Options

Anyone Else Taking Damage when EoP ikarus uses Sp1?

While doing the Spiderverse EoP Carina challenge I was having an issue where when during the ikarus fight I would lose a chunk of health after he would throw his sp1.... This was my last challenge to complete and I never remembered that happened during the other runs I made...

I reported it to kabam but got only the response that future information couldn't be provided and I would have to look in forums or in-game messages for any updates...

I am just curious if anyone else has experience this big besides me?

Comments

• Options
    WhyMe1984WhyMe1984 Posts: 68
    edited March 2023
    https://youtu.be/epE66CmloV4

Heres a link to a short clip
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,260 ★★★★★
    It's the most asked EOP issues in forums after EOP.
    As you don't have a mystic, I'll suggest taking this fight extremely slow, without using light hits, and doing only heavies.
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    WhyMe1984 said:

WhyMe1984 said:

Not everything is a bug. Unless you’re using a mystic champ avoid light attacks, otherwise he will gain these buffs and you will fry with every special he throws.

But I wasn't reducing his power tho
    Him throwing a special qualifies under the umbrella of “for any reason”. He throws a special, his power is reduced, you take a chunk of damage. Ikaris can be quite annoying.
    Yeah... Now that I think back I did use mystics on him, Scarlet witch for double objective and jugs for thunderbolts, and hood for dimensional beings... Robots I went left... So yeah makes sense... Thanks man now I feel dumb 😂
    When the auto-pilot hits it hits hard. You’re definitely not the only one on this fight.
  • Options
    KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 312 ★★★
    I just have thunderbolt objective left and was planning crossbones for him, my options for this one are lacking. Now I'm thinking maybe just r5 Chavez or juggs 5* for it.
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023

I just have thunderbolt objective left and was planning crossbones for him, my options for this one are lacking. Now I'm thinking maybe just r5 Chavez or juggs 5* for it.

Plus side to Crossbones is that with each fury he reduces the opponents ability accuracy, so you have an increased chance of getting around Ikaris’ kit. A mystic champ is the safer option (Chavez > Juggs in this fight), but Crossbones may not be a bad option. Just avoid throwing light attacks as much as possible.
  • Options
    MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 549 ★★★
    Using Spider Heroes your were better off going left side but to late now good luck
  • Options
    YcatsYcats Posts: 146 ★★

I had 5 star crossbones and jugs for this fight and I preferred crossbones
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,720 Guardian

Chavez is so good for that fight, here is a video for reference so you get the idea on how to use Chavez during the fight.

https://youtu.be/XGXolQzotYI
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Don't count on the Mystic exception though. I used Hood for the Dimensional Beings objective, and I was taking damage in his every single sp1.
  • Options
    SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 578 ★★★
    If You don't want that Sting damage, a Mystic champ You must bring to that fight.