**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What's next, my fellow f2p community guys?

Darkknight_94Darkknight_94 Posts: 459 ★★★
edited July 2023 in General Discussion
I want to know how fellow f2p players doing & what's next for f2p prospective now after july 4th deals that created a gap btween rosters ( but hard fact: game is running due to spenders but can't deny now the bridges is getting wider & broader as the game moves forward)
So , want to know how you are all dealing with it & what's the plan for you guys( f2p guys).
Disclaimer: no dig or poke at spenders or whale ☮️, just a general discussion , so need to backlash☮️

Comments

• Options
    SligSlig Posts: 350 ★★
    Same.
  • Options
    I don’t care too much what they can buy (not all the time at least) as I know I’m not competing in their weight class
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Lovejoy72 said:

Isn’t there supposed to be the “biggest free to play event ever” coming up? Didnt they say that in that last live stream? Is it possible they anticipated this and had a counter balance to it already in the books? It might be time to start letting some of those details out early to assuage some fear.

That was just a way of speaking, not intended to take it seriously.

I doubt they would do exclusive content for the FTP
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,536 ★★★★★

I was never completing against the whales so this did nothing to me. I play the game at my pace so it didn't change anything. I know those that try to be FTP and compete at the highest level are the ones that will be raising a stink.

Same. I just do what I can do. I'm typically 6 months behind everyone else which is fine.
  • Options
    11993451199345 Posts: 371 ★★★
    Play the game at YOUR pace, not anybody else's...
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,419 ★★★★★
    Gotta pay to play.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    edited July 2023

Lovejoy72 said:

Isn’t there supposed to be the “biggest free to play event ever” coming up? Didnt they say that in that last live stream? Is it possible they anticipated this and had a counter balance to it already in the books? It might be time to start letting some of those details out early to assuage some fear.

That was just a way of speaking, not intended to take it seriously.

I doubt they would do exclusive content for the FTP
    I don’t think they could block spenders, technologically. But I don’t think it has to be FTP exclusive. They just need to dilute the reward pool significantly, don’t they? Enough to take the edge off of this last event. I mean, some of these whales ranked up every useful champ they own. More rewards on the same level might not even be that useful to some of them? Give free to play the opportunity to rank up their best, at least, and the gap narrows (in practice, if not literally).

I mean I haven’t done the leg work to prove that works, but hope abounds!
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    DL864 said:

To me there's never a ftp. Time is money if you spend hours everyday grinding this game just to say you're ftp you're losing money somewhere else. I also believe that there are more casual spenders in this game then whales and ftp.

I agree free to play is a misnomer. I mean, my play is absolutely free. But I pay for most everything else in the game…
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    DL864 said:

To me there's never a ftp. Time is money if you spend hours everyday grinding this game just to say you're ftp you're losing money somewhere else. I also believe that there are more casual spenders in this game then whales and ftp.

Time is money is the most inaccurate and over used statement around. Time is NOT money unless your losing money by playing the game. If you work a job and play on your off time or even while at work, you are NOT losing money and therefore time is NOT money.

No one works 24 hours a day so playing in your off time after working a long day of work isn't costing you lost money it just time you would waste doing something else silly.
  • Options
    Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,022 ★★★★
    I think we wait for 8.3
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★

DL864 said:

Time is money is the most inaccurate and over used statement around. Time is NOT money unless your losing money by playing the game. If you work a job and play on your off time or even while at work, you are NOT losing money and therefore time is NOT money.

No one works 24 hours a day so playing in your off time after working a long day of work isn't costing you lost money it just time you would waste doing something else silly.
    If you grind the game for hours cause you're ftp and have to do arena for hours everyday then yes that time you use on the game could potentially be time you could have used to make money. Yes the person who plays on their down time is different but I don't know anybody who works full-time and has other responsibilities that has hours everyday to play this game. I log in everyday yes but somedays I might play 15 mins total and others an hr or hr and a half. Not 4-6 hrs playing arena.
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Lovejoy72 said:

You can block free to players out of paid content but you can’t block anyone out of “free to play content”. So even if it’s the best mind blowing event of all time it won’t lessen the difference, it will maintain it.
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023
    As for me, I will continue enjoying crushing the little thronebreaker accounts in platinum, then stop playing battlegrounds for the season once I hit GC
  • Options
    11993451199345 Posts: 371 ★★★

DL864 said:

Time is everyone's most valuable resource, and there is a HEAVY opportunity cost to playing this game as a f2p player...
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,756 ★★★★★
    I don't really care what the whales get when they whale out. I think it's a supremely small part of the community that are F2P while also directly competing with whale accounts in various PvP content. For me (and to be clear, I'm not strictly a F2P player, I'm just not a whale), I'm always several leagues under the big guys. I don't even meet them most of the time. I had one match in BG where I met someone with half a dozen r5s (I have one), which still isn't too crazy, but otherwise I feel like I'm generally matched up against people roughly my level in the various PvP contents. Or at least my alliance is matched up with alliances of roughly our level.

If anything, I feel like the most uneven match-ups I have in BG tend to be the ones where I'm meeting lower-level accounts which results in them getting smashed, rather than me going up against the big spenders and getting smashed myself.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,482 ★★★★
    DL864 said:

You should learn about passive income.