**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Kabam's new store - new way of buy deals

2»

Comments

• Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 773 ★★★★
    Searmenis said:

I also hope that double dipping won't be happening, the gap will be way bigger, and not even us, casual spenders could compete with whales anymore in the near future.

That being said, this is a really nice move from kabam, especially since the in game store has more expensive deals. AN Odin in Europe has increased from 99 euros to 115 for example for android users.

But, the question is, if we get to avoid double dipping in July 4th, are we going to buy the deals from the expensive in game store, or the new, old prices-more units-great idea kabam store?

That is life, people with more get to buy more. You just have to set your own limits and be happy with your own progression.
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 310 ★★★
    The payment company is a joke. They are denying my ability to purchase based on a chargeback I made in January of 2021 using Paypal. Funny thing is, I don't have an amount for the transaction and they won't give me any information as to the transaction ID. They are saying my game account is fraudulent. No phone number call. No further information given. The first 3 letters of the email they gave isn't even my account. Frustrating.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    Searmenis said:

I also hope that double dipping won't be happening, the gap will be way bigger, and not even us, casual spenders could compete with whales anymore in the near future.

That being said, this is a really nice move from kabam, especially since the in game store has more expensive deals. AN Odin in Europe has increased from 99 euros to 115 for example for android users.

But, the question is, if we get to avoid double dipping in July 4th, are we going to buy the deals from the expensive in game store, or the new, old prices-more units-great idea kabam store?

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but no one is competing with whales without spending as much.
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 557 ★★★★

Searmenis said:

That is life, people with more get to buy more. You just have to set your own limits and be happy with your own progression.
    True, but we can also be against raising the spending ceiling. Double dipping could seriously mess with game economy.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

Genuinely curious, why does Kabam need xsolla at all ? Can't they just accept payments directly? Or are there legal hurdles for that?

I believe it is more of a practical decision. Xsolla has been doing this for a while for many game developers, they have the basics worked out. The logistics of accepting payment for a global game is non-trivial. Besides the actual mechanics of payment itself, there are a whole host of region-specific regulations that you would have to follow. Building a global payment system is not like it was thirty fifteen years ago where you just put up a form to collect someone's credit card info.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,649 Guardian
    ** OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT POST **

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/338610/introducing-the-summoner-s-market#latest

Store is at…
    https://store.playcontestofchampions.com/

Make sure to Login there using your GAME account Kabam ID login (not Forum login), to see specific details on potential progression-based offers, or current purchase limit status available for you.
  • Options

And are you allowed to place a link in the GAME store that would direct ppl to the WEBSITE one

IANAL, but as far as I am aware, that's currently possible although they can't put a link in the app to actually buy anything from the web store. They can only put a link which would send players completely out of the game and to the web store. In the legal language of the Epic v Apple suit, Kabam can steer people to their store, but they cannot allow (i.e. Apple is allowed to prevent) players to buy things directly from the store from within the game itself.
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 310 ★★★
    Vanitelia said:

The payment company is a joke. They are denying my ability to purchase based on a chargeback I made in January of 2021 using Paypal. Funny thing is, I don't have an amount for the transaction and they won't give me any information as to the transaction ID. They are saying my game account is fraudulent. No phone number call. No further information given. The first 3 letters of the email they gave isn't even my account. Frustrating.

After 30 minutes of going back and forth with a not-so-helpful chat support person, I switched browsers and logged in to Microsoft Edge. It started off the exact same with the same messages, so I wasn't hopeful. I mentioned that I didn't make a transaction in the amount they were saying, provided a screenshot, and it was resolved in minutes. Not a fun experience, but if anyone else experiences something similar, keep trying.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★

Searmenis said:

I wasn't looking for a ying yang sort of answer from a random dude, thank you.
  • Options
    LoganX19808628LoganX19808628 Posts: 6
    Google doesn’t like it lol
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,675 Guardian
    Greekhit said:

Will there be Sigil and Unit card subscriptions available through Kabam site store?
    They are currently not available.

Due to the nature of subscriptions, I think k kabam is avoiding those in the web store for the time being
  • Options
    Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 751 ★★★
    Have a feeling this is gonna be bad. I can see them moving away from ingame store and doing most on this. This could be a huge issue because a lot of people get App/Play store gift cards. Sometimes that’s the only way they can do any spending because they are cash only spenders.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,429 ★★★★
    noclutch said:

With Kabam store, is there any advantage to use appstore or playstore for purchases?

The advantage is Kabam avoids paying the 30% apple tax and such. If they were smart about it they'd offer deals at 90% face value through their shop to get engagement up.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,419 ★★★★★

noclutch said:

With Kabam store, is there any advantage to use appstore or playstore for purchases?

The advantage is Kabam avoids paying the 30% apple tax and such. If they were smart about it they'd offer deals at 90% face value through their shop to get engagement up.
    This is the most logical answer. Both paragon deals are substantially different, I assume they want everyone to buy both.
  • Options
    Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 461 ★★★
    I just bought the paragon daily as an experiment.

No problems whatsoever. I used Apple Pay, and it came to £4.08 in the UK, so much cheaper. Hopefully, I’m not going to get an unexpected fee from my bank. Unfortunately the crystals still yielded the same old rubbish ☹️
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

I used chrome and never got this message. Probably an apple security feature.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

Have a feeling this is gonna be bad. I can see them moving away from ingame store and doing most on this. This could be a huge issue because a lot of people get App/Play store gift cards. Sometimes that’s the only way they can do any spending because they are cash only spenders.

They're not going to get rid of the in-game store.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★
    edited June 2023
    Ajisdope said:

Strange my store only shows basic deals even though I am Paragon🤨

You have to log into the store with your kabam game account credentials.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★

They give you a litany of options, beyond just credit or debit.
  • Options

They are highly unlikely to get rid of the in-game store because a) it is still more convenient and lots of players would rather just tap the screen once to buy something and b) they cannot put actual one-tap buttons in the game that buys things with their own store.

I know there are some issues on the Android side that I'm not in a position to test, but at least in my region Apple Pay is one of the options on the web store, so for people who use Apple gift cards they can still buy things in the Xsolla web store using the same identical payment options they currently use for in-app purchases, and then some. I tested this, and it works fine.

As an aside, based on screenshots I've seen from other people, the payment options available are region-specific. It looks different in Canada vs the US for example, due to certain payment options being more appropriate in the two different countries. So just because someone sees an option doesn't mean someone else will. However, I'm certain that bugs and glitches notwithstanding, Apple Pay and Google Play are supposed to be options almost everywhere for obvious reasons (Xsolla specializes in mobile stores for mobile games on those platforms specifically).
  • Options
    LoganX19808628LoganX19808628 Posts: 6

I used chrome and never got this message. Probably an apple security feature.
    It was when I tired to use autofill. I was mostly joking.
  • Options
    HuenasHuenas Posts: 33
    I think I’ll keep running thru play store so I can get that massive $5-6,000 chargeback refund when I report the dissatisfaction with purchase and my cc gladly gives back the cash.

Only way to cheat the cheats for a level playing field
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,362 ★★★★★

noclutch said:

Well they change USD even for us foreigners, so the deals became almost 10% cheaper for me as the USD/AUD conversion was less than the normal AUD price in the app store.
  • Options
    bpunk88bpunk88 Posts: 184 ★★★

Genuinely curious, why does Kabam need xsolla at all ? Can't they just accept payments directly? Or are there legal hurdles for that?

Third party payment processors are helpful for local currency conversion, tax collection/reporting, security and PCI compliance. Very common in online business.
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 719 ★★★
    No point system like Google play point though 🤔 I do enjoy the gifting crystals randomly
  • Options
    AzdefAzdef Posts: 152
    1) I'll definitely be buying from the market. The Odin's in almost 20$ cheaper and you get 300 more units. It's a no brainer!

2) Google pay option does not work. The screen just disappears on clicking submit.

3) The credit card option did work. I wanted to buy the paragon daily offer but received the cavalier one instead. Not sure if it was an error on my part but pretty certain I clicked on paragon. Anyways I have raised the issue with both Xsolla and Kabam. Lets see who resolves it.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    Does this type of store circumvent any particular regional rules about ingame purchases that involve chance?
  • Options
    Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 751 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

They are highly unlikely to get rid of the in-game store because a) it is still more convenient and lots of players would rather just tap the screen once to buy something and b) they cannot put actual one-tap buttons in the game that buys things with their own store.

I know there are some issues on the Android side that I'm not in a position to test, but at least in my region Apple Pay is one of the options on the web store, so for people who use Apple gift cards they can still buy things in the Xsolla web store using the same identical payment options they currently use for in-app purchases, and then some. I tested this, and it works fine.

As an aside, based on screenshots I've seen from other people, the payment options available are region-specific. It looks different in Canada vs the US for example, due to certain payment options being more appropriate in the two different countries. So just because someone sees an option doesn't mean someone else will. However, I'm certain that bugs and glitches notwithstanding, Apple Pay and Google Play are supposed to be options almost everywhere for obvious reasons (Xsolla specializes in mobile stores for mobile games on those platforms specifically).
    I really hope everyone is right but seeing the differences already between ingame and on the store I feel the holiday offers are gonna be way less value ingame going forward. Hopefully I’m wrong.