**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Ok Kabam, we need a new method of account customisation and i have just the thing

I was watching a Brian Grant video the other day and he had brought up a rather worthy complaint that there was little to no account variation within the game apart from some titles, pfp and champions. This makes it extremely hard for summoners to both express and for them to demonstrate their true appreciation for certain characters beyond striving for the big rank 5. So here is my solution (and perhaps this has been said before but seeing as it has never been implemented I shall perpetuate the concept): CHAMPION SKINS.

Now here me out, I wish for this to be a truly inclusive project and not one that is completely paid, although the option to have certain rare skins be paid with units is not horrible. Lets break this down!

1. How would you receive skins:

Well as I said there could be some paid ones in the item store and a rarity system for certain skins in the game, one thing i hope for this system is the riddance of ‘shadow champions’ (meaning champions that literally play exactly the same but look different and take up space in the crystal pool e.g., Cap OG and Cap WWII, Iron Man OG and Iron Man Superior etc.) these can be converted into shards and a new item I am about to reveal for those who already own these champs.

The second way to get skins would be through a crafting system (which shouldn’t be too hard to create). I wish to be more inclusive in this sense by making it so that its not such a disappointment when you get a character of a lower rarity in a cav crystal or smth as, the way to craft these skins, is by getting a brand new item called "Fabrics" (ow whatever you guys come up with)

2. How will ‘fabrics’ work?

Ok so all the old shadow champs will now become ‘Rare’ skins, new skins will scale up to ‘Epic’ and then ‘Legendary’ (as is customary with most game’s system),(unless you (Kabam) wish to be a bit more Whitty and make the system -
[Amazing —> Spectacular —> Marvellous]
Or something

Rare skins will be worth [200] fabrics, comparable to 50-75 units
Epic skins will be around [500] fabrics
Arounds 100-150 units
Legendary [750] fabrics or 250 units flat (still very achievable)

Every time you gain any champ from a crystal, ranging from 3-7* awakened you will gain fabrics respective to their awakened level:
3*: [up to 50 sigs = 15 fabrics] [>50 = 25]
5*: [up to 50 sigs = 35 fabrics] [>50<100 = 40] [up to <200 sigs = 50]
And so on and so forth for each rarity champ up to 7*

This will improve both spending on such crystals which higher level players would not even so much as to bat an eye as well as the little 4*s you gift us in the mail… because God knows we truly wouldn’t us em otherwise :,)

Ok so in the comments I will post my ideas for the first wave of skins,

It truly is a wonder how you (Kabam) havent implemented this system yet seeing as to how many random champs we have that just do the same thing with the same animations and also how many other marvel games take advantage of all their heroes and their rogues galleries having so many different interpretations and skins!

Please respond with any skins you’d hope to see and try to get this up so Kabam will see it!! Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    berserkerbarrageberserkerbarrage Posts: 11
    edited July 2023

This would be a Legendary 🟠

This one would be a Rare 🔵

This one would be Epic 🟣

Legendary 🟠

Rare 🔵 [Skin Set\Bundle deal]

Epic 🟣
  • Options

The art department at Kabam is pretty much the only department that really gets their job done and calls it a day. This idea would increase the budget and strain on the art department by a metric ton (idk what a metric ton is but it sounds dramatic), and the only way to make that worth it to Kabam would be to make these skins overpriced as hell. We're talking like 10k+ units per skin, if they even take the risk of allowing players to use Units to begin with. I would love to see it, but the way MCOC's economy works just doesn't support this idea safely.

Yes while i do understand this, i was merely presenting a unique idea and even if they are made to price them up remarkably as long as there was still an in-game long term method of achieving the skins you desire (even if you have to grind a bit) I think it would still be worth it. Also i think 10,000 units is a bit exaggerated 😂, i really dont think Kabam could get away with making £300 skin’s without being mauled by the community, not even Valorant skins are that expensive!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★

The art department at Kabam is pretty much the only department that really gets their job done and calls it a day. This idea would increase the budget and strain on the art department by a metric ton (idk what a metric ton is but it sounds dramatic), and the only way to make that worth it to Kabam would be to make these skins overpriced as hell. We're talking like 10k+ units per skin, if they even take the risk of allowing players to use Units to begin with. I would love to see it, but the way MCOC's economy works just doesn't support this idea safely.

i really dont think Kabam could get away with making £300 skin’s without being mauled by the community, not even Valorant skins are that expensive!
    And that's exactly why they just wouldn't do it. They wouldn't make enough profit off of their investment if they didn't drastically markup the price of the skins. Valorant is a perfect example, that game is massive compared to mcoc. The amount of players in this game willing to spend their precious units or cash on skins, when they could instead invest that into crystals or rankup materials is not very high. You mentioned Brain Grant inspiring you to make this thread, and he doesn't even spend money on the game now. Unless they were able to make skins so damn good that even Brain Grant spends actual real life currency, they won't be making much money off of selling $20 skins. BG would just grind Arena for a while and buy the skins that way, making Kabam $20 less in profit every single time a player buys a skin that way. And since skins can only be bought once, that's a potential 20 bucks they just lost out on forever. Imagine being the guy who's gotta talk to Netmarble and show them the pie chart with the massive number labeled "potential profit" compared to the much smaller number labeled "actual profit". I'd prefer to just call in sick that day.
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,887 ★★★★★
    Naah Bro i rather want some arena improvements for all or a new mastery system (2.0 is the famous term).

Customizing my character is not really what I want
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,114 ★★★★★
    >skins
    Ew
    No thanks.
    Not the game for them.
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    They constantly fail at keeping up with their existing responsibilities / commitments

There is no way they can provide for such level of customisation
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 5,034 ★★★★★
    Your skins idea is already a no go. Case in point, we have multiple versions of cap. Iron man etc. Look at Iron fist, they gave him his white costume as a completely separate champ with nearly identical abilities. If they want to give a skin, they'll just make a new champ.
  • Options
    I’ve been wanting this for awhile just so I can have burning man King Groot
  • Options

This already exists lol

Good lord what abomination is this
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,970 ★★★★★
    they considered skins years back, and didn't go with it. As I said last time someone brought this up: that ship has not only sailed, it's now at its destination.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    They would monetize this, and then YTbers would make vids about how greedy it is to monetize it...its a Lose/Lose
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Skins are often a purely premium option in games, it wouldn’t even work if they were available for units.

Usually games have a premium currency only accessible via money which is made available to f2ps in meagre, insignificant amounts, as we don’t have that, the only option is to directly ask money for skins, which, I dunno, there’s probably bigger issues with selling cosmetics directly instead of a currency.
  • Options
    StarSmasher2001StarSmasher2001 Posts: 234 ★★
    Skins would essentially mean that no champions would ever get variants ever again.

Let me use an example. You already had Dr. Doom in the game. Why would you bother making Infamous Iron Man a champion when you could just slap a skin on Dr. Doom and call it a day? No need to design a new kit, nothing. DDHK could be a skin for DD classic, Cap WWII for Cap classic, etc. Champion skins are not the way to go because it could potentially take away from potentially interesting characters and variants in the roster.
  • Options

Skins would essentially mean that no champions would ever get variants ever again.

Let me use an example. You already had Dr. Doom in the game. Why would you bother making Infamous Iron Man a champion when you could just slap a skin on Dr. Doom and call it a day? No need to design a new kit, nothing. DDHK could be a skin for DD classic, Cap WWII for Cap classic, etc. Champion skins are not the way to go because it could potentially take away from potentially interesting characters and variants in the roster.

My main point with this is to get rid of certain characters who literally do the exact same thing, like if you remember back in the day DDHK didn’t even have unique fighting animations, he was literally just a shadow character of OGDD, i personally think this wont stop them from making unique character variations as long as there is enough difference between the two so people like Infamous Ironman would still exist as it is a completely different concept than classic Dr Doom
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,989 Guardian

Yes while i do understand this, i was merely presenting a unique idea and even if they are made to price them up remarkably as long as there was still an in-game long term method of achieving the skins you desire (even if you have to grind a bit) I think it would still be worth it. Also i think 10,000 units is a bit exaggerated 😂, i really dont think Kabam could get away with making £300 skin’s without being mauled by the community, not even Valorant skins are that expensive!
    The monetization issues are the least of your problems. The more show-stopping problem is that such a move would need to get approved by Marvel, and Marvel is highly unlikely to do so. I was surprised they allowed Kabam the lattitude they got in MROC. Marvel absolutely does not like people fiddling with the look and feel of their iconic characters outside of their specific control. This is a well-known Marvel specific attitude in the industry.