Options

Onto the Grandmaster!!

Luke9523Luke9523 Posts: 907 ★★★
edited May 2023 in Strategy and Tips
I had been putting off trying to become Thronebreaker for such a long time. I really struggled to get to Cavalier and struggled even more through Act 6.2. (About 2 years ago!)
So, ever since then, I haven't even attempted 6.3 or 6.4. I thought my skill level just wasn't good enough and resigned myself to my top level being a Cavalier player forever, as I still enjoy just generally playing the game without doing story mode.

With the lengthy gap between wars, I figured I'd give it a bash for some extra content to do, and I've managed to blast all the way through to 6.4.6! Used a couple of potions and revives, but no units needed!! So I'm mega happy about that! (Huge shout-out to MCOC NOOB on YouTube for the path and node info, that helped out a great deal!)

I'm now watching loads of videos about The Grandmaster fight, and I'm actually quite looking forward to giving it a go. I'm going to share my roster for each class below, please give me any recommendations for good champs to use/and what paths to take, as I know this won't be easy! I have 4k units saved up for this, so I'm sure that should be enough. Any tips or info would be HUGELY appreciated. Thanks all!!

Comments

• Options
    ErmanHarith0802ErmanHarith0802 Posts: 49
    That Professor X could come in handy if you're not too well-versed in playing against reversed controls
  • Options
    BadahBadah Posts: 249 ★★
    edited May 2023
    Doom and Claire for the cosmic path, prof X for the reverse controls, someone with lots of damage like Colossus or Hyperion … and Heimdal to save a few revives. You can do it!
  • Options

That Professor X could come in handy if you're not too well-versed in playing against reversed controls

I am DEFINITELY not well-versed against reverse controls. It always throws me. I'll definitely bring Prof X!! 👍🏻👍🏻
    Badah said:

Doom and Claire for the cosmic path, prof X for the reverse controls, someone with lots of damage like Colossus or Hyperion … and Heimdal to save a few revives. You can do it!

Brill, thanks for the advice. I'll probably have a few practise runs through and see how I get on without using units. Once I get used to fighting him, I'll go all out.
  • Options
    LeoZedLeoZed Posts: 653 ★★★
    Did you get him?
  • Options
    LeoZed said:

Did you get him?

I did indeed! Took a lot of potions and a few revives, but I did it! Onto Act 7!

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/335897/finally-beat-the-grandmaster#latest
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,242 ★★★★★
    Congrats!!! Honestly, the rest of story content is easier than the GM. Keep on going.
  • Options

Congrats!!! Honestly, the rest of story content is easier than the GM. Keep on going.

Thanks! 😁👍🏻
    I was in 2 minds wether to try and 100% Act 6, or do my first run through of Act 7. I'm leaning more towards Act 7 for the better rewards and taking much less time.
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,122 ★★★★
    Luke9523 said:

Thanks! 😁👍🏻
    I was in 2 minds wether to try and 100% Act 6, or do my first run through of Act 7. I'm leaning more towards Act 7 for the better rewards and taking much less time.
    Ignore act 6 and never look back. There's nothing of value in it now. Act 7 100%, act 8.1 and 8.2 are so much better. Hell, monthly TB EQ is close to 100% act 6 in value. Get cracking on act 7 and work towards paragon!
  • Options

Luke9523 said:

Thanks! 😁👍🏻
    Ignore act 6 and never look back. There's nothing of value in it now. Act 7 100%, act 8.1 and 8.2 are so much better. Hell, monthly TB EQ is close to 100% act 6 in value. Get cracking on act 7 and work towards paragon!
    Thanks. I've been doing the monthly quests at all 5 threat levels and managing to complete it without using any revives or potions at the highest level. So I'm pretty confident I can give Act 7 a good go.
    I have absolutely no desire to go through Act 6 again (although I do love seeing the boxes say 100%, haha)
  • Options
    MaxyMaxy Posts: 45
    congrats
  • Options
    Thanks 👍👍