask for handouts & earn your spot just like everyone else did (it is a competition after all) & remember you cant win them all.
  • Options
    MayhemEffectMayhemEffect Posts: 112
    While the concept of communal effort to help all people is good there is a minor imbalance in the implementation.

The people being asked to grind for the milestone have lower rank heroes and smaller rosters. Meaning effectively that they will need to do more equivalent work(# of matches) in order for the middle class to see an improvement in their rewards. The people not grinding have already decided that the rewards they get are not worth the effort required so why would they do that for people they do not know to get something more?

This plan helps in that it "is better for all" when considering the player base as a whole but it is actually riding on the work of the people on the bottom to support the upper classes. Unless there is something for them, why should they?
  • Options
    What I do is if the basic champ is one that I already have or don't want I just put in a few rounds to get some milestone rewards and by doing this it helps a little bit in lowering in the overall cutoff. If it is a champ I want like Mordo, the I will go as hard as I think I need to get the champ and then put an additional 1-2 mil just to be safe. I remember losing out on Nightcrawler by 200k and don't make that mistake anymore. Funny thing is the next week I pulled NC from a PHC.
  • Options
    KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    I'm in, except for Mordo lol. I don't want to see 10 mordos, 10 magiks, 10 nc, 10 Hyperions, and another 10 assorted champs every aw.

Seriously, I agree 100%, the bigger the pool, the more will get him. Even if you aren't a grinder, help out your alliance mates who are.
  • Options
    NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    While the concept of communal effort to help all people is good there is a minor imbalance in the implementation.

The people being asked to grind for the milestone have lower rank heroes and smaller rosters. Meaning effectively that they will need to do more equivalent work(# of matches) in order for the middle class to see an improvement in their rewards. The people not grinding have already decided that the rewards they get are not worth the effort required so why would they do that for people they do not know to get something more?

This plan helps in that it "is better for all" when considering the player base as a whole but it is actually riding on the work of the people on the bottom to support the upper classes. Unless there is something for them, why should they?

That is a huge assumption and just plain wrong.

My alliance is 9 million + and on the weekend 20 people hadn't done 1 arena fight.

All are 200K plus accounts.

Don't assume that everyone with a 200K plus account grinds for basics.
  • Options
    KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★

All they need to do is hit 150k. That isn't much grinding at all.
  • Options
    Noobeeus wrote: »
    That is a huge assumption and just plain wrong.

My alliance is 9 million + and on the weekend 20 people hadn't done 1 arena fight.

All are 200K plus accounts.

Don't assume that everyone with a 200K plus account grinds for basics.
    Not as wrong as you think because they are still people who do not feel that the arena rewards are worth it for them, so what do they get out of it? And just because you have a 200k+ account does not mean that you can grind out the milestones in 5 matches.
  • Options
    Kpatrix wrote: »

All they need to do is hit 150k. That isn't much grinding at all.
    But what do they get out of it? there is noting special in it for them, not even a thank you. Right now all the supporters of this idea are just diminishing the efforts of others "it isn't much grinding at all" in order to give themselves a better chance. Also remember that it will take 10 people to get one more person above that bracket, so 150k from 10 people, 1 500k in total....
  • Options
    I think the plan is for people like me who do grind for the basic champs on the weeks I don't want or need the basic to still put in a little time to help the overall community. If the regular arena players still put in a little work to get a few milestones when they don't want the champ it helps out the beginning players by lowering the cutoff. We don't want the beginners to help the vets, we want the vets to help the beginners.
  • Options
    BigMo wrote: »
    I think the plan is for people like me who do grind for the basic champs on the weeks I don't want or need the basic to still put in a little time to help the overall community. If the regular arena players still put in a little work to get a few milestones when they don't want the champ it helps out the beginning players by lowering the cutoff. We don't want the beginners to help the vets, we want the vets to help the beginners.

if that is how this turns out that is wonderful, but when I look at the numbers I do not see that being the outcome. It will help the people that are on the borderline and only a percentage of them.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,795 ★★★★★
    But what do they get out of it? there is noting special in it for them, not even a thank you. Right now all the supporters of this idea are just diminishing the efforts of others "it isn't much grinding at all" in order to give themselves a better chance. Also remember that it will take 10 people to get one more person above that bracket, so 150k from 10 people, 1 500k in total....

I think there are two "rewards";
    1/ hitting rank milestones; 3&4* and 4&5* arenas gives T4HC shards.
    2/ practise using a variety a champs against AI's variety of champs (with my paltry number of 4* champs, running into high tier opponents comes quickly)

I indirectly helps lower cutoffs.

• Options
    Fhap1234Fhap1234 Posts: 62
    I put 6m for Mordo to be safe
  • Options
    Rob6475Rob6475 Posts: 34
    In a perfect world everyone should stop at the last mile stone but we all know everyone will push.
    The idea of kabam matching basic and featured with desired hero would make for a better score. Like ms. Marvel going for 1.8 or Phoenix at 2.5 for the first round cause the t4b was running
    Arena may still need work but it's better than it was and will never please everyone
  • Options
    DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    We can simply tell everyone in the world to get exactly the same score. That way, everyone gets the 1-10% rank rewards.