**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Kabam's new store - new way of buy deals

startropicsstartropics Posts: 557 ★★★★
Kabam is now selling deals through it's own store, giving more goodies for the same price. Anyone try it yet?

There was a successful lawsuit that allows developers to do this, although they could always appeal.

https://xsolla.com/blog/xsolla-opens-the-door-to-more-revenue-from-mobile-games-following-apple-update

Comments

• Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,787 ★★★★★
    Probably works the same as marvel strike force. They have an online store as well as the in game store. Both sell basically the same thing but if you buy online you get some extra orbs or milestone thingies. But nothing that crazy.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,658 Guardian
    From the game website, click on upper-right “2 line” icon, drop down menu, to access Store.

Evidently goes then a company called Xsolla (so your info is shared with them, versus thru Apple/Google). Can see privacy policy and other opt-in / opt-out info about it there.

• Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,799 ★★★★★
    This is more interesting.

• Options
    FrankWhiteFrankWhite Posts: 178 ★★
    Maybe this would be better. Just do not buy a the small packages. Just buy all the Odins at both stores. Better value 🫣
  • Options
    noclutchnoclutch Posts: 186 ★★
    With Kabam store, is there any advantage to use appstore or playstore for purchases?
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 774 ★★★★
    noclutch said:

With Kabam store, is there any advantage to use appstore or playstore for purchases?

No. It’s effectively outclassed the free units you get from buying through the Google store.

I’m also happy to give all the money to something I enjoy not Google.
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,167 ★★★★
    What happens if there was an issue and refund was required?
  • Options

Well, I’m sure Xsolla is taking their cut of things too (just not as much as what Google/Apple do).

You log in with your kabam account, choose your offer, open your bank account via their service and pay.

(1) I assume that is logging into your GAME account, and NOT your FORUM account.
    And I can see potential mistakes made by those with multiple (Alt.) accounts, since you’re not doing it directly within the game like before (where you know WHICH account you are playing as and want to buy it for).

(2) And that “open your bank account via their service”. Via which service, the Xsolla, or your Bank's service ? Any option to pay by Credit Card instead ?

And keep in mind the privacy stuff, what information of yours that they can then subsequently use to market/advertise to you, or potentially sell to 3rd parties (email, etc). There was some options you could select, not sure what info was still *required* and not opt-outable and still be able to do a purchase up there.
    For those that care about limiting stuff like that.
    SandeepS said:

Interesting if that would count as “going thru Kabam” for properly getting a refund.
    Or if it would still be similar to going “outside Kabam” resulting in Negative Credits.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,683 Guardian

Well, I’m sure Xsolla is taking their cut of things too (just not as much as what Google/Apple do).

You log in with your kabam account, choose your offer, open your bank account via their service and pay.

(1) I assume that is logging into your GAME account, and NOT your FORUM account.
    And I can see potential mistakes made by those with multiple (Alt.) accounts, since you’re not doing it directly within the game like before (where you know WHICH account you are playing as and want to buy it for).

(2) And that “open your bank account via their service”. Via which service, the Xsolla, or your Bank's service ? Any option to pay by Credit Card instead ?

And keep in mind the privacy stuff, what information of yours that they can then subsequently use to market/advertise to you, or potentially sell to 3rd parties (email, etc). There was some options you could select, not sure what info was still *required* and not opt-outable and still be able to do a purchase up there.
    For those that care about limiting stuff like that.
    SandeepS said:

Interesting if that would count as “going thru Kabam” for properly getting a refund.
    Or if it would still be similar to going “outside Kabam” resulting in Negative Credits.
    Their refund policies are very well set, and for anything complicated, it says to go to kabam for it.

Also, from what I've overheard, xsolla has a 1-2% fee vs the 30% Google and apple take
  • Options
    AjisdopeAjisdope Posts: 933 ★★★
    Strange my store only shows basic deals even though I am Paragon🤨
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Their refund policies are very well set, and for anything complicated, it says to go to kabam for it.

Also, from what I've overheard, xsolla has a 1-2% fee vs the 30% Google and apple take

Thanks.
    But that's what I mean.
    Google/Apple, or even your Credit Card company, refund policies may be clear and easy, but unrelated to working with having it be processed in conjunction with Kabam.

So does Xsolla's refund method work WITH Kabam, for Kabam to automatically roll back whatever resources you got in game from that purchase, as part of that refund process.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,683 Guardian

Pikolu said:

Thanks.
    But that's what I mean.
    Google/Apple, or even your Credit Card company, refund policies may be clear and easy, but unrelated to working with having it be processed in conjunction with Kabam.

So does Xsolla's refund method work WITH Kabam, for Kabam to automatically roll back whatever resources you got in game from that purchase, as part of that refund process.
    From what I remember from conversations was that the Xsolla refund method does work with kabam. However, if you really want, you can always go through kabam support for a refund anyways
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,402 ★★★★★
    Ajisdope said:

• Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Genuinely curious, why does Kabam need xsolla at all ? Can't they just accept payments directly? Or are there legal hurdles for that?
  • Options
    AjisdopeAjisdope Posts: 933 ★★★

Ajisdope said:

I am logged in?
  • Options
    Kabam, can you verify if deals will be on both your own site and in-game to allow for double dipping?
  • Options
    CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,109 ★★★★

Kabam, can you verify if deals will be on both your own site and in-game to allow for double dipping?

I think they do since the deals on the website are different from the deals on the in-game store
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,836 ★★★★★
    Does it work with PayPal ?
  • Options

Cannot confirm or deny at this time, we're still working out those details.
    Thanks for the quick response! I'm fine with deals in both places but please don't allow double dipping, it would really hurt player pockets and affect game economy.
  • Options

Cannot confirm or deny at this time, we're still working out those details.
    (just my suggestion), that if you buy from one spot, the 2 places should get Sync’d so that the Limit remaining gets updated in both places.

——
    And are you allowed to place a link in the GAME store that would direct ppl to the WEBSITE one, or at least inform people on that game store that the Web one is available (and may give a higher amount of stuff), and then people could choose which they want to buy it thru ?

Or does the lawsuit settlement (and/or changes to their terms of service for developers) only allow you to offer your own separate processor, but maybe NOT allow you to actually advertise such an alternate place in your APP (the game) itself ? (such as, people would need to find out about it from “non-app” places like forums or websites, etc.)
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    I also hope that double dipping won't be happening, the gap will be way bigger, and not even us, casual spenders could compete with whales anymore in the near future.

That being said, this is a really nice move from kabam, especially since the in game store has more expensive deals. AN Odin in Europe has increased from 99 euros to 115 for example for android users.

But, the question is, if we get to avoid double dipping in July 4th, are we going to buy the deals from the expensive in game store, or the new, old prices-more units-great idea kabam store?
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Will there be Sigil and Unit card subscriptions available through Kabam site store?
    They are currently not available.