Options

Battlegrounds matchmaking is broken

FishyGillFishyGill Posts: 15
edited April 2023 in General Discussion
I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue, I keep getting matched against people with so much better rosters than me, rather than people who are actually around my roster rating. I have 1 r4 6 star and a decent amount of r3s, but I'm getting matched up against people with R5 6 stars. I don't have a chance of winning these.
Here's my account:

And here are just 2 examples of who I've been matched against:

Are others having similar problems?

Comments

• Options

You are in Diamond my guy. Why shouldnt you face others in Diamond with you?

I should but there should be some sort of similar rating in matchmaking so that you have a chance of winning. I should be against others with similar accounts to me. If there aren't many, there will definitely be some without r5 6 stars.
  • Options

You are in Diamond my guy. Why shouldnt you face others in Diamond with you?

matchmaking is based on roster rating, I’m in the same league and I keep getting matched up with people with rosters of 80% 5 stars, for reference I’ve got 4 rank 4 6 stars and the rest of my deck are rank 3 6 stars. It’s essentially death matches for them it always feels so dirty pulling 56-54k points on every fight just bc I killed them in 20 hits.
  • Options
    DrZola said:

Diamond 2? For a 12K prestige account, that’s terrific. I’m surprised you haven’t faced more accounts that size on your climb through the ranks.

What size accounts have you been facing?

Dr. Zola

Thanks I appreciate that! I have been facing quite a lot of accounts with a lot of r4s but I'm able to play and draft very strategically in order to win. It's just against these sorts of accounts with r5s I feel no matter how strategically I play I won't be able to win.
  • Options

Why do you think you should get the same or better rewards than those you are facing and think you shouldn't have to face stronger players?

You know there are still thousands of paragons with 16k+ prestige accounts stuck way lower than you in victory track and therefore getting worse BG rewards than you.

You are correct that BG matchmaking is broken as it is completely illogical and broken to have it set up to where you are getting better rewards than far stronger accounts that you don't have to face.

The whole point of battlegrounds is the more you win, the better rewards you get. These stronger accounts that are below me in the victory track are getting worse rewards, because they have been getting less wins. It isn't illogical that I get better rewards than stronger accounts, because I have won more than those accounts. You also seem to have missed my other reply, practically every match is an account that is much stronger than me with lots of r4s, but I still beat them because I play strategically to the best of my ability. However, there is a limit to how many people I can beat purely by playing strategically and the best I can, and that's what the problem is, I shouldn't be having to face this limit. Furthermore, your argument breaks down when you think about the fact that these much stronger accounts get to go against much weaker ones too. The reason I don't have to face these far stronger accounts below me is because I've already faced them and beaten them strategically.
  • Options

FishyGill said:

Why do you think you should get the same or better rewards than those you are facing and think you shouldn't have to face stronger players?

You know there are still thousands of paragons with 16k+ prestige accounts stuck way lower than you in victory track and therefore getting worse BG rewards than you.

You are correct that BG matchmaking is broken as it is completely illogical and broken to have it set up to where you are getting better rewards than far stronger accounts that you don't have to face.

The whole point of battlegrounds is the more you win, the better rewards you get. These stronger accounts that are below me in the victory track are getting worse rewards, because they have been getting less wins. It isn't illogical that I get better rewards than stronger accounts, because I have won more than those accounts. You also seem to have missed my other reply, practically every match is an account that is much stronger than me with lots of r4s, but I still beat them because I play strategically to the best of my ability. However, there is a limit to how many people I can beat purely by playing strategically and the best I can, and that's what the problem is, I shouldn't be having to face this limit. Furthermore, your argument breaks down when you think about the fact that these much stronger accounts get to go against much weaker ones too. The reason I don't have to face these far stronger accounts below me is because I've already faced them and beaten them strategically.
    You are getting more wins ONLY because you are facing weaker accounts. They are facing ONLY stronger accounts to include nothing but end game players every single fight starting in bronze 3.

You are NOT winning more because you are better than them or because you have a better roster than them, you are winning more because of this ridiculously flawed matchmaking system that puts the weak against the weak and the strong against the strong all while everyone competing for same rewards.

And no, with extremely rare exceptions stronger accounts do BOT get to go against weaker accounts like yours. In face my entire way up from victory track this season, I only faces 2 players that had prestige under 16k and both were in diamond 1, way higher than they belong had they not been fighting only weaker rosters.

Once you have to start facing half decent accounts you can't hang anymore and immediately start complaining in forums.
    I've said multiple times I have been consistently against much stronger accounts and beating them, so no, I'm not getting more wins "ONLY because I'm facing weaker accounts" to mine.

You say the system is flawed by putting strong against strong and weak against weak? Huh? Would you have it that strong accounts fight weak accounts and get free wins? And we aren't competing for the same rewards. The cost of the battlegrounds store decreases as you progress to new levels (cavalier, thronebreaker, paragon) and so it's more difficult to get rewards when you are a weaker account. The fact you are a weak against a weak or a strong against a strong means it becomes based on skill rather than your roster.

These "half decent" accounts are ones with R5 6 stars and lots of r4s, whilst I have only one r4. I don't even know where your logic is coming from here.
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★

FishyGill said:

You are getting more wins ONLY because you are facing weaker accounts. They are facing ONLY stronger accounts to include nothing but end game players every single fight starting in bronze 3.

You are NOT winning more because you are better than them or because you have a better roster than them, you are winning more because of this ridiculously flawed matchmaking system that puts the weak against the weak and the strong against the strong all while everyone competing for same rewards.

And no, with extremely rare exceptions stronger accounts do BOT get to go against weaker accounts like yours. In face my entire way up from victory track this season, I only faces 2 players that had prestige under 16k and both were in diamond 1, way higher than they belong had they not been fighting only weaker rosters.

Once you have to start facing half decent accounts you can't hang anymore and immediately start complaining in forums.
    Telling someone they’re ONLY progressing because they get easier match-ups then people like you is:

a) incorrect
    b) makes you look bitter AF.

You come across so elitist and it’s not a good look.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    FishyGill said:

FishyGill said:

I've said multiple times I have been consistently against much stronger accounts and beating them, so no, I'm not getting more wins "ONLY because I'm facing weaker accounts" to mine.

You say the system is flawed by putting strong against strong and weak against weak? Huh? Would you have it that strong accounts fight weak accounts and get free wins? And we aren't competing for the same rewards. The cost of the battlegrounds store decreases as you progress to new levels (cavalier, thronebreaker, paragon) and so it's more difficult to get rewards when you are a weaker account. The fact you are a weak against a weak or a strong against a strong means it becomes based on skill rather than your roster.

These "half decent" accounts are ones with R5 6 stars and lots of r4s, whilst I have only one r4. I don't even know where your logic is coming from here.
    U r competing for the same rewards, which is trophy tokens... It should be dog eat dog... Why do u think there are Paragons struggling?.. cause they have no skills?.. The cost in battlegrounds store decreased due to progression level in the danger store... Yet lower progressions were able to earn less...different from BGs where u earn the same ammount as each progression level
  • Options
    Pikok said:

Bg is competitive mode. Why you think you should be able to progress to next tier of rewards if you are not able to win with guys on same tier as you? In bg important is skill and roster. You should not progress if you dont have both.

I've literally said so many times my problem is that I'm facing people who are no where near on the same tier as me 😂
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Pikok said:

And like I wrote in other thread bg is a mode where sharks are fighting with sharks and fishes swimming unnoticed by sharks. And those fishes thinking they are sharks. No offense ofc but this thread is confirmation of my words

I don't understand that analogy what do you mean?
  • Options
    Pikok said:

FishyGill said:

Pikok said:

Bg is competitive mode. Why you think you should be able to progress to next tier of rewards if you are not able to win with guys on same tier as you? In bg important is skill and roster. You should not progress if you dont have both.

I've literally said so many times my problem is that I'm facing people who are no where near on the same tier as me 😂
    They are in same tier. Diamond vs diamond. Bronze vs bronze
    Same tier ≠ Fair fight.
    According to your logic, a paragon Vs uncollected in a silver match for example would be fair.
  • Options
    PikokPikok Posts: 131 ★★
    Oh lol. You even have a fish in nickname. Like I said no offense but comparison to sharks and fishes are literally 100% true
  • Options

Op, based on your logic, a really good little league team should be allowed to only go against little league teams while then being able to get the same rewards as the professional athletes (to include multimillion contract) and then compete in MLB playoffs (which many professional teams won't make it into who would squash the little league team) for chance at World Series Crown.

Sounds ridiculous right? Well that is EXACTLY what you are asking for in BGs

The rewards aren't the same however since the store costs change based on progression level.
  • Options
    I originally posted this to see other people's thoughts. I understand all of your views although I don't entirely agree with them but I appreciate seeing your inputs and I do agree to a level with them, not entirely but partially. But I'm gonna leave it here, I may be missing something in my reasoning seeing that a lot of you share the same view. Thanks guys for all the input. :)