Comments

• BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,806 ★★★★★
    edited May 2023
    Who is still having that much trouble with him that he needs a nerf? Seems like overkill to me for a champ that people had to open a ton of featured's just to get in the first place. We rarely have our R4 sig 200 get more than 1 or 2 kills no matter what node he's on.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,703 ★★★★★
    Lmao, he isn't even hard to fight. All these people trying to force through the fight with champs that aren't good against him or something. I've seen r3/4 get no kills or like mentioned above 1 or 2...
  • TeeBleezyTeeBleezy Member Posts: 39
    The regen was never supposed to proc at the beginning of the fight. That is all they're fixing.
  • CoppinCoppin Member Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Hmm nerf cause of a war aspect... Its a bigger nerf in the BG aspect to be honest...
  • RenaxqqRenaxqq Member Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Doesn't sound that bad.
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,482 Guardian
    I’m not really sure how I feel about this choice. So the reason for this is because of him excelling in lower tier wars?
  • 1toxic_cupcake1toxic_cupcake Member Posts: 95

TeeBleezy said:

The regen was never supposed to proc at the beginning of the fight. That is all they're fixing.

It was tho. The current sig states that on defense, whenever he enters a form the regen will trigger. At the start of the fight he enters Uru form by default so the regen should trigger
    That's right, Kabam contradicts himself. And if the champion loses, regeneration at the beginning of the next battle will not take place and as a result an additional corpse in any game mode
  • Logan00Logan00 Member Posts: 621 ★★★
    edited May 2023
    If they did this with abs man and zemo can't wait to see what they will do to Adam warlock, when they finish with him Sentry will look like an ultra god tier in beast in comparison:))
  • blackdragonightblackdragonight Member Posts: 114 ★★
    Since he's getting nerfed can we get rank down tickets so I can Rank 5 another 6 star when the time comes thanks.
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Can someone explain the Rulk references? I don't do AW so I don't get it.
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Member Posts: 408 ★★★
    From my understanding, the only change to Absorbing Man is that on defence his regen will no longer proc at the beginning of the fight. Personally, I don’t really think it’s that big a deal, it doesn’t have any impact on him as an attacker, while making him slightly less punishing as a defender in certain areas.

I’m more interested in the changes to Zemo, particularly around his armour changes. Seems like it might slow him up a bit in matchups where you could remove the armour up, although we’ll have to wait to see if it’s a significant impact.
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,482 Guardian

From my understanding, the only change to Absorbing Man is that on defence his regen will no longer proc at the beginning of the fight. Personally, I don’t really think it’s that big a deal, it doesn’t have any impact on him as an attacker, while making him slightly less punishing as a defender in certain areas.

I’m more interested in the changes to Zemo, particularly around his armour changes. Seems like it might slow him up a bit in matchups where you could remove the armour up, although we’ll have to wait to see if it’s a significant impact.

Ah thank you for the quick summary I hadn’t been able to check the changes yet
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,833 ★★★★★
    altavista said:

As it was explained to me, in Black Uru form, he has 8k physical resistance which turns Rhulk into a noodle. Though I've used Rhulk plenty of times on hazzard shift mini on boss island and don't really remember having a difficult time. But I did heavy counter a lot to keep him deactivated.

Also in Magma form, his incinerates are passive and Rhulk can't bypass them... I think. I haven't tried.
    Logan00 said:

If they did this with abs man and zemo can't wait to see what they will do to Adam warlock, when they finish with him Sentry will look like an ultra god tier in beast in comparison:))

You're acting like they completely changed these two champions to two completely new champions designs. Abs Man is a minor change to his defense. Zemo is a bit of a bigger change with his fury but really effects champs like BWCV.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

altavista said:

As it was explained to me, in Black Uru form, he has 8k physical resistance which turns Rhulk into a noodle. Though I've used Rhulk plenty of times on hazzard shift mini on boss island and don't really remember having a difficult time. But I did heavy counter a lot to keep him deactivated.

Also in Magma form, his incinerates are passive and Rhulk can't bypass them... I think. I haven't tried.
    He can if he's max sig ish and Max charges. No aura dmaage from Mephisto too

altavista said:

He only needs 100 sigs to be immune to incinerate damage at 10 heat charges. Sig 200 is 20% incinerate damage resistance per heat charge.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

altavista said:

He only needs 100 sigs to be immune to incinerate damage at 10 heat charges. Sig 200 is 20% incinerate damage resistance per heat charge.
    Right.. last time i used him he was a 4*. Hence the confusion. But looked at it now and he needs only 33ish sigs at 10 charges. Damn his sig scales pretty strong

altavista said:

Right.. last time i used him he was a 4*. Hence the confusion. But looked at it now and he needs only 33ish sigs at 10 charges. Damn his sig scales pretty strong
    Yes. Hes so simple but so great. I just tested it and he doesn't take damage from the passives at 10 heat charges.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★

TeeBleezy said:

It was tho. The current sig states that on defense, whenever he enters a form the regen will trigger. At the start of the fight he enters Uru form by default so the regen should trigger
    The designer of the champion said it was unintended and that’s why it’s getting fixed.