**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I despise mantis

Comments

• Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,412 ★★★★★

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

Kitty works

Nah dude I have gotten intercepted with 30k Crits
    You’re phasing wrong…
    I can't phase if I get intercepted the second I try to hit...
    Then you're trying to hit wrong
    This
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    Which boss are we talking about now?
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 766 ★★★★
    White mags prefight helps. I did ok with doom until I learned the fight. Then I was able to solo her with 7* gamora. Just have to keep pushing her to her SP2. Relic striker can help a lot with that. If she gets aggressive and just starts launching sp1s as soon as her bar is full you’re in trouble though.
  • Options
    XSquadXSquad Posts: 147 ★★
    use mantis...
  • Options
    AshyKnucklesAshyKnuckles Posts: 132
    I just use Doom and did the Doom rotation.. After a few SP2's the fight was done..
  • Options
    OrtounOrtoun Posts: 563 ★★★
    I think mantis had Bob and weave when she was in the eq, and Maw cheeses everyone but science with that node
  • Options
    Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 974 ★★★★
    edited May 2023
    Why do the debuffs refresh every 5s but last for 10s each. I swear I'm special locked like half the time. Try to time special for sleep, nope get special locked instead. Also the fact that timing the sp3 for sleep does nothing.

Like the dude above me said, the more I do it, the more I hate this fight. Doesn't help that u need to do it 5 times on each difficulty for exploration.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    edited May 2023
    Maybe I'm used to just blitzing this kind of quest but man, I did not enjoy it at all.

Rewards for all 4 weeks make up for a bit of pain and I haven't really used much in the way of revives so far but being special locked while needing to throw a special to avoid being put to sleep and comboed to death is a nasty combination.
  • Options
    birdnthebushbirdnthebush Posts: 6
    I just made run took left side(mojo) with r4 6* Claire and og Guill 5*void(used for sinister) 6*torch and 6*white mag.
    I applied prefight on mantis with mags and White mag killed it. Rotate sp1 and 2(sp2 high dmg) she will shrug the armor break but it’s to bipass the node(can’t use same special b2b)
    His helmet may help but I havnt looked into it. This was first post I have tried to find another counter myself
  • Options
    CassyCassy Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Fight her like stunimmune.
    I used Nimrod, Apoc, shang chi and Kang.
    With Kang it's the most fun.

And like the other guys said. Strikers are key to have a smooth fight.
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,309 ★★★★
    edited May 2023
    Push her to special 2 (sp2).. its easier to dex.. each time week 3 Mantis boss use her special1 (sp1), she inflict sleep timer.. also if im power lock I try to back off and use heavy attack (even if am hitting air) the lock seems to disappear (am not sure if this is the correct way to remove the lock.. can someone please confirm or disprove), afterwich I try to time using sp1 or sp2; if and when the sleep timer is about to expire.. what I don't like is getting rooted.. and easily combo if I'm trying to dex her while sleep timer expires.. now I'm rooted and stunned.. Week 3 Mantis boss, charges her heavy for fury stacks and she uses her sp2.. I wish my 7* Mantis had some of the node abilities in her kit.. as she is now, great against science and ok vs other class (not vs mutant)..
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,188 ★★★★
    If you time your striker correctly you can avoid getting hit when sleep
    Use striker just when the sleep timer is about to end and the stun from striker lasts long enough to let the sleep stun expire
    I think Doom and Hyperion would be great option
  • Options
    Scratchmaster23Scratchmaster23 Posts: 165 ★★
    The powerlock length seems too long, almost half the sleep timer, is that right? Also, how comes the sleep timer doesn't dissappear like it supposed to when firing an sp, that on top of sp3 doing no damage at all is a joke but thats happening in all content not just this fight.
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    OG Storm works well
    Bishop also does well but Storm finishes it quicker
    And America Chavez also works but the fights gets pretty long
  • Options
    GogiGogi Posts: 440 ★★★
    As many have mentioned Storm (both) and bishop made that fight a joke. Or take the long fight bait heavy's and push to sp2.
  • Options
    SmallTimeANTSmallTimeANT Posts: 216
    I used cgr for the first three runs and kitty for the other two. Cgr just out damaged the nodes before they kicked in
  • Options
    Scratchmaster23Scratchmaster23 Posts: 165 ★★
    A question for all that are saying that its an ez kill with bish, both storms etc etc, are u still able to parry when needed and does the sleep timer go when u fire an sp, or do u still get rooted when not even in striking distance? Its not an attack on anyone its just questions I have as controls are so off in almost all content 😕
  • Options
    I have seen that if I do m l l l block combo
    Then she heavies
    Hopefully it helps you all
  • Options

A question for all that are saying that its an ez kill with bish, both storms etc etc, are u still able to parry when needed and does the sleep timer go when u fire an sp, or do u still get rooted when not even in striking distance? Its not an attack on anyone its just questions I have as controls are so off in almost all content 😕

Idk if it goes or not but you don't get stunned if the timer expires during special
    You get rooted only when you are close to her
    Don't parry
    Just don't parry
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★

For me, I haven't had the parry or stun issues.
    https://youtu.be/Krc0jDwDC7Q
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    Kitty with Wolverine and Tigra synergies made this fight humorously easy. 20 prowess SP3, then 20 prowess SP2 with 300+ prowess potency. Even with the 0 dmg SP3 bug, a single SP2 kills her off.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited May 2023
    I agree that the node is BS but Domino destroys her. Didn't think of the rewriting encroaching stun to stop Herc but you are probably right.
  • Options
    Eternity0Eternity0 Posts: 107 ★★
    Im gonna just say Don't make the wong type mistake. Bait sp2 from mantis not sp1. One sp1 sp2 with herc pretty much nukes her.
  • Options
    birdnthebushbirdnthebush Posts: 6
    edited May 2023
    I didn’t use storm or bishop cause I don’t have em lol but White mags prefight is legit for her. It’s a non issue with parry. bait sp2.

• Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,312 ★★★★★
    Use bishop with his synergies for 2 bars of power at the beginning of the fight. At Max, 2 sp2s with Max perma porwess beat mantis