**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Legends Run - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. Zero

Comments

• SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    I was at 3:31 (just used my last 2 boosts from the 1400 booster pack) with only 3 paths of 2.1 & all of 2.2 except 1 path left in Master & the servers went down unexpectedly, I was killing it & it went down, just my luck. It would be my 3rd tag so it's whatever but I'm still mad. I'm a die hard Guardians fan & just wanted to be on the leaderboards for it, I really hope they reduce the down time to the few who did it on that Sunday
  • Heisenberg07Heisenberg07 Posts: 92
    I was at 3:31 (just used my last 2 boosts from the 1400 booster pack) with only 3 paths of 2.1 & all of 2.2 except 1 path left in Master & the servers went down unexpectedly, I was killing it & it went down, just my luck. It would be my 3rd tag so it's whatever but I'm still mad. I'm a die hard Guardians fan & just wanted to be on the leaderboards for it, I really hope they reduce the down time to the few who did it on that Sunday

So what time did you end up getting? Did you finish it after the maintenance?

• SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    I stopped my timer after it went down & when I checked back when it was up I finished around 4:30 plus before it went down it was taking FOREVER to load, so I'm probably out of the running, I was probably looking at a top 5 time too probably :/
    edited May 2017
    I stopped my timer after it went down & when I checked back when it was up I finished around 4:30 plus before it went down it was taking FOREVER to load, so I'm probably out of the running, I was probably looking at a top 5 time too probably :/

Ouch that sucks man.. but at least you already have the badge, though I understand your frustration..
  • Fhap1234Fhap1234 Posts: 62
    All of your times are amazing. Idk how you guys do it so fast
    Fhap1234 wrote: »

iPhone 7, 30% boosts, mutant team, suicide masteries, and a 5 star rank 4
    Okay that was my problem. I tried using Scarlet witch with suicides but I didn't use any boosts. Maybe next month I'll use my 5 star rank 4 Hawkeye.
    Yep that's definitely a better option. It would have been doable with SW before she was nerfed, but now.. a 5*r4 is the way to go. Hawkeye should be good, depending on the bosses of next month's quest
    Hopefully I'll get lucky and place 100 hahahahaha
    Well it's technically the same as being placed 6th, so I personally wouldn't mind x)
  • HamedSOHamedSO Posts: 139
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »
    Nice insights.

I have never attempted a legend run before, but plan to do my first legend run next month since I have a 3 week vacation then. Ever since my first try at legend running (Bautista Challenge), I have gotten a R4 5* Magik, suicide masteries, overflowing champion boosts and a mutant crit synergy team. On an ipad mini 2 with a 5G modem, I really hope I can be fast enough to have something special that my alliance doesn't have. c:

That's exactly the way I attempted my first legend run, on this quest! Apart from playing on an iPhone 7, instead of an iPad mini 2.
    Magik is a beast, she was perfect for this quest, especially because on the cosmic bosses

Do you need both LC and DE to run for Legend?
  • HamedSOHamedSO Posts: 139

Suicides mean both LC & DE?
  • 420down420down Posts: 170
    edited May 2017
    Okay that was my problem. I tried using Scarlet witch with suicides but I didn't use any boosts. Maybe next month I'll use my 5 star rank 4 Hawkeye.

I used witch for one pass on the final map cause I thought she might be better for voodoo and thanos. I lost at least 5 minutes on that run compared to using r4 marvel.

My biggest issue in attempting this was my wifi. I have DSL and it lags at times. On cable wifi my load times are so much faster but I just don't have access to it for a run like this. I actually lost my wifi and had to switch to 4g in the middle.
    HamedSO wrote: »

Suicides mean both LC & DE?

Yes it does
  • Time_to_clobberTime_to_clobber Posts: 119
    My time was 5:11

What team and iphone did you use?
    I used Scarlett witch critical team with only suicides and I used an iPhone 7.
  • HeartlessHeartless Posts: 298 ★★
    Anyone know where the hall of legends post went to?
    Heartless wrote: »
    Anyone know where the hall of legends post went to?

Looks like they didn't post it yet on the new forums...
  • Khev1215Khev1215 Posts: 4
    Where's the results?
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Khev1215 wrote: »
    Where's the results?

They are usually posted about 2 weeks after the event ends
  • mvinceablemvinceable Posts: 33
    An emergency service outage occurred during my attempt (not planned maintenance), so I have two times.

I did it in 4:13 if I subtract the service outage downtime. If I include the downtime my time was 4:32. I hope Kabam does the right thing and not let the instability of their servers determine my placement.

I also have the whole thing recorded:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/107/what-happens-to-time-attack-times-legend-runs-when-interrupted-by-a-service-outage

https://www.youtube.com/c/mvinceable

edited June 2017
    mvinceable wrote: »
    An emergency service outage occurred during my attempt (not planned maintenance), so I have two times.

I did it in 4:13 if I subtract the service outage downtime. If I include the downtime my time was 4:32. I hope Kabam does the right thing and not let the instability of their servers determine my placement.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/107/what-happens-to-time-attack-times-legend-runs-when-interrupted-by-a-service-outage

Even if the maintenance is included in your time (which is probably what kabam will do), you have a shot at the being in the top 100, I think. 4:32 is a really good time

Even if the maintenance is included in your time (which is probably what kabam will do), you have a shot at the being in the top 100, I think. 4:32 is a really good time

Legend runs take a lot of work, preparation, and time, so it's only fair that someone's 4-5hr effort is fairly counted. I'm hoping that my actual play time is used so I can still be in contention for top 5 (i.e. 3 T4CC). In a Marathon, is it fair to take 20 minutes from one person while everyone else gets their time correctly measured?
    edited June 2017

Legend runs take a lot of work, preparation, and time, so it's only fair that someone's 4-5hr effort is fairly counted. I'm hoping that my actual play time is used so I can still be in contention for top 5 (i.e. 3 T4CC). In a Marathon, is it fair to take 20 minutes from one person while everyone else gets their time correctly measured?

I agree with you, I'm just telling you what I think kabam will end up doing. This is something that's happened to a lot of people before you, I don't see them making an exception for you..

I agree with you, I'm just telling you what I think kabam will end up doing. This is something that's happened to a lot of people before you, I don't see them making an exception for you..

I've actually heard of exceptions and I have the whole thing recorded, so I'm asking for fairness.

I've actually heard of exceptions and I have the whole thing recorded, so I'm asking for fairness.

Oh, I see. Well hopefully for you then.
    Btw, given your experience, do you think 4:37 is a good enough time?

Oh, I see. Well hopefully for you then.
    Btw, given your experience, do you think 4:37 is a good enough time?

Based on the King Groot's quest results, which I think spanned from 3:59 (my time) to 5hrs for the top 100, I think it's a good time.
    Good luck to everyone who attempted the run. Waiting for the results each run always figuratively kills me.
    Good luck to everyone who attempted the run. Waiting for the results each run always figuratively kills me.

Are we getting the results tomorrow?
  • JayimageJayimage Posts: 94
    a lot of guys did about 5 hours w 50min or around 6 hours i still think this time is reasonable. good luck to those who chased it. i got mine and don't run it anymore for myself to give others the opportunity to run it. Good luck to everyone