**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

7s Release - A Swing and a Miss

The entirety of your game community has been waiting for this release, and you gave us what is essentially a "Paragon Exclusive" event. I'm a Paragon, and even for us it's incredibly lackluster. For any kind of meaningful contribution we have to open our wallets, or drop the begininnings of our 4th of July unit savings.

No 2nd event with smaller rewards, giving points for winning fights with 7s? Or beating 7s? Using them in various game modes? Nope. Just "give us money".

I get this is a business, but this was a miss Kabam.

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    Adevati said:

There was a lot of hype. Kabam hyped it up. We hyped ourselves up. And then all we get is a whale event like we have never seen before. Not even an event where casual spenders or F2P could get some rewards they wanted while heavy spending gets a lot more. It was effectively nothing unless you spend A LOT. Not even a spend $10 and get some decent rewards thing.

So I do have to agree, it was a lost opportunity to make this a memorable event in the game’s history. There could have been so much more done.

Maybe a side quest that only allows 7-stars. Maybe a special arena that has massive points for 7-star champs. Maybe some objective that has a profile pic or title that states, “I got a 7-star champion on release day.” Maybe some objectives that require us to duel a 7-star champion. All of these could just award 6-star shards/stones. Kabam has been throwing those around like candy anyways.

But as it was, I just opened two crystals, got my relic reward I don’t care about, and that was that. Yay?

No one knew about the Solo and Alliance events. Kabam gave us the day we're allowed to open 7*'s and they talked about the quest on Wednesday. Hype from Kabam is not the phrase I'd use. There was a severe lack of information from yesterday.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,778 ★★★★★

Rap said:

4 tiers of players excluded is no kind of hit.
    I would suggest this poor decision is going to result in players walking away. Particularly after watching players in their alliance stacking up 7s and all the goodies from the alliance event.
    Hope that enough money gets spent to hold kabam over cause it may be the last hurrah! Not a good idea to leave out more than 3/4ths of the player base.

Oh look, another reason the game will dye. :| Good lord, every title has been included in the past with events and this one time there's something just for Paragons, everyone will just quit? When will this stop being a reasoning from you all?
    Considering who the poster was, it'll never stop being a reason until the game does eventually die one day.
  • Options

To quote a wise man: "A pond needs its guppies, otherwise there won't be any food for larger fish."

Basically, if there's no F2P community, people won't spend as there's no one to have an advantage over anymore. We'll have to see how many crystals the Shooting Star event gives tomorrow, but I doubt it'll be enough to solve the issue. It's incredibly discouraging to see Kabam give away 4 t6cc selectors and 2 full 7 star crystals for spending when 8.2 100% only gave one full t6cc. I think it's truly a testament to how ludicrous this event is when the thought has crossed my mind to just step out of the rat race. I understand that people who spend need to get some sort of advantage to make the game economically viable, but it's just dumb to see people have triple the amount of r5's as I do, even though I pour hours of my life into this game.

The biggest irony in all of this is that they talked a lot about not making 6 stars completely irrelevant when 7 stars launch, yet have events like this that simply present the same issue, just in a different coat of paint.

So you think anyone who spends money... is doing it to have an advantage over F2P and it's the only reason why they spend?
  • Options
    OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    I'm at 110,000 points, 18k units in hand, then cashed in all my battle chips and confident I'll get those 2 t6cc with some more arena grind and energy dumping in the lower event quests. I was saving for july 4th but went all in here instead.

My only gripe is I'm on 2 t6cc and I don't have a mutant 7* yet!
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Let's wait and see what the special quest will be first. It may give us crystals, shards or units that help with points for the event.

But yes, communication was really lacking, and as usual, in game mails almost non existent. Not to mention the bugs, people missing points, missing crystals, people getting extra 7 star champions out of nowhere, alliance restrictions that were never been mentioned anywhere, (at least it s before AW season starts), it's all a big mess.
  • Options
    TesladonTesladon Posts: 339 ★★
    The last “hit” was either bases or wish crystals, depending on your time zone.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

Rap said:

I would suggest this poor decision is going to result in players walking away. Particularly after watching players in their alliance stacking up 7s and all the goodies from the alliance event.
    Hope that enough money gets spent to hold kabam over cause it may be the last hurrah! Not a good idea to leave out more than 3/4ths of the player base.

Oh look, another reason the game will die. :| Good lord, every title has been included in the past with events and this one time there's something just for Paragons, everyone will just quit? When will this stop being a reasoning from you all?
    Considering who the poster was, it'll never stop being a reason until the game does eventually die one day.
    Yeah... I wanted to say something but I am trying to be better than I used to be lol.
    People here make it hard to keep my mouth shut.
  • Options
    mik1147 said:

Rap said:

to be fair, if you aren't paragon, you don't need 7*.
    If you’re paragon you dont need 7*s either 😂
    To do the quest for tomorrow you do.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★

mik1147 said:

Rap said:

I think one path is open to Paragon players even if they do not have any 7s.
  • Options
    mik1147 said:

Rap said:

hard disagree :/ if you play a little competitively you'll see the importance of 7* already. Plus as Demonzpointed out... you do need 7* for the 7* quest.
  • Options

mik1147 said:

Rap said:

yes... but you need a full team of 5 for exploration.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,346 ★★★★

mik1147 said:

Rap said:

yes... but you need a full team of 5 for exploration.
    You need 5 7*s to explore? Yikes, I ain't dropping enough money to grab my 5th 7*. Shame.

• Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I'm currently taking a break from higher war and AQ while I work on completing content. If I were in my normal alliance level I'd get much better rewards from this event, but since a number of the guys in this alliance aren't paragon, there is no reasonable way for me to get the higher milestones. It's annoying, but oh well.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,346 ★★★★
    Never mind just read up about the shooting stars quests, being permanent is fine. Can do a single run Through and maybe get my 5th 7* hopefully not my 5th science 🙄
  • Options
    Pr0t0t7p3Pr0t0t7p3 Posts: 187
    With the new mantra of “if you ain’t paragon you ain’t worth it” Kabam seems to be banking on the small percentage of whales and paragons and forgetting the majority players who are TB, cavalier, etc. the headlines are filled with companies who catered to the wrong group and they paid for it. Seems Kabam heading down the same path. Expect same results.
  • Options
    Adevati said:

Adevati said:

Adevati said:

There was a lot of hype. Kabam hyped it up. We hyped ourselves up. And then all we get is a whale event like we have never seen before. Not even an event where casual spenders or F2P could get some rewards they wanted while heavy spending gets a lot more. It was effectively nothing unless you spend A LOT. Not even a spend $10 and get some decent rewards thing.

So I do have to agree, it was a lost opportunity to make this a memorable event in the game’s history. There could have been so much more done.

Maybe a side quest that only allows 7-stars. Maybe a special arena that has massive points for 7-star champs. Maybe some objective that has a profile pic or title that states, “I got a 7-star champion on release day.” Maybe some objectives that require us to duel a 7-star champion. All of these could just award 6-star shards/stones. Kabam has been throwing those around like candy anyways.

But as it was, I just opened two crystals, got my relic reward I don’t care about, and that was that. Yay?

Hype from Kabam is not the phrase I'd use. There was a severe lack of information from yesterday.
    They posted hints and teasers of the champ pool on social media.

They had an hour+ long live stream that spent the bulk of the live stream talking exclusively about 7-stars.

There is a sticky banner up top that says: “ 7-Star Launch Day: Summoners! Today is the day! We are expecting today to be our biggest Crystal opening day EVER!” Can you name another event that a banner was placed that did not relate to bugs or game issues?

Posts about 7-stars were popping up on the forums. The crystal opening thread was created more than a day before they released.

So tell me again that this was not hyped and just another run of the mill thing.

7* opening day day was, not the events or anything else that came along with opening 7*'s. Really, it's just a build up from November of last year. We knew we'd be able to open them, we just wanted to know the pool of champs. I would say the hype was built around just the introduction of 7*'s and not really hyping the day we could open them.

There hasn't really been a mass opening like yesterday. We didn't have as many openings with 6*'s. With being able to open Paragon crystals and 7* crystals, the banner was needed.
    I don’t know what you’re trying to argue anymore.

My point is that 5/8 was a significant day in MCOC history. Kabam did a lot of work and communicating about this day.

My argument is that this would be a perfect day to celebrate the community. Or even renew waning interest.

Instead, we just got an event that only catered to big spenders. Zilch for F2P, zilch for casual spenders. For the bulk of the player base, it was just a normal day outside of the 30 seconds it took to open crystals.

I believe it was a missed opportunity for Kabam. I’m not interested in arguing about whether something was hyped or not. Even if it wasn’t hyped, this was still a monumental day for the game that came and went without much interest.
    Everyone gets to participate in the alliance and solo events. If you had one 7* to open, you get points and you can get some easy tiers in the events.

Even so, why can't they celebrate spenders? Every event in this game is built for all different players but this one time when spenders have a bigger advantage, it's a problem? There's 2 big spend events a year with many of non spend events in-between. Let them have this. They keep this game running.