Options

Battlegrounds Matchmaking

Made it to diamond 3 but can’t progress any further, this is what 8 of the past 10 matches have looked like.
My account is 1.18 million rated and almost all I’ve matched against have been 2-3 million

Comments

• Options
    hyp3r05hyp3r05 Posts: 71
    DNA3000 said:

You made it to diamond 3 with a 1.18 million rated account, and you're complaining because you can't progress any further? By progress tier you're more than 75% up the VT ladder. Do you believe you are better or stronger than 75% of the players currently moving through VT? I have a five million rated account and I'm in Gold 2. Do you think you could beat me in a head to head fight?

VT is not an A-for-effort part of BG where everyone is entitled to pass through it and reach GC. Only the strongest players in BG should be reaching GC. Everyone else should be getting as much as possible from going as high as they can in VT. There is such a thing as "as high as you can." In fact, the fact you got to Diamond 3 implies you were getting disproportionately easy matches to get there. That's a relic of the fact that Kabam incorrectly allowed players to match by roster strength and caused players to believe that's how it is supposed to be. It isn't. Even in the VT, stronger players should be rising and weaker players should be getting slowed down sooner. With each season, Kabam is reducing roster matching bias and forcing players to match against everyone else, and the higher you go in VT the more you will be exposed to matching against the typical players in that track.

This early in the season the majority of players in Diamond 3 are probably very strong players with very strong rosters, and you're more likely to run into them. This is not a bug, this is deliberate. If you can't beat them, you shouldn't be getting to Diamond 1 or Vibranium or especially GC.

The problem isn’t not being able to progress. It’s the matchups that are putting small accounts against opponents where the champs of yours getting banned are the near bottom roster of your opponents. 1.2 million accounts should go against 2-3 million rates accounts just like 300k accounts shouldn’t have to fight 1 million rates accounts.
    I also wouldn’t say I’ve been breezing through victory track. I’ve been playing at least an hour a day in bgs and have lost my fair share of easier matchups.
    Maybe the account rating system of matchmaking is flawed but it’s needed to prevent matches where someone with a 11k attacker is fighting a 40k defender while a 20k attacker is fighting a 27k defender.
    Yeah it is a skill based game mode and that is what makes it enjoyable, it’s not enjoyable to play the game mode and go into matchups that realistically there is a very small chance of winning.

• Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,491 ★★★★★
    edited June 2023
    You're on Diamond 3 on week two, my account is smaller than yours by 100k and even I don't see the issue here. What you wanna make it to GC on week two? Lol
  • Options
    AnlyAnly Posts: 615 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

You made it to diamond 3 with a 1.18 million rated account, and you're complaining because you can't progress any further? By progress tier you're more than 75% up the VT ladder. Do you believe you are better or stronger than 75% of the players currently moving through VT? I have a five million rated account and I'm in Gold 2. Do you think you could beat me in a head to head fight?

VT is not an A-for-effort part of BG where everyone is entitled to pass through it and reach GC. Only the strongest players in BG should be reaching GC. Everyone else should be getting as much as possible from going as high as they can in VT. There is such a thing as "as high as you can." In fact, the fact you got to Diamond 3 implies you were getting disproportionately easy matches to get there. That's a relic of the fact that Kabam incorrectly allowed players to match by roster strength and caused players to believe that's how it is supposed to be. It isn't. Even in the VT, stronger players should be rising and weaker players should be getting slowed down sooner. With each season, Kabam is reducing roster matching bias and forcing players to match against everyone else, and the higher you go in VT the more you will be exposed to matching against the typical players in that track.

This early in the season the majority of players in Diamond 3 are probably very strong players with very strong rosters, and you're more likely to run into them. This is not a bug, this is deliberate. If you can't beat them, you shouldn't be getting to Diamond 1 or Vibranium or especially GC.

Yes we get it, the system works the way it works because it wouldnt be able to function properly otherwise

That dosent mean the system in place is the right one to use
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    hyp3r05 said:

Made it to diamond 3 but can’t progress any further, this is what 8 of the past 10 matches have looked like.
    My account is 1.18 million rated and almost all I’ve matched against have been 2-3 million

You have probably reached your ceiling then.
    Rewards up to Platinum 3 are descent for a 1.2mil account.
    Of course they aren't the full VT plus GC ranked that many similar accounts were getting the 2-3 previous seasons, but they are still good.
    Play for the objectives and solo/ally bgs milestones till stronger competitors move up and your matches become easier.
    BGs is a competition that should reward the strongest competitors, not the most skilled players, not the most experienced, not the biggest accounts, but the combination of all these.
    That is happening now.
    To enter GC you need to have a lot of all these 😉
  • Options
    zaspacerzaspacer Posts: 115
    Greekhit said:

hyp3r05 said:

You have probably reached your ceiling then.
    Rewards up to Platinum 3 are descent for a 1.2mil account.
    Of course they aren't the full VT plus GC ranked that many similar accounts were getting the 2-3 previous seasons, but they are still good.
    Play for the objectives and solo/ally bgs milestones till stronger competitors move up and your matches become easier.
    BGs is a competition that should reward the strongest competitors, not the most skilled players, not the most experienced, not the biggest accounts, but the combination of all these.
    That is happening now.
    To enter GC you need to have a lot of all these 😉
    You should add luck, spend, knowledge, and grind to that list. They have all played a huge role in my successes and failures, and they are major potential factors for all players.

I'm TB and currently on Diamond 1. And I would be at Vibranium if I had spent more.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    hyp3r05 said:

Yeah, I'd love to face rosters that small. Be grateful for the rewards you were given.
  • Options
    Greed_ExodusGreed_Exodus Posts: 202 ★★
    hyp3r05 said:

I’m 3 mil rating but only just became paragon with 3 R4s none are even duped and I still have 5*s in my deck, i made the gc today matching accounts way stronger than me, it’s all about persistence and skill.
  • Options
    KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Posts: 899 ★★★
    I have a 1.6 mil account and I've hit circuit several times, beating accounts like that and much bigger. If you're not able to beat these accounts you need to develop your roster and skills further to be able to progress more.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,757 Guardian
    Anly said:

DNA3000 said:

Yes we get it, the system works the way it works because it wouldnt be able to function properly otherwise

That dosent mean the system in place is the right one to use
    By definition, if it works the way it works because it wouldn't be able to function properly otherwise, then that is the right one to use. Unless disfunction is your goal.