**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Update on the Fight Against Cheaters - April 14, 2023

With the close of Season 6, most of our anti-cheat efforts over the past week focused on Battlegrounds. Improvements we made to the system throughout the season were successful in reducing the amount of cheating taking place, especially higher on the Gladiator's Circuit leaderboard. We also committed more resources to manual review in the days leading up to the conclusion of the season. Things still aren't perfect, we still have work to do, but things are improving.

We successfully identified dozens of additional cheaters, thanks to a new improvement to the system we rolled out this week. Unfortunately, through manual review we also found two false positives in the data. Our goal for next season will be to iterate on this improvement to completely eliminate false positives. In the meantime, we will be manually reviewing the accounts identified and banning any cheaters.

We continue to apply harsher penalties for cheating and have a long list of additional anti-cheat systems queued up for development and implementation. If you are modding in our game, you should expect to get banned. If you pilot or hire someone to pilot your account, you should expect to get banned. If you hire a cheater to carry you through content in any way, you should expect to get banned.

There will be another update about the Incursions cheating situation at some point in the next few weeks!

Comments

• BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,586 ★★★★★
    I gotta say, looking at where this was 6 months ago, I really gotta applaud all the progress in this space. I’ve been one of the more vocal critics but seeing real punitive measures taken has been so refreshing
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    PepeMcoc said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRjUfxQkk70a2356Tmnwcc1fv7iN-QTLPJwDdxoScBT7ryE0j7EtC2_5WM1Ifqd2tqx1ohjO3b_a_CG/pubhtml?gid=2121926657&single=true

This is the leaderboard and no one was banned after the last "removal" of people who got banned a week ago. And most of the people who was cheating modded in the last 2-3 days, i can see most of them if not all on the leaderboard. NONE were banned.

@PepeMcoc the one thing I think you missed is that it looks like Kabam removed people from the boards on the very last day within about the very last hour. So while you got a shot of the 'final' leaderboard, you missed the comparison before they removed a chunk.

I checked the leaderboard for my placement towards the very end (less than 2 hours before it closed and I was #196 (4 spots out of dropping out of Mysterium I). I was debating if I should play 1 more match or not but I choose not to & then I checked with about 15minutes left on the clock and I jumped up to #173. Sure... could a bunch of players ahead of me done some matches and lose and I go up. It's possible but to me it looked like the exact opposite. Kabam putting the ban hammer on a chunk of cheating accounts which caused the rise. I only say this as the general trend of not playing and staying stagnant with your points, you will just slowly drop spots.

• BostonSpidey124BostonSpidey124 Posts: 18
    That is weird because that was not my experience at all. I last played the day before and my position just dropped. In fact my position dropped five more from when I checked right before it ended to the rewards. So either more people jumped me in the last minutes than were banned or there weren’t any bans.
  • ReyAlemánReyAlemán Posts: 88

@PepeMcoc the one thing I think you missed is that it looks like Kabam removed people from the boards on the very last day within about the very last hour. So while you got a shot of the 'final' leaderboard, you missed the comparison before they removed a chunk.

@LilMaddogHT that's what kabam did 30 minutes before the season ended, they "removed" a bunch of cheaters which were banned a week ago (all their points where set to 0 but they still appeared on the leaderboard tho), however... none of the reported modders in the last 2-3 days were banned, as far as I know this spreadsheeet was taken 5 minutes after the season ended...

Kabam is doing an amazing work, but I'd expect them to check after the season ended and cleanup the leaderboards from those last day cheaters...

cheers
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,165 ★★★★

@LilMaddogHT that's what kabam did 30 minutes before the season ended, they "removed" a bunch of cheaters which were banned a week ago (all their points where set to 0 but they still appeared on the leaderboard tho), however... none of the reported modders in the last 2-3 days were banned, as far as I know this spreadsheeet was taken 5 minutes after the season ended...

Kabam is doing an amazing work, but I'd expect them to check after the season ended and cleanup the leaderboards from those last day cheaters...

cheers
    I see... Fair enough. I'm happy that they are doing something and they acknowledged there is a still a gap and they are doing work to close it.

I do personally find it a bit frustrating that if they banned people a week ago and it doesn't adjust the leaderboard in a more timely manner, then I get false info on how to much ore to do or not towards the end to hit my own personal goal. 🤷🏼‍♂️. While I don't push too much so I'll just continue patiently waiting for all this stuff to get resolved and make BGs run more smooth and fair.
  • I'm happy with these actions. What will happen to those banned, They have been modding/Mercing in other game areas too, including alliance wars. Will their alliances benefitting from this be docked as well?
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 934 ★★★★★
    Having these regular updates is extremely helpful. Liking the pro-active communication on this.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

You’re gonna give Al Bundy a stroke.

Actions speak louder than words but I'm hoping it's true. Personally, I'd rather see an update on matchmaking though.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,209 ★★★★★
    edited April 2023
    The modder I faced in last hour is still in the spreadsheet rankings..just came back after checking, is not banned in game and logged in 4 hours ago.
  • CederCeder Posts: 668 ★★★
    Any plans to deal with shellers in war?
  • Pizzaslayer11Pizzaslayer11 Posts: 25
    Honestly feel like Kabam should look at 1 month bans that start at the beginning of the event m. Could be an efficient way of dealing with those who obtained rewards through unethical means.
  • KibinKibin Posts: 4
    @""Kabam Miike" we have a deadline for raid bans, provided as written in a previous post I'm afraid to rejoin them because the other person in the lobby didn't convince me.
    because I don't want to spend the money on spring cleaning and then lose money and account.
    Thank you
  • KibinKibin Posts: 4
    edited April 2023
    Thank you
  • Kifflom_69420Kifflom_69420 Posts: 5
    A friend of mine with an account of 6 years.
    A rating of 800,000 Got suspended.
    Why? He is not even a good player he's not even a legend title holder. What's up with that