So this means Titan shards gonna be in 4th of July offers??

2»

Comments

• Darklord60Darklord60 Member Posts: 33
    Titan crystal's drop 99.9% 7* shard or .1% 7* hero
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian
    Ghost_Fan said:

The game is indeed dying but slowly. At least the YouTube aspect of the game. That's what they probably try to revive with these livestreams. If you don't believe me, go look at all the YouTube videos and how many views they get (unless it's a crystal opening of course, that adrenaline keeps bringing people back).

Lets.

I'll try to pick a cross section of the channels I'm familiar with and see how their views look over time using SocialBlade. We'll start with Brian, aka ContestChampion (because I just happened to be thinking about one of his videos at the moment):

Brian has downshifted in the game in the past year or two, so it isn't surprising that his views have trended downward slightly. But we'll note that as the first data point. Let's pick someone completely different in terms of content and probably audience: Prof Hoff.

Hmm, also what I would call a moderate downward trend. Maybe there is something there. Let's try another popular YouTuber and also someone with completely different content, RichTheMan:

I would say this is more horizontal than anything else: it bounces up and down, but there's no obvious trend downward. Maybe he's the exception. Let's try another completely different Youtuber (in terms of types of videos), KT1:

Also bounces up and down pseudo-cyclically, but I see no downward trend here. If anything, the trend is slightly upward over time. How about we pick a Youtuber who has a connection to Kabam, say KarateMike, see if that makes a difference:

Also a slight upward trend. And significantly, his upward trend predates doing content work for Kabam (as far as I know). Not the biggest Youtuber out there, but solid and consistent views. But all of these are well-established youtubers with pretty large followings. How about we pick someone still ramping up subscriber base, see how they are doing:

MSD seems to be doing okay in terms of growing his channel.

Overall, I do not see an obvious downward trend in Youtube views in this cross section of YouTubers. Some up some down some steady. The view data does not support the contention that MCOC YouTube interest is "dying slowly." If it is, it is slow enough to be statistically unnoticeable in the view data of the last few years.

Now, it is true that Kabam is trying to ramp up its community outreach and interactions, but that's something they've been talking about doing internally for a long time. They've only gotten around to it now, because that's when the people and resources have come together to do it. No matter when they started doing this, people would always be focused on why that particular moment in time. If every moment in time looks equally suspicious, none of them actually are.
  • Ghost_FanGhost_Fan Member Posts: 273 ★★★

Ghost_Fan said:

Ghost_Fan said:

Kabam is looking pretty desperate to make us hyped (or even care) about new things entering the game lately

Right, because they haven't been announcing new stuff via Livestream for the last 3 months and haven't ever used Twitter to give hints or bits of information or made lengthy posts on the forums about new and upcoming events and additions.

This is such a desperate move. I don't know why they haven't done it before. Must mean the game is dying.
    If you read I said lately. All these livestreams do fall under the 'lately' category.

And why do you even mention forum posts here? Obviously forums posts are required cause they are like a 'reference material' for people (months or even years into the future) that want to see a more in depth analysis about whatever is new.

The game is indeed dying but slowly. At least the YouTube aspect of the game. That's what they probably try to revive with these livestreams. If you don't believe me, go look at all the YouTube videos and how many views they get (unless it's a crystal opening of course, that adrenaline keeps bringing people back). The general interest for the game is dying and they are trying desperately to avoid it.
    Before just a forum post announcing what's new, was enough to get us hyped about it. Not anymore. Now they need forum post announcing the livestream, livestream, normal forum post, CCP members, tweets, notifications, maybe even emails and I don't know how much more.
    So a company advertising their product means the game is dying? Have you maybe considered that some people don't visit the forums and they prefer watching livestreams instead
    Advertising their products by livestreaming the upcoming events to a couple of thousands people? Which the vast majority of people that gonna tune for the livestream already are playing it?
    All of these livestreams are almost completely about building hype. If you really wanna advertise the game you can do other things (like the collaborations with Hacksmith Industries).

And yeah, what people would prefer more? To read a forum post for 5 mins or to see an entire livestream for one and a half hour which could mention less things than the forum post?

Titan crystal's drop 99.9% 7* shard or .1% 7* hero

Ghost_Fan said:

Ghost_Fan said:

Kabam is looking pretty desperate to make us hyped (or even care) about new things entering the game lately

Right, because they haven't been announcing new stuff via Livestream for the last 3 months and haven't ever used Twitter to give hints or bits of information or made lengthy posts on the forums about new and upcoming events and additions.

This is such a desperate move. I don't know why they haven't done it before. Must mean the game is dying.
    If you read I said lately. All these livestreams do fall under the 'lately' category.

And why do you even mention forum posts here? Obviously forums posts are required cause they are like a 'reference material' for people (months or even years into the future) that want to see a more in depth analysis about whatever is new.

The game is indeed dying but slowly. At least the YouTube aspect of the game. That's what they probably try to revive with these livestreams. If you don't believe me, go look at all the YouTube videos and how many views they get (unless it's a crystal opening of course, that adrenaline keeps bringing people back). The general interest for the game is dying and they are trying desperately to avoid it.
    Before just a forum post announcing what's new, was enough to get us hyped about it. Not anymore. Now they need forum post announcing the livestream, livestream, normal forum post, CCP members, tweets, notifications, maybe even emails and I don't know how much more.
    So because a company decides to improve their communication via Livestream's, where they're reaching thousands more people than an announcement on the forums, they're desperate?

Were they desperate when started uploading to YouTube?

Were they desperate when they started using Twitter?

Were they desperate when they created a new forum space?

Were they desperate when they created deep dives?

Innovation doesn't equal desperation. I've seen 1 tweet from the official MCOC account and I've seen Miike retweet it. There's one post about it here in the forums.

You literally just want to be mad about something like the people who got triggered because of the survey and it having a duplicated answer.

So is every company out there that has Twitter, twitch, YouTube, forums, etc.. desperate or just MCOC because you need to stay mad?
    Each of these had a reason to be created.
    YouTube to upload promotional material.
    Twitter for small sneak peaks.
    Forum is practically essential for every game.
    Deep dives are for people that wanna look at something more official as to how each champion works.
    At this point you are just throwing random words I would guess.

With livestreams they reach thousands of more than the forums? You got to be kidding me. You practically closed your eyes and didn't even read it when I explained it earlier.

Lmao. You call livestreaming Innovation?

You didn't say anything about the YouTube views of course. Why? Cause some people can't accept the truth as it seems.
    You are just picking only a few things to talk about and you leave my (arguably) biggest argument.

Only time will tell and I have a feeling it will be a lot sooner than you think
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,488 ★★★★★
    Ghost_Fan said:

Ghost_Fan said:

Ghost_Fan said:

So a company advertising their product means the game is dying? Have you maybe considered that some people don't visit the forums and they prefer watching livestreams instead
    Advertising their products by livestreaming the upcoming events to a couple of thousands people? Which the vast majority of people that gonna tune for the livestream already are playing it?
    All of these livestreams are almost completely about building hype. If you really wanna advertise the game you can do other things (like the collaborations with Hacksmith Industries).

And yeah, what people would prefer more? To read a forum post for 5 mins or to see an entire livestream for one and a half hour which could mention less things than the forum post?
    If someone was responsible for marketing my product and they suggested we only use one social outlet as opposed to multiple, they would be reassigned.
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Member Posts: 1,118 ★★★★
    Ghost_Fan said:

Ghost_Fan said:

Ghost_Fan said:

Sure reading a forum post takes 5 minutes. Time where I have to be actively focusing on it and then I have to decipher what I actually need to do on the SQ. Alternatively, I could open Twitch and put the livestream in the background while I do something else, and as a bonus every piece of content coming in the new update is explained to me. The choice is very obvious. If you don't like the livestream format then that's a different problem.

Every piece of advertisement is in a way, just another mechanism of building hype for a product so I don't really understand the point you are trying to make here. Just last week Sony did a livestream where they announced a bunch of new games and also built hype around them. I guess Sony must be dying too...
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Member Posts: 947 ★★★
    Everyone knows what the pool will be:

Hyperion (Hyperion)
    Hercules (Atlas)
    Namor (Oceanus)
    Groot (Gaia)
    Kang (Chronos)
    Odin (Uranus)
    Ghost (Theia)
    Sue Storm (Rheia)

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,762 ★★★★★
    Ghost_Fan said:

Ghost_Fan said:

Ghost_Fan said:

So because a company decides to improve their communication via Livestream's, where they're reaching thousands more people than an announcement on the forums, they're desperate?

Innovation doesn't equal desperation. I've seen 1 tweet from the official MCOC account and I've seen Miike retweet it. There's one post about it here in the forums.

You literally just want to be mad about something like the people who got triggered because of the survey and it having a duplicated answer.

So is every company out there that has Twitter, twitch, YouTube, forums, etc.. desperate or just MCOC because you need to stay mad?
    Deep dives are for people that wanna look at something more official as to how each champion works.

With livestreams they reach thousands of more than the forums? You got to be kidding me. You practically closed your eyes and didn't even read it when I explained it earlier.

You didn't say anything about the YouTube views of course. Why? Cause some people can't accept the truth as it seems.
    You are just picking only a few things to talk about and you leave my (arguably) biggest argument.

Last thing I'll say is that innovation doesn't mean they invented something new. They are doing something new for their company. You can innovate new ways of doing things.

Have the day you deserve.

Ghost_Fan said:

Ghost_Fan said:

Ghost_Fan said:

Last thing I'll say is that innovation doesn't mean they invented something new. They are doing something new for their company. You can innovate new ways of doing things.

While my other comments is waiting to get approved yet again, I would like to thank you for not answering in my biggest arguments. I guess I'm proven right )
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Member Posts: 1,585 ★★★★
    how do you get titan shards now. I noticed I had a few already
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,762 ★★★★★
    Ghost_Fan said:

Ghost_Fan said:

Ghost_Fan said:

Ghost_Fan said:

While my other comments is waiting to get approved yet again, I would like to thank you for not answering in my biggest arguments. I guess I'm proven right )
    DNA3000 already answered your YouTube question. You aren't proven right.

Ghost_Fan said:

Ghost_Fan said:

Ghost_Fan said:

Ghost_Fan said:

DNA3000 already answered your YouTube question. You aren't proven right.
    I had replied to his comment but Kabam just doesn't want my message to go through. This message needs to get approved like 100 times

Cause they aren't gonna let it through otherwise
    Ghost_Fan said:

Cause they aren't gonna let it through otherwise

One of the things I tried to do was pick Youtubers that upload regularly. Most of those people appear to be uploading more or less the same amount of videos per month, many upload daily or multiple times a day. It is unlikely that the statistics are the result of Youtubers uploading dramatically larger numbers of videos and increasing their view count but lowering their average views per video. To know for sure you'd have to build a complete data analysis of each channel's videos, something I'm not prepared to do in this context. In terms of the large overview, there's no large drop in views. Even if there was a small one undetectable in these graphs, that would still demonstrate no large attention drop off.