Options

The perfect way to annoy players

KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,745 ★★★★★
Protection.

Is it challenge? No.
Is it fun? No.

100% pure annoyance. It won't make fights hard, challenging or engaging. Just makes them longer, more boring and more of a chore to do.

Please stop it.

Take it with a pinch of salt, but seriously now: does there need to be Protection node everywhere? Especially the SQ, I mean this is the swcomd week when 40% paths have protection. C'mon now, there are so many ways to design a creative challenge, overusing one annoying node is the laziest thing! Heck even DNGG is more fun that this...

So yea, rant over I guess, thanks for reading. Honestly, this node is so annoying that I haven't been able to do the path this week yet. Not bcs of skill, I always turn the game on, start the quest, read the nodes, see protection again and I just can't bring myself to play with that **** node. I've had enough of it, I'm overfed with protection and getting more and more of it makes it drip everywhere like in some MeatCanyon story.

Comments

• Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,745 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

It's a node.
    You need to play around it. It's easy.

Although I do agree, spamming protection everywhere isn't a fun way to increase "difficulty".

I don't think Protection is a completely bad idea, and stuff like Aegis intercept (which are similar to protection) CAN be fun to play around. But as you say, it's more about the quantity.
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,388 ★★★★★
    Mystic quest , SQ , not sure if BG ever had that node but won't be surprised if it gets announced .

This sure is a cheap way to increase the fight time with peasent rewards . I think the creative team should themselves try to play such nodes and then decide for others .
  • Options
    Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    *Max sig Thing wants to know your location*
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,211 ★★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

Mystic quest , SQ , not sure if BG ever had that node but won't be surprised if it gets announced .

This sure is a cheap way to increase the fight time with peasent rewards . I think the creative team should themselves try to play such nodes and then decide for others .

I don’t know if I’d say they’re peasants rewards though.
  • Options
    Ansh_AAnsh_A Posts: 507 ★★★
    If not protection then unblockable.

Kabam seems to be using all creative juices in their new champions and run out of ideas by the time they reach nodes.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,805 ★★★★★
    Ansh_A said:

If not protection then unblockable.

Kabam seems to be using all creative juices in their new champions and run out of ideas by the time they reach nodes.

Don't forget unstoppable too lol.
  • Options
    TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    It's not hard but I agree it's one of the annoying things that for some reason I'm seeing quite often lately
  • Options
    007Bishop007Bishop Posts: 363 ★★★
    I do not understand what's so hard about protection nodes? The only time it does get annoying is when there's another node that makes getting rid of the protection difficult i.e. protection knockdown with stun immunity or any node that punishes parrying. Yeah, you can bait heavies but that's gonna involve a lot of block damage if the AI isn't throwing heavies. But overall protection nodes are fine. Are they boring? Yes. But am I against them? Nah
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    Kerneas said:

Protection.

Is it challenge? No.
    Is it fun? No.

100% pure annoyance. It won't make fights hard, challenging or engaging. Just makes them longer, more boring and more of a chore to do.

Please stop it.

Take it with a pinch of salt, but seriously now: does there need to be Protection node everywhere? Especially the SQ, I mean this is the swcomd week when 40% paths have protection. C'mon now, there are so many ways to design a creative challenge, overusing one annoying node is the laziest thing! Heck even DNGG is more fun that this...

So yea, rant over I guess, thanks for reading. Honestly, this node is so annoying that I haven't been able to do the path this week yet. Not bcs of skill, I always turn the game on, start the quest, read the nodes, see protection again and I just can't bring myself to play with that **** node. I've had enough of it, I'm overfed with protection and getting more and more of it makes it drip everywhere like in some MeatCanyon story.

It's honestly just not that bad. We have so many ways of countering them. Of course it's not fun, but to act like it's any major intrusion is just dramatic.
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,752 ★★★★★
    Most annoying one is the node where you need to knock them down to remove protection but then they become immune to debuffs. Super annoying.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

Terra said:

It's a node.
    You need to play around it. It's easy.

Although I do agree, spamming protection everywhere isn't a fun way to increase "difficulty".

I don't think Protection is a completely bad idea, and stuff like Aegis intercept (which are similar to protection) CAN be fun to play around. But as you say, it's more about the quantity.
    Not similar at all, aegis requires skill. Protection requires time which is annoying. Who wants to spend 15 mins doing 4 fights lol.

It’s not hard at all at least Aegis requires a little skill by needing to intercept X times or heavy X times. Protection requires you to do something and then give you a dumb timer till you have to do it again. Worst part is this AI has been super passive. I spent my whole timer once trying to bait a special, ended getting cornered from all the baiting I did. If the AI wasn’t passive half the people wouldn’t complain about protection.
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,193 ★★★★
    007Bishop said:

I do not understand what's so hard about protection nodes? The only time it does get annoying is when there's another node that makes getting rid of the protection difficult i.e. protection knockdown with stun immunity or any node that punishes parrying. Yeah, you can bait heavies but that's gonna involve a lot of block damage if the AI isn't throwing heavies. But overall protection nodes are fine. Are they boring? Yes. But am I against them? Nah

Dude it's not annoying it just feels boring and irritating
    The node of mantis is quite good and I would actually prefer it over the purple shield which becomes grey when I use heavy