Favourite superhero movie

Milan1405Milan1405 Member Posts: 952 ★★★★
My alliance mate was in favour of endgame but I think the dark knight is the best superhero film ever made. Please comment your favourite superhero film if you select other.

Favourite superhero movie 77 votes

The dark knight
22%
RookiieMilan1405ILLUSION8ErcarretBawa69SpideyFunkoSidd777TrashPanda12MackeydarkMeliodasninosRealWizardTheTrueBeast10Emilia90Pizzaslayer11Neil_is_awsomeSilentAris 17 votes
Avengers endgame
29%
Cat_MurdockCropDusterUnsilentredsoxpatsfan89JChanceH9Luke9523Username19273BabyMiikeBocksaroxFiiNCHXyakirXMasterzxProIoniqus_797Soumemiakas1926Wasy1GrassKnucklesSuperstar_1126MDxAxewhdsjsksksk 23 votes
Other
48%
MegaSkater67World EaterphillgreenSundance_2099Darknrahl2KerneasIamnikePikoluOGAvengerAmbjonyH3t3rKrishna24GardoshRax38LpooBollandSkyLord7000ShenkJack2634ThePredator1001 37 votes

Comments

• GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,479 Guardian
    No. Just not. I can understand undgame but the dark night was alright. Logan is prime however and at the top.
  • Milan1405Milan1405 Member Posts: 952 ★★★★
    The dark knight

No. Just not. I can understand undgame but the dark night was alright. Logan is prime however and at the top.

The Dark Knight I would say had more interesting characters, a brilliant ending and just in general the storytelling was amazing. I'm a huge Christopher Nolan fan, inception is another one of my all time favourite films.
    edited May 2023
    The dark knight

Shang Chiiiii

I thought shang chi was alright, but I wasn't a fan of the pacing/some plot elements and some of the character arcs were a bit stale like the shang chi's friend. I prefer some of the older mcu movies like iron man. Cool plot and interesting protagonist and one of my favourite films in the mcu. It seems to me like the mcu is just coming up with long and overly complicated plots while introducing new characters for the sake of it and I don't like some of them like captain marvel who are just bland. Making a character OP without flaws is boring.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,834 ★★★★★
    Other
    Masters of the Universe
  • Elite13Elite13 Member Posts: 184
    Other
    I LOVE the Dark Knight, BUT I think the The New Batman movie "The Batman" is a small bit better. In that movie batmans has less high tech equipment and it just is a little darker
    The dark knight
    Elite13 said:

I LOVE the Dark Knight, BUT I think the The New Batman movie "The Batman" is a small bit better. In that movie batmans has less high tech equipment and it just is a little darker

I thought the batman was cool and had a solid plot and great storytelling. However I think the Dark Knight wins it for me as the villains are more compelling (the joker, two face) and the action parts were better. Also the opening sequence is brilliant and the action is an extremely strong start to the movie.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,934 ★★★★★
    The dark knight
    didn’t see the other option

it’s The Batman 1000%
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,247 Guardian
    Milan1405 said:

The Dark Knight I would say had more interesting characters, a brilliant ending and just in general the storytelling was amazing. I'm a huge Christopher Nolan fan, inception is another one of my all time favourite films.

As opposed to maybe the worst (or one of) which was the latest remake, “The Batman”.
    Can’t remember, but I might have actually turned that one off while watching it.

Favorite Actor/Actress would go with Gal Gadot as W.W.
  • Jack2634Jack2634 Member Posts: 909 ★★★
    Other
    captain america + capt america winter soldier . Best films to me
  • LpooLpoo Member Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Other
    Howard the duck
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,341 ★★★★★
    edited May 2023
    The dark knight
    Endgame was a convoluted mess. Comparing it to Dark Knight is offensive to DK lol

Though I agree with some others that the new Batman film was amazing
    The dark knight
    Milan1405 said:

Elite13 said:

I thought the batman was cool and had a solid plot and great storytelling. However I think the Dark Knight wins it for me as the villains are more compelling (the joker, two face) and the action parts were better. Also the opening sequence is brilliant and the action is an extremely strong start to the movie.
    Scarecrow was brilliant too. Love Cillian Murphy
  • KatanaCatKatanaCat Member Posts: 10
    Other
    The Crow or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990).
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Member Posts: 1,379 ★★★★
    Other
    For me it’s The Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2. Spider-Man has been my favourite character all my life and that was my favourite of the live action ones. I liked the original trilogy and will always have a soft spot for it after growing up with them. But Garfield was absolutely brilliant as Spidey, I know the sequel gets a lot of hate but the suit design, acting, swinging scenes/effects, even the music is all awesome. I can watch them over and over and never get bored, love it.

If we’re talking MCU films then it’s captain America: the winter soldier. From start to finish that film just didn’t let up. It was constantly keeping you engaged with great character building, tension, brilliant fight scenes. I feel like that one had something special about it that I haven’t really found in any of the others. Infinity war would be the one that comes closest I would say.
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,479 Guardian

Milan1405 said:

As opposed to maybe the worst (or one of) which was the latest remake, “The Batman”.
    Can’t remember, but I might have actually turned that one off while watching it.

I was in and out of sleep watching it. Bet I went in at 9 at night and I’m just an avid hater of Robert Pattinson
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,178 ★★★★★
    Other
    Spider-Man No Way Home
  • Shake_a_QuakeShake_a_Quake Member Posts: 462 ★★★
    Other
    Love the dark knight fosho, but if Loki was a film, that would've had my heart.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,969 ★★★★★
    Other
    CA:WS with an honorable mention to Logan.

• Krishna24Krishna24 Member Posts: 415 ★★★
    Other
    Thor Ragnarok
  • FantomaxopFantomaxop Member Posts: 134 ★★
    Having the hard choosing between Spider Man 2 with Tobey Maguire, Blade or X-men 2
  • H3t3rH3t3r Member, Guardian Posts: 2,882 Guardian
    Other
    Close tie between The dark knight and The dark knight rises. Honorable mention of CapWS
    The dark knight

Milan1405 said:

How exactly was it the worst? It takes Batman back to his detective roots and it’s directed well. Pattinson works well as an early Bruce Wayne
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,894 ★★★★★
    edited May 2023
    The dark knight
    I didn't really realize that there was an "Other" option before I voted so I figured I'd expand my thoughts a bit here.

I still love the Dark Knight but there are other superhero movies that I love as well, for various reasons. I was a huge fan of the Blade movies (especially the second one), for example. I think X-Men: First Class is an amazing movie. Captain America: Winter Soldier is probably my favorite movie in the MCU. The Batman was amazing.

It's just hard to say which is, definitively, "the best". But out of Endgame and the Dark Knight, I do prefer the latter. I never really clicked with Infinity War/Endgame for various reasons.
    The dark knight
    Love all the diverse opinions here on favourite hero films like xmen, blade and other marvel films like the winter soldier but I am really surprised by endgames popularity here. I enjoyed the film, but tbh I thought some of the action scenes were a bit too cliche and was not really a fan of the old 'use time travel to fix everything'. Also I know a lot of people thought that cap staying in the past was unfitting as it seemed weird that his character, who was all about sacrifice and saving the world, decides to give it all up to stay in the past and grow old. Robert downey jr gave a stellar performance as always but I really didn't like captain marvel's character. What kind of plot idea is it that she is too busy to help them in infinity war lol?? I personally think that there are other mcu films which have a much more satisfying plot such as iron man or captain america the winter soldier as a lot of people here have said. Maybe Ill make another poll on just mcu movies to see the outcome there. But for me the dark knight is still the king of superhero movies.
    The dark knight
    Emilia90 said:

Milan1405 said:

How exactly was it the worst? It takes Batman back to his detective roots and it’s directed well. Pattinson works well as an early Bruce Wayne
    I defo agree The batman was a good film. Great storytelling and as you said it was directed well with interesting characters. Only thing for me is I would have preferred a few more fight scenes/action but I think a main reason why the film isn't rated higher is simply that most people were comparing it to the dark knight which is obviously an extremely high bar.
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,097 ★★★★★
    Other
    Original Avengers for me.
    The dark knight

Original Avengers for me.

I remember seeing that 10 years ago or so when it came out and boy was it cool to see all the main marvel characters come together. While it certainly is a great movie I think it's more nostalgic for me rather than necessarily being the best movie marvel have made.
  • mustgofastermustgofaster Member Posts: 92
    Dark Knight Rises. So many people who enjoyed that trilogy always say the Dark Knight but I liked Dark Knight Rises better.

That batman trilogy will never be beat in my opinion.