**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is Bg matchmaking still broken???

Comments

• Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★

Why TF is a UC player in Plat 2?

Because it's possible? I've been UC for awhile and I've just been growing my roster and got a few lucky crystals pulls. I'm happy to show my BG deck if you would like
    That has nothing to do with it. It's Kabam's awful matchmaking that has propelled you to a level that you do no belong.
    Just because of my Story progression Title, doesnt mean I don't belong in Plat. I have the roster and skill to get to Cav however I choose not to at this point in time. And if we take what others are saying as truth, then the matchmaking is getting better. So my matches are (for the most part) pretty fair. I said before though that there were quite a few matches that were unfair either in my favor or in favor of my opponent. But I do have what it takes to get to Plat on the VT

We could argue over this but i'd rather not and just move on from this aspect of the thread. Again, if you want to continue, then i'm fine with showing my deck and i'll even include my match history if you wish to see it. I do, at least in my own personal opinion, belong here in Plat tier.
    You really don't get it. In a balanced system, a Cav wouldn't get to Plat until all the Paragons and most of the TBs got there first. As of now, there are thousands of Paragons stuck in lower levels because of the matchmaking. that same matchmaking that propelled you to Plat is the one that are keeping Paragons in Silver and Gold.
    If there are thousands of Paragons stuck in lower levels, that's not just a case of Matchmaking. I've beaten a number of them on my way to Diamond.
    I thought you said you weren't a Cav anymore.
    I'm not. I'm TB. I'm making the statement that the way people play has more to do with it than just the Title.
    So why did you respond to my post about a Cav being above Paragons with your own personal account? You're a 7-year vet who has chosen to stay at TB for unknowable reasons, which makes you an anomaly, not the norm.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,307 ★★★★★
    Don’t get fixated on the titles. Nobody is saying someone who has played for 7 years and has a 4mil rated account with several r4’s and a prestige of 16-17k doesn’t deserve to reach GC because they decided not to do story content. People are talking about 6-7k or even 10-11k prestige players with sub 1mil hero rating with only few ranked 5 star champs expecting to get “fair” matchups all the way to GC. The progression title is just being used as a surrogate for the account progression.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,251 ★★★★★

Because it's possible? I've been UC for awhile and I've just been growing my roster and got a few lucky crystals pulls. I'm happy to show my BG deck if you would like
    That has nothing to do with it. It's Kabam's awful matchmaking that has propelled you to a level that you do no belong.
    Just because of my Story progression Title, doesnt mean I don't belong in Plat. I have the roster and skill to get to Cav however I choose not to at this point in time. And if we take what others are saying as truth, then the matchmaking is getting better. So my matches are (for the most part) pretty fair. I said before though that there were quite a few matches that were unfair either in my favor or in favor of my opponent. But I do have what it takes to get to Plat on the VT

We could argue over this but i'd rather not and just move on from this aspect of the thread. Again, if you want to continue, then i'm fine with showing my deck and i'll even include my match history if you wish to see it. I do, at least in my own personal opinion, belong here in Plat tier.
    You really don't get it. In a balanced system, a Cav wouldn't get to Plat until all the Paragons and most of the TBs got there first. As of now, there are thousands of Paragons stuck in lower levels because of the matchmaking. that same matchmaking that propelled you to Plat is the one that are keeping Paragons in Silver and Gold.
    If there are thousands of Paragons stuck in lower levels, that's not just a case of Matchmaking. I've beaten a number of them on my way to Diamond.
    I'm not. I'm TB. I'm making the statement that the way people play has more to do with it than just the Title.
    So why did you respond to my post about a Cav being above Paragons with your own personal account? You're a 7-year vet who has chosen to stay at TB for unknowable reasons, which makes you an anomaly, not the norm.
    All I said was I take my time with Story. Still waiting on the Resources for the third R4 either way.
    Still, you made the claim that Paragons are stuck while lower Players are progressing. I proved that the Title doesn't entitle someone to advance if they're not winning their Matches.
    We go up based on how we do. Which is either tricky in this Masochism meta, or advantageous depending on what you lay. It's just as much about playing smart as it is having the same Champs Ranked.
  • Options
    I've been beaten by some Cavs, beaten Paragons, it's all how the Match plays out.
  • Options
    TheVolTheVol Posts: 37
    Markjv81 said:

This is not the definition of broken.

Until you realise he wont be able to do solo objectives and will lose out on quite alot of rewards
  • Options

All I said was I take my time with Story. Still waiting on the Resources for the third R4 either way.
    Still, you made the claim that Paragons are stuck while lower Players are progressing. I proved that the Title doesn't entitle someone to advance if they're not winning their Matches.
    We go up based on how we do. Which is either tricky in this Masochism meta, or advantageous depending on what you lay. It's just as much about playing smart as it is having the same Champs Ranked.
    lol, your single account progressing doesn't "prove" that people are getting stuck because of the matchmaking. Anecdotal evidence for the win!
  • Options

lol, your single account progressing doesn't "prove" that people are getting stuck because of the matchmaking. Anecdotal evidence for the win!
    Evidently it's not just my single Account, but okay.
    You know, sooner or later that Title is no longer a justifiable reason to ignore the results of the Matches.
  • Options
    TheVol said:

Markjv81 said:

This is not the definition of broken.

Until you realize he won't be able to do solo objectives and will lose out on quite alot of rewards
    I'd say that the trophy tokens, relic shards, solo-ranked rewards, alliance-ranked rewards and Elder's Marks you were given for getting to Plat more than makeup for the few hundred tokens you're missing out on now that you are facing matches that others have been getting all along.
  • Options

You know, sooner or later that Title is no longer a justifiable reason to ignore the results of the Matches.
    You can't refute my point so you have to change the argument.

I already sat that in a given match a lower player can beat a bigger player. No one is refuting that point. The point is that a lower player can't constantly beat higher players to the extent that they would climb to Plat w/o the help of the matchmaking.
  • Options

You can't refute my point so you have to change the argument.

I already sat that in a given match a lower player can beat a bigger player. No one is refuting that point. The point is that a lower player can't constantly beat higher players to the extent that they would climb to Plat w/o the help of the matchmaking.
    I never changed my argument. You said thousands of Paragon Players are stuck in Silver and Gold while lower Players were advancing. I said there is onus on how they're playing. The Matchmaking hasn't been doing me any favors. I've had Legends and lower Players. You can call it anecdotal, but my own experience has shown it's not as weighted as you claim.
    If a Paragon is not advancing, they're also responsible for how they're playing.
  • Options
    lol, you need to learn what "anecdotal" means. Also, admitting that you get lower than TB opponents completely disproves your 'argument'.
  • Options
    r/whoosh
  • Options
    StatureStature Posts: 423 ★★★

No one with that amount of skill in the game is just choosing to be a Cav and earn less rewards than their skill should dictate.

I think you've created some sort of hero of the people in your head that can crush any Paragon that gets in their way, which simply does not exist. There is a reason there's a new thread every day crying about unfair matchmaking created by a Cav who reaches Plat and starts facing real matches and are crushed.

There is a very diverse set of people who play the game. The way the game has evolved with now needs certain trade-offs on where time is spent. Story progression is not the only barometer of player skills anymore.

You don't need to crush every Paragon to progress. A win rate of 50% is enough. You have created this model of matchmaking where Paragons are only facing BG, Seatin and other youtubers and are permanently blocked from progressing. That doesn't exist either. The narrative that the strongest accounts are then only facing accounts stronger than themselves really doesn't hold up.
  • Options
    TheWatcher_TheWatcher_ Posts: 153
    Why should a UC like you be in plat 2 and then expect easy matches. That's not how it works. Always the same thread over and over about BG matchmaking being unfair and it's always the ones with the lower accounts who are always complaining. You just can't expect to climb to higher ranks and not face people that have way more developed rosters then you. Maybe you should just suck it up and deal with it or just stop trying to climb to higher ranks and learn your place as a UC
  • Options
    Superstar_1126Superstar_1126 Posts: 405 ★★

Why should a UC like you be in plat 2 and then expect easy matches. That's not how it works. Always the same thread over and over about BG matchmaking being unfair and it's always the ones with the lower accounts who are always complaining. You just can't expect to climb to higher ranks and not face people that have way more developed rosters then you. Maybe you should just suck it up and deal with it or just stop trying to climb to higher ranks and learn your place as a UC

I asked a question and it was answered. I climbed and worked my way to Plat 2 with a few easy matches and a few difficult matches. However this one match seemed like the most bizarre matchmaking i've seen this season so I asked if it was a broken matchmaking in process and the answer I got was that its working as intended. If thats the case then great, this was just a match not in my favor and so I'll take the loss and move on.

"Learn your place as a UC" stop talking as if you are my superior. Sure you may be a higher title than me, but that will never mean you are my superior. I asked a question for my own reasons and I got an answer which I will take. If you can't handle seeing my progress and title alongside this question, then thats your problem. Suck it up and deal with that fact that there's a high UC player (who could be Cav in all honesty) in Plat 2 on the VT in Battlegrounds
  • Options
    Wow i didnt realze this would create such a heated discussion (or argument)
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

You must be new then as every thread on this subject over the past 8 months (dozens and dozens of them) end up very similar to this (to include with most of the same people in each post). In fact, this was actually tame compared to many on this topic.
  • Options
    Deathscyther_1Deathscyther_1 Posts: 4
    No its not broken. It is working as intended. Matchmaking just works a little differently when you get past Gold tier. @WinterFields explained it well. Congrats making it to Plat 2 as UC, good luck if you want to go further than that
  • Options
    noclutchnoclutch Posts: 186 ★★

Where does he belong?
  • Options

You must be new then as every thread on this subject over the past 8 months (dozens and dozens of them) end up very similar to this (to include with most of the same people in each post). In fact, this was actually tame compared to many on this topic.
    I've seen threads about this topic, but never read through the comments fully. So yea I am kinda new to seeing this kind of argument on this topic
  • Options

No its not broken. It is working as intended. Matchmaking just works a little differently when you get past Gold tier. @WinterFields explained it well. Congrats making it to Plat 2 as UC, good luck if you want to go further than that

Thank you
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

I explained this all to you yesterday.
  • Options
    TheWatcher_TheWatcher_ Posts: 153

I asked a question and it was answered. I climbed and worked my way to Plat 2 with a few easy matches and a few difficult matches. However this one match seemed like the most bizarre matchmaking i've seen this season so I asked if it was a broken matchmaking in process and the answer I got was that its working as intended. If thats the case then great, this was just a match not in my favor and so I'll take the loss and move on.

"Learn your place as a UC" stop talking as if you are my superior. Sure you may be a higher title than me, but that will never mean you are my superior. I asked a question for my own reasons and I got an answer which I will take. If you can't handle seeing my progress and title alongside this question, then thats your problem. Suck it up and deal with that fact that there's a high UC player (who could be Cav in all honesty) in Plat 2 on the VT in Battlegrounds
    I never meant to say that I am superior to you. I'm just saying that it's weird that a UC is trying to what, get into GC or wherever and expect easy matches. Easy matches probably stop at atleast gold 3 maybe gold 1. Now I'm not saying to stop there but you can't just keep climbing and expect harder matches. Or, toward the end of the season all of the more developed rosters will be out of plat 2 and maybe then you will be able to progress a little easier
  • Options
    monomuggmonomugg Posts: 312 ★★
    Kids these days. UC with 2 6* R3 🤣
    I don't think I got my first R3 a bit after I became Cavalier.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    monomugg said:

Kids these days. Cav with a 6* R3 🤣 I got my first R3 a bit before I became Thronebreaker.
  • Options
    edited June 2023

monomugg said:

Kids these days. Cav with a 6* R3 🤣 I got my first R3 a bit before I became Thronebreaker.
    lol. you're right. As a matter of fact, I defeated GM with 5/65s only. And a bunch of units, of course.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    monomugg said:

monomugg said:

lol. you're right. As a matter of fact, I defeated GM with 5/65s only. And a bunch of units, of course.
    Unitman is the best option to R3
  • Options

monomugg said:

monomugg said:

Unitman is the best option to R3
    no discussion there, mate.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

I explained this all to you yesterday.
    I'm sorry, but you write extremely long comments. I read a little bit of your comment but not all
  • Options
    monomugg said:

I only got R3's because of Banquet...