**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Perma Ban on Cheaters

2»

Comments

• Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 981 ★★★★
    Actions speak louder than words. Please share some screenshot of the hundreds of accounts with their Legend badge removed. Lets share it.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,483 ★★★★★
    Need a safe place to report the incursion cheaters I know, who are in good alliances with big accounts.

Please don't say ticket.
    I don't trust tickets after 2020 December policy update. They do not care.
  • Options
    LetheLatteLetheLatte Posts: 114
    edited March 2023

Need a safe place to report the incursion cheaters I know, who are in good alliances with big accounts.

Please don't say ticket.
    I don't trust tickets after 2020 December policy update. They do not care.

Thats the only way really, they dont care when you post them here either, they tell you to submit a ticket
  • Options
    ZilliaxerZilliaxer Posts: 85

The coolest news so far I think. Thank you, Kabam! Finally some actions that are needed.

Has kabam recently posted anything about banning those incursion & bg Modders?
    Maybe I missed
    No
    Nothing about BG
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★

Mackey said:

It's a great step in the right direction however, did you notice how it's only for incursions? At least the post itself anyway ..... the cheating in incursions has no negative effect on the player base, it only has an effect on Kabam themselves. They should of put all that effort into BGs as a priority, the cheating in there has a direct effect on the players within the mode. I couldn't care less about people cheating to get a legend's title, bares no weight on my gaming experience

They do ban cheaters in BGs, just not a perma ban. Which I would like that to be the next step that Kabam does to those who cheat.
    That's my point, it needs to happen in there more than it needs to happen in incursions.
  • Options
    Still waiting on some kind of update.
    Cuz my global is same as old, full of legends who got carried or the real modders themselves.
  • Options
    MR_61088MR_61088 Posts: 196 ★★
    Not that obvious. Some are already Cavalier and have a R2 6*
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 947 ★★★
    edited March 2023
    What about the ppl who paid hackers to get carried on and the the titles as well? Cause ive been seen this everyday on global chat.

For those that are still unclear: You friend a hacker, pay him, invite to incursions, he takes all the fights until room 25 and u just move forward. Wonder if those leeches will get any punishment as well
  • Options
    Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★
    You guys doing bg and incursions. What about arena? You know the place you all said last year you was going to do bam waves every 3-4 months yet to do it only once? Why isn’t all areas of the game being done for cheating?
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,768 ★★★★★
    SuelGames said:

What about the ppl who paid hackers to get carried on and the the titles as well? Cause ive been seen this everyday on global chat.

For those that are still unclear: You friend a hacker, pay him, invite to incursions, he takes all the fights until room 25 and u just move forward. Wonder if those leeches will get any punishment as well

The updated post says that those accounts are getting punished as well.
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 947 ★★★
    I just checked the official post, and im delightful to hear see the perma bans

I do have 1 question tough:

I dont understanding anything about programing or creating a game, but how on earth there are these many cheaters in this? I assume "hacking" is not an easy task to do, so is the game "security" poor?

Not trying to bash Kabam or anything, just curious cause i didnt know this game was infested with that many hackers, didnt even know that was possible.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,640 ★★★★★
    It’s
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

We just updated the main post with more information about the fight against modders.

This is exactly the type of update I was hoping to see. Kudos to the team for a definitive action on this issue.

One follow up question @Kabam Jax , from a penalty standpoint can we get more transparency about what shape that might take? And can we expect to see this for any cheaters going forward? For example, 7day ban plus an account reversion to a status 30-60 days in the past?
  • Options
    spigwenderspigwender Posts: 473 ★★★
    edited March 2023

Incursions. Seriously? The average player doesn’t lose a thing if a modder blasts through all danger rooms.

The modes we need permabans are where modders ARE TAKING RESOURCES AND REWARDS FROM LEGIT SUMMONERS.

You know.. if you still care about us at all. The last 24 hours have a left that an open question at the moment.

If someone cheats in one area of the game, there’s no reason to assume they wouldn’t do it elsewhere. Also, even if they are being generous and turning off cheats elsewhere, they can use the incursions awards they cheated for to gain an advantage elsewhere.

Also, do you go all caps in every post? Every post of yours I see has all caps. Is it like your signature thing or something? Zola signs his name at the bottom, that’s his thing, so is this just some weird thing you do? It doesn’t help your case to PUT TEXT LIKE THIS as opposed to this.
  • Options
    Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★

Incursions. Seriously? The average player doesn’t lose a thing if a modder blasts through all danger rooms.

The modes we need permabans are where modders ARE TAKING RESOURCES AND REWARDS FROM LEGIT SUMMONERS.

You know.. if you still care about us at all. The last 24 hours have a left that an open question at the moment.

If someone cheats in one area of the game, there’s no reason to assume they wouldn’t do it elsewhere. Also, even if they are being generous and turning off cheats elsewhere, they can use the incursions awards they cheated for to gain an advantage elsewhere.

Also, do you go all caps in every post? Every post of yours I see has all caps. Is it like your signature thing or something? Zola signs his name at the bottom, that’s his thing, so is this just some weird thing you do? It doesn’t help your case to PUT TEXT LIKE THIS as opposed to this.
    All this is is a smoke screen by kabam. It’s a bait and switch. People been modding incursions since the new one came out for t3a t6b and the sig stones. It’s been out for over 6 months and kabam now just doing something? It be done once and we will never hear from em again regarding it. It’s what they did with arena. Did it once to shut people up
  • Options
    SpartanChaosSpartanChaos Posts: 22
    My question is for battlegrounds cheaters you've caught, is it confirmed you are perma banning or is this the same does nothing 7 day ban it's always been. I can only speak for myself though I'd be surprised if community didn't feel the same, BG cheating is worse than incursions as it affects our scores and rewards instead of just their own. If incursions is being perma banned then BG and arena had better be as well.
  • Options
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

We just updated the main post with more information about the fight against modders.

Looks promising.
    But I'll be honest, there are way more than 500 players that got carried by modders.
    I have submitted ticket against about 10 players from my global chat, I know for sure have cheated.

I'm not the one who submits a report just cause I have a hunch, been doing it for a very long time (5years), support used to be quiet helpful and swift getting those cheaters banned.
    But then I stopped in dec 2020 when they stopped banning cheaters.
    If support can do their job, We have some good guys who will report real cheaters more often, we stopped doing that cuz we lost trust on your cheating policies.

Will wait to see how things will turn out this time.
    This extensive cheating may make me leave for real. Cuz it's demoralising to see cheaters thrive.
  • Options
    StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Don’t forget to ban merc and players buying their services.

At least, when you permanently ban someone, make him not appear in social search.
    I kniw of at least 1 merc and 1 player that used its services and both are still here. The player still have its legend title the merc got him by playing the account
  • Options
    Prismane1269Prismane1269 Posts: 217
    edited March 2023

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Looks promising.
    But I'll be honest, there are way more than 500 players that got carried by modders.
    I have submitted ticket against about 10 players from my global chat, I know for sure have cheated.

I'm not the one who submits a report just cause I have a hunch, been doing it for a very long time (5years), support used to be quiet helpful and swift getting those cheaters banned.
    But then I stopped in dec 2020 when they stopped banning cheaters.
    If support can do their job, We have some good guys who will report real cheaters more often, we stopped doing that cuz we lost trust on your cheating policies.

Will wait to see how things will turn out this time.
    This extensive cheating may make me leave for real. Cuz it's demoralising to see cheaters thrive.
    Even I reported 10-12 players with ss(Most of them got legend badge & abyss title at less than 50 lvl with 6* r2 & r1) in March 12, through kabam support ticket. According to the recent post of Jax regrading ban, those 12 players should’ve got banned, since they used mod for incursion 13 days ago.

But they’re still playing.
  • Options
    GogataGogata Posts: 71
    Until now it wasnt perma ban ??? no wonder they didn't care, anyway good news then
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,989 Guardian
    SuelGames said:

I just checked the official post, and im delightful to hear see the perma bans

I do have 1 question tough:

I dont understanding anything about programing or creating a game, but how on earth there are these many cheaters in this? I assume "hacking" is not an easy task to do, so is the game "security" poor?

Not trying to bash Kabam or anything, just curious cause i didnt know this game was infested with that many hackers, didnt even know that was possible.

Most of the "hackers hacking the game" are not actually hacking the game. They are buying or using a tool that modifies the game client. It takes some level of expertise (not a ton, but less than people sometimes think) to hack the game client. But any tool can buy and use a tool.
  • Options
    BoogalooglerBoogaloogler Posts: 97 ★★
    edited March 2023
    I hope everyone who disagreed with the announcement got banned. Clearly modders