**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Paragon Crystal Drop Rate Sus

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

gohard123 said:

The crystals arent rigged. We have proven time and time again that the numbers are the same. We've done it with blade featured crystals, we've done it with sparky featured crystals, we've done it for even those supreme solo crystals. The numbers come out the same, not rigged

Dude the whole reason that people are arguing about drop rates is that you can't prove it they are right or wrong either way from such small sample sizes. The only viable possibility would be for kabam to release the data on the number of 7 stars pulled and the total number of crystals opened, and judging from all the connection issues and server problems with disappearing crystals, we couldn't even be sure those were accurate.
    No, its ONLY people can't prove they wrong. If you can't prove they are wrong, then it only stands that they are what Kabam says they are.
    If you actually read my post properly, you might understand that I'm not saying the drop rates are incorrect, Im simply saying we will never know unless kabam release the data. But what you've just said is ridiculous, "that we should just assume Kabam are correct." Kabam have been wrong many times before and admitted it. Not infrequently is compensation given out because crystal drop rates are wrong and the idea of blindly trusting anything or anyone is a ridiculous notion. Saying if someone can't be disproven then you should trust that it's correct is not a good way of thinking at all.
    They have released the data. Legally, they are liable if what they post in accordance with their contract with Apple and Google is deceptive. Although they provided it willingly when the platforms added the clause to their partnership.
    You are always going to have people who won't believe them no matter what they post. People either believe them, or they don't. Those who don't are simply looking for confirmation bias, and there's scarce little you can to to convince them otherwise.
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

gohard123 said:

The crystals arent rigged. We have proven time and time again that the numbers are the same. We've done it with blade featured crystals, we've done it with sparky featured crystals, we've done it for even those supreme solo crystals. The numbers come out the same, not rigged

Dude the whole reason that people are arguing about drop rates is that you can't prove it they are right or wrong either way from such small sample sizes. The only viable possibility would be for kabam to release the data on the number of 7 stars pulled and the total number of crystals opened, and judging from all the connection issues and server problems with disappearing crystals, we couldn't even be sure those were accurate.
    No, its ONLY people can't prove they wrong. If you can't prove they are wrong, then it only stands that they are what Kabam says they are.
    If you actually read my post properly, you might understand that I'm not saying the drop rates are incorrect, Im simply saying we will never know unless kabam release the data. But what you've just said is ridiculous, "that we should just assume Kabam are correct." Kabam have been wrong many times before and admitted it. Not infrequently is compensation given out because crystal drop rates are wrong and the idea of blindly trusting anything or anyone is a ridiculous notion. Saying if someone can't be disproven then you should trust that it's correct is not a good way of thinking at all.
    They have released the data. Legally, they are liable if what they post in accordance with their contract with Apple and Google is deceptive. Although they provided it willingly when the platforms added the clause to their partnership.
    You are always going to have people who won't believe them no matter what they post. People either believe them, or they don't. Those who don't are simply looking for confirmation bias, and there's scarce little you can to to convince them otherwise.
    @GroundedWisdom where can I see the data for the number of paragon crystals opened and the number of 7 stars pulled from them?
  • Options
    Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

gohard123 said:

JFC... comp was given because the wrong SET or drop rates were assigned to crystals. Not because the actual drop rates were wrong. It wasn't that the drop rates were 5% and it was happening at 3%. It was that Cav crystals were being given normal drop rates instead of the featured drop rates.

People have had 9 years to show that drop rates aren't what Kabam says they are and not a single person has ever shown that. Ever. So what does that tell you? How is 9 years of the community being consistently wrong about drop rates being rigged or not what are displayed proof enough that they are what is labeled on the crystals?

Do you question whether grass is really green because people tell you it's green?
    You're joking right? Are you SERIOUSLY saying that something must be true if it can't be disproven???? It is IMPOSSIBLE to prove the drop rates are either correct or incorrect with incomplete data/a small sample size. Is your understanding of basic statistics so poor that you don't understand that the only way of determining if the drop rates are likely to be correct is if kabam released the complete data on the number of 7 stars pulled and number of paragon crystals openened, and even then we cannot know for absolute certain, but get an estimate of whether it is likely to be true or not.

Of course I don't question if the grass is green, because I can see that it is. Your argument on the other hand is absolutely moronic. From what you are saying then I would assume you believe that Last Thursdayism must be true since it is an unfalsifiable hypothesis. Even though, via Occam's razor, it would make sense that this is not the case.
    Actually, before they were posted, @DNA3000 had been collecting data on the PHC results for some time, and his findings were in tandem with what they posted. You need a much larger sample size than one Player's pulls.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    There’s a 1/32768 this happens on a set of 15. Considering the sheer number of sets of 15 that have been opened, it’s entirely plausible this happens to some people. When they catch it, they come here.

Sorry.
  • Options
    Jmille85Jmille85 Posts: 101
    I have only gotten 1 6* no 7* out of probably 20 paragon crystals… there is something definitely off with the drop rate…
  • Options

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

gohard123 said:

JFC... comp was given because the wrong SET or drop rates were assigned to crystals. Not because the actual drop rates were wrong. It wasn't that the drop rates were 5% and it was happening at 3%. It was that Cav crystals were being given normal drop rates instead of the featured drop rates.

People have had 9 years to show that drop rates aren't what Kabam says they are and not a single person has ever shown that. Ever. So what does that tell you? How is 9 years of the community being consistently wrong about drop rates being rigged or not what are displayed proof enough that they are what is labeled on the crystals?

Do you question whether grass is really green because people tell you it's green?
    You're joking right? Are you SERIOUSLY saying that something must be true if it can't be disproven???? It is IMPOSSIBLE to prove the drop rates are either correct or incorrect with incomplete data/a small sample size. Is your understanding of basic statistics so poor that you don't understand that the only way of determining if the drop rates are likely to be correct is if kabam released the complete data on the number of 7 stars pulled and number of paragon crystals openened, and even then we cannot know for absolute certain, but get an estimate of whether it is likely to be true or not.

Of course I don't question if the grass is green, because I can see that it is. Your argument on the other hand is absolutely moronic. From what you are saying then I would assume you believe that Last Thursdayism must be true since it is an unfalsifiable hypothesis. Even though, via Occam's razor, it would make sense that this is not the case.
    Actually, before they were posted, @DNA3000 had been collecting data on the PHC results for some time, and his findings were in tandem with what they posted. You need a much larger sample size than one Player's pulls.
    That's exactly what I've been saying but demonzfyre can't understand it for some reason. The drop rates for PHCs are likely to be correct based off DNA 3000s experiment if he opened a large enough sample size, but ofc we need a more complete data set (larger and from a wider range of accounts) to know for sure.
  • Options
    Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

gohard123 said:

@GroundedWisdom where can I see the data for the number of paragon crystals opened and the number of 7 stars pulled from them?
    You could start an independent research if you wanted to, asking people to volunteer their results, then amalgamate the information.
  • Options

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

gohard123 said:

You could start an independent research if you wanted to, asking people to volunteer their results, then amalgamate the information.
    Yes but I couldn't be sure that there wasn't a bias if I did do this.

For example if I post and ask for people to volunteer I may get a larger proportion of people who are frustrated (posting on the forums as we have just seen lol) and wanting to share their bad luck with me and end up with a lot of data sets at 0/200 for example which would not be accurate. Equally I might get mainly people who get lucky maybe getting 1 7 star from 10 or 2 from 30 or something and end up with a higher drop rate than expected.

So basically I could not be sure that the data I used was actually representative of the mean. And I don't want to accuse Kabam of lower drop rates than stated when there may be a bias, or vice versa. Hence the best way by far to experimentally verify these drop rates is for kabam to release the data.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    edited May 2023
    Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

gohard123 said:

You can see the drop rates posted on the crystals and you refuse to believe they are correct. 🤷
    Jesus Christ I don't know how I can get through to you. Let me put it in caps for you so maybe you can understand: I NEVER SAID THAT THE DROP RATES ARE INCORRECT. There! Maybe you'll get it now. I simply said we cannot know for sure either way.

By the way your arguments are ridiculous and you're reasoning doesn't make sense to anyone with a modicum of intelligence. Go back and read our posts and hopefully you might see that I did not say that I "refused to believe Kabam's drop rates were incorrect". Not even once.

You on the other hand have said multiple times that: because you cannot disprove something, you must accept it as correct. I illustrated the downfall with this kind of thought process with my example of Last Thursdayism but you seem not to have understood it.

As well as this you have said that direct quote "probability doesn't matter when opening crystals". This is just plain incorrect and a stupid thing to say.
    Saying you can't know they are correct or incorrect is the same as saying they aren't correct. It means you don't believe they are correct.

I don't know what Last Thursdayism is. I only know about 2nd Fridayism and 19th Mondayisms.

Ive never heard of Occam's Razor but I own Bic and Harry's and trust they are good razors.
  • Options
    Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

gohard123 said:

You can see the drop rates posted on the crystals and you refuse to believe they are correct. 🤷
    Jesus Christ I don't know how I can get through to you. Let me put it in caps for you so maybe you can understand: I NEVER SAID THAT THE DROP RATES ARE INCORRECT. There! Maybe you'll get it now. I simply said we cannot know for sure either way.

By the way your arguments are ridiculous and you're reasoning doesn't make sense to anyone with a modicum of intelligence. Go back and read our posts and hopefully you might see that I did not say that I "refused to believe Kabam's drop rates were incorrect". Not even once.

You on the other hand have said multiple times that: because you cannot disprove something, you must accept it as correct. I illustrated the downfall with this kind of thought process with my example of Last Thursdayism but you seem not to have understood it.

As well as this you have said that direct quote "probability doesn't matter when opening crystals". This is just plain incorrect and a stupid thing to say.
    Saying you can't know they are correct or incorrect is the same as saying they aren't correct. It means you don't believe they are correct.
    I usually enjoy debates but this is just idiocy. Saying that it is impossible to determine if the drop rates are correct or not from a small sample size is ABSOLUTELY NOT the same as saying that the drop rates are incorrect. And if you really believe that they are then you have an extremely poor grasp of English.

If you don't understand my examples or what I'm saying then go do some research. You clearly have access to the internet as you are posting on this forum! Go do some research and stop blindly disagreeing with me and making yourself look like even more of a fool.
    You would be right if Kabam didn't post drop rates and having to rely on data to determine what those rates would be. They post them on the crystals yet you're saying you can't prove they're right because you don't have enough data.

You can see grass is green. Officials have told you grass is green. You don't question whether grass is green. Yet there are people out there that will tell you grass is green because you're conditioned to believe it's green. But you still, without a doubt believe it's green.

Somehow, even though drop rates are displayed for you to see what they are and no matter the data that we've seen over the years since they have been displayed, you still can't say those rates are correct or incorrect but you're in the middle because..... Reasons?
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

gohard123 said:

I usually enjoy debates but this is just idiocy. Saying that it is impossible to determine if the drop rates are correct or not from a small sample size is ABSOLUTELY NOT the same as saying that the drop rates are incorrect. And if you really believe that they are then you have an extremely poor grasp of English.

If you don't understand my examples or what I'm saying then go do some research. You clearly have access to the internet as you are posting on this forum! Go do some research and stop blindly disagreeing with me and making yourself look like even more of a fool.
    You would be right if Kabam didn't post drop rates and having to rely on data to determine what those rates would be. They post them on the crystals yet you're saying you can't prove they're right because you don't have enough data.

You can see grass is green. Officials have told you grass is green. You don't question whether grass is green. Yet there are people out there that will tell you grass is green because you're conditioned to believe it's green. But you still, without a doubt believe it's green.

Somehow, even though drop rates are displayed for you to see what they are and no matter the data that we've seen over the years since they have been displayed, you still can't say those rates are correct or incorrect but you're in the middle because..... Reasons?
    I always think back to people who say the world is flat, despite the fact we’ve had evidence for nearly 2500 years of it being somewhat spherical.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

gohard123 said:

I always think back to people who say the world is flat, despite the fact we’ve had evidence for nearly 2500 years of it being somewhat spherical.
    Exactly. Flat Earthers always need more data to prove it's flat and never come up with it.
  • Options
    Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

gohard123 said:

For example if I post and ask for people to volunteer I may get a larger proportion of people who are frustrated (posting on the forums as we have just seen lol) and wanting to share their bad luck with me and end up with a lot of data sets at 0/200 for example which would not be accurate. Equally I might get mainly people who get lucky maybe getting 1 7 star from 10 or 2 from 30 or something and end up with a higher drop rate than expected.

So basically I could not be sure that the data I used was actually representative of the mean. And I don't want to accuse Kabam of lower drop rates than stated when there may be a bias, or vice versa. Hence the best way by far to experimentally verify these drop rates is for kabam to release the data.
    That's why you would use a number of outlets. The Forum isn't the only social network to discuss the game.
  • Options

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

gohard123 said:

Ok let me answer your points.

Firstly, your grass is green analogy is not at all representative of our discussion. That is a fact we can verify, no one needs to tell me that this is the case for me to believe that it is true. Go look up my example which is much more indicative of what we are debating which is basically how do we know the drop rates are correct? And basically we cannot. There is no way to prove they are correct and no way to prove they are incorrect. The best we can do is get a non biased sample and then say there is an X% chance the drop rates are correct within a certain boundary. This is called a binomial distribution. Go look it up and see for yourself.

Secondly, you have not addressed any of my previous points and simply ignored them and hit disagree. What about when you said probability has nothing to do with opening crystals and I responded to that and you ignored it. Same with my valid point of saying that just because there is no way to disprove something, doesn't mean that you should believe it. And there are examples of this all over the place as I illustrated earlier but you failed to respond to. Your grass example does not make sense at all because I can prove that grass is not red or blue or whatever. It's simply a completely different argument and not at all what representative of what I am saying.

Finally, we can both agree that the drop rates on the crystal claim there is a 1% chance of getting a 7 star. Now I am not saying that the chance of this happening is any more than 1% or any less than 1%. All I am simply saying is that we cannot know if they are correct. We can do estimations ourselves but they maybe be subject to biases as I explained earlier and we may end up with a higher or lower estimated drop rate. It's entirely plausible that we end up with a 0.8% or 1.1% drop rate for example. ALL I AM SAYING is that to get the most accurate estimate kabam themselves would have to release the data and we could calculate the percentage chance someone got a 7 star. It may well be 1% and that's fine.

I've explained myself well enough for most intelligent people to comprehend my arguments, meanwhile you simply ignore my points and also say ludicrous things and seem not to understand the importance of maths and probability when opening crystals. The crux of your point is that kabam have given us probabilities and there is no way for us to prove them wrong, therefore we must believe them. I am simply explaining to you the fallacy of that argument.
  • Options
    edited May 2023

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

gohard123 said:

That's why you would use a number of outlets. The Forum isn't the only social network to discuss the game.
    I 100% agree but even if I use youtube and reddit too, it's entirely possible that majority of my data sets do not represent the mean. It could be that the vast majority of people average 1/100 7 stars but those are mainly the ones that don't respond to me.
  • Options

The last 15 Paragon crystals I've opened were all 4 stars. Popped them all in these increments, at different times, and two different days: 2,2,3,3,1,4. All 4*. Yes, I know how rng works, but that's pretty unlikely. Maybe I'm just incredibly unlucky..

You are unlucky. Thats how RNG works.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

gohard123 said:

The problem here is you are using demonzfyre's example which is not all what Im saying.

Why am I not a flat earther? Because I can disprove that the earth is flat. And in fact many experiments that flat earthers have used to try and prove the earth is flat have irrefutably proved just the opposite! What we are discussing is probability which is completely different. There is no range of results you can get here. The only result is that the earth is not flat.

Thus this flat earth or grass analogy is absolutely not relevant to my point at all. Demonzfyre has failed to say anything of any real significance to our discussion, simply citing incorrect examples and making assumptions that aren't true, such as him saying I am saying Kabam's drop rates are wrong which is NOT true and I have no said anything even close to that once!
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

gohard123 said:

Ok let me answer your points.

Firstly, your grass is green analogy is not at all representative of our discussion. That is a fact we can verify, no one needs to tell me that this is the case for me to believe that it is true. Go look up my example which is much more indicative of what we are debating which is basically how do we know the drop rates are correct? And basically we cannot. There is no way to prove they are correct and no way to prove they are incorrect. The best we can do is get a non biased sample and then say there is an X% chance the drop rates are correct within a certain boundary. This is called a binomial distribution. Go look it up and see for yourself.

Secondly, you have not addressed any of my previous points and simply ignored them and hit disagree. What about when you said probability has nothing to do with opening crystals and I responded to that and you ignored it. Same with my valid point of saying that just because there is no way to disprove something, doesn't mean that you should believe it. And there are examples of this all over the place as I illustrated earlier but you failed to respond to. Your grass example does not make sense at all because I can prove that grass is not red or blue or whatever. It's simply a completely different argument and not at all what representative of what I am saying.

Finally, we can both agree that the drop rates on the crystal claim there is a 1% chance of getting a 7 star. Now I am not saying that the chance of this happening is any more than 1% or any less than 1%. All I am simply saying is that we cannot know if they are correct. We can do estimations ourselves but they maybe be subject to biases as I explained earlier and we may end up with a higher or lower estimated drop rate. It's entirely plausible that we end up with a 0.8% or 1.1% drop rate for example. ALL I AM SAYING is that to get the most accurate estimate kabam themselves would have to release the data and we could calculate the percentage chance someone got a 7 star. It may well be 1% and that's fine.

I've explained myself well enough for most intelligent people to comprehend my arguments, meanwhile you simply ignore my points and also say ludicrous things and seem not to understand the importance of maths and probability when opening crystals. The crux of your point is that kabam have given us probabilities and there is no way for us to prove them wrong, therefore we must believe them. I am simply explaining to you the fallacy of that argument.
    I don't use any of the reaction buttons. Sorry to burst your bubble but it's not me hitting the disagree button. If I disagree with someone, I'm not afraid to use words instead of pressing a button and thinking how great that action was.

There is no "claiming" drop rates are 1% for a 7*. Those ARE the drop rates until someone can prove they aren't. End of story.

As stated in this thread and many, many times in the past, Kabam isn't going to risk getting sued by anyone in the community or risk getting their game removed from the Play Store or Apple App store by posting drop rates and and then changing them in the background. It's just stupid to even think that would be something that's an option.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,219 ★★★★★
    Why do you have to drag the thread.
    Just post the official screenshot of RNG and Drop rate. People stop responding after reading it. I still don't know where to find it else I would post it.
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,189 ★★★★

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

gohard123 said:

It's impossible to prove that life outside Earth exists?
    Does that mean it does not exist?
    Maybe... Maybe not
    But we will never know unless we actually see life Outside Earth
    Similarly people will never know if the Crystals are actually rigged or not unless Kabam themselves confirms it or shows how the system generates which champion we will receive

It's impossible to prove that temperature of Sun is what scientists say it is because we will die before measuring it ourselves
  • Options
    Milan1405 said:

Why am I not a flat earther? Because I can disprove that the earth is flat.

But you cant prove that drop rates are different than what is posted yet you can't believe they are correct without Kabam providing data.

If you won't believe they are what Kabam says they are, why would you believe that data they provide?

Contradiction must be your middle name.
  • Options

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

gohard123 said:

Maybe... Maybe not
    Similarly people will never know if the Crystals are actually rigged or not unless Kabam themselves confirms it or shows how the system generates which champion we will receive

It's impossible to prove that temperature of Sun is what scientists say it is because we will die before measuring it ourselves
    🤦

Good lord... You WOULD be right if Kabam verbally tells you that drop rates are "X". Then you could say you have doubt they aren't.

Kabam posting the drop rates is them CONFIRMING those drop rates. They are not legally liable if they are .000001% off.
  • Options
    Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

gohard123 said:

Don't bother yourself dude
    It's a futile argument
    Cheers, your last post is exactly the point Im making. I dont get why this guys doesn't understand it for some reason
    Also, all MODs have confirmed drop rates are what are posted. Why isn't that good enough?
  • Options
    Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

gohard123 said:

Maybe... Maybe not

🤦

Good lord... You WOULD be right if Kabam verbally tells you that drop rates are "X". Then you could say you have doubt they aren't.

Kabam posting the drop rates is them CONFIRMING those drop rates. They are not legally liable if they are .000001% off.
    Not at all. I have no doubt that the drop rates are not significantly different from 1%. Hence kabam cannot get sued since there would be no way for a player to prove the drop rates were not 1%. I can't believe you still don't understand this even though multiple people have tried explaining it to you.
    Oh look, it's Mr Contradiction.
  • Options

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

gohard123 said:

Don't bother yourself dude
    It's a futile argument
    Cheers, your last post is exactly the point Im making. I dont get why this guys doesn't understand it for some reason
    Also, all MODs have confirmed drop rates are what are posted. Why isn't that good enough?
    It's still a claim by definition. That's not proof nor evidence. Unlike your incorrect analogy of the grass being green which is a fact and is not up for debate. You seem to continually be under the impression that I'm saying the drop rates are not 1% which is not all what I've been saying. I have refuted all of your points (whether you acknowldge it or not) while you have not addressed many of mine.
This discussion has been closed.