**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Settle an argument about Elsa

Will Elsa’s sig work when the boss is NOT on the last node of the map? (Adam Warlock this month, Shocker last month). I can see it going either way depending on how a “node” is defined.

Comments

• Options
    BuffalaxBuffalax Posts: 107
    I just pulled her as a 7, she’s not duped, I’m just excited about it and people in my alliance were asking about her.
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    I would take this wording literally. If they’re not on the final node then you would not get the crit damage rating.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,695 Guardian
    The easiest way to settle the argument is to test it yourself.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    There is a boss icon you can see in game. You get EQ comp points for killing the boss, not finishing the path iirc. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong
  • Options
    Compared against what? How can you test that? Find 2 identical champs, buffs, PIs where one is the boss and one is not?
  • Options
    Her sig doesn’t specify “boss” it says “fighting the final node in the quest”. Does that mean the boss, or does that mean the last energy use on the map?
  • Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,204 ★★★★
    Buffalax said:

Her sig doesn’t specify “boss” it says “fighting the final node in the quest”. Does that mean the boss, or does that mean the last energy use on the map?

What do you mean last energy use??? Of course it’s the boss, if there’s some champ as the last one you have to face in the quest, then this champ is the boss
  • Options
    But there are maps where the last node is empty. Is that empty node where her sig activates?

I’m not being difficult on purpose, it’s just gnawing at me now and I want to know. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,039 ★★★★★
    Buffalax said:

I interpret the “final node” as significant here meaning if the boss is on the final node you receive the bonus. If the boss is before the final node and the final node is empty, no bonus.

I have not tested this and am not sure how to conclusively test 😆
  • Options
    KingSageThe1stKingSageThe1st Posts: 102
    I think you're overthinking it. It most likely means the final boss of a quest. You can go test it out if you want, but honestly, if you need to fight the exact same champ on the exact same nodes where one is boss and one is not to see the difference, it doesn't matter that much anyway. 100 or so critical damage rating isn't much to worry about.

• Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    They changed it some time ago so that abilities like this work on the final boss even if they are not technically on the final node in a quest.

I can't pull up the patch notes but there's is video evidence in Swedeah's videos where he's using the Champion against one of the 3 bosses in 8.2 and gets the regen that only activates if the Champion is fighting on the final node of a quest like Elsa
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Should be changed to boss node
  • Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    GeneralMerceGeneralMerce Posts: 236 ★★
    TLDR: Old Patch notes = Elsa Bloodstone and The Champion: Final node abilities now work on bosses that are not on the final node of the map, such as fights in Act 7.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,229 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

There is a boss icon you can see in game. You get EQ comp points for killing the boss, not finishing the path iirc. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong

Sometimes I plan my EQ run precisely, I stop at the boss node after clearing it. And wait for few hours before reaching the final node to get points in 22 hour EQ completion event.