**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Another “Is this fight doable?” thread

Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 781 ★★★★
I don’t play Invisible Woman much and mine isn’t awakened. How do you play her to take down a R2 Gorr in 40s and end at 100% health running recoil masteries? Does her force field combined with will power allow her to heal when it’s up?

Comments

• Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,571 ★★★★★
    With full health running suicides in 40 seconds? Not likely.
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,279 ★★★★★

90% less damage while force field is active. Doesn't seem possible that she finished with full health. But I don't use her ever so I don't know for sure. Force Field wears off after a few seconds.

No that's invisibility that wears off. Force field needs to be depleted like Peni shield. Not sure if the force field is enough to absorb all the suicide damage in 40 sec tho. So I'm not sure if this fight is doable
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    BeastDad said:

It's not necessarily suicides.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,571 ★★★★★

BeastDad said:

It's not necessarily suicides.
    Ok, it is not likely with recoil mastery alone either.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,440 ★★★★★
    xLunatiXx said:

90% less damage while force field is active. Doesn't seem possible that she finished with full health. But I don't use her ever so I don't know for sure. Force Field wears off after a few seconds.

No that's invisibility that wears off. Force field needs to be depleted like Peni shield. Not sure if the force field is enough to absorb all the suicide damage in 40 sec tho. So I'm not sure if this fight is doable
    Ah yes, they're different mechanics. That's right. I've never used her as an attacker. But I agree, with what you said. It doesn't seem possible as she also received 28 hits. I don't think she could heal back, even with recoil masteries, to full health.
  • Options
    Canucks37Canucks37 Posts: 85

xLunatiXx said:

Ah yes, they're different mechanics. That's right. I've never used her as an attacker. But I agree, with what you said. It doesn't seem possible as she also received 28 hits. I don't think she could heal back, even with recoil masteries, to full health.
    In Battlegrounds there is a bug that registers blocked hits as hits for the post fight screen, so she didnt actually get hit 28 times.

I would agree with others though that this seems unlikely unless there is a massive rank difference just because IW is not a fast champion whatsoever
  • Options
    They did have liquid courage on based on the damage listed in my fight stats. I don’t remember if they had double edge also or not.

Even 28 blocked hits plus liquid courage seems like a lot to heal but I don’t run willpower or use her so I’m just curious if this is repeatable.

I don’t know what rank their champs were either. Is there a way to tell within Battlegrounds after the match is over? The name has some weird characters at the beginning so I can’t search it to see if they’re at the top of the profile.

Here’s the first fight of the match for more context. They did take a little damage here but also took out an R2 Sauron in presumably 12 actual hits unless they lost their combo.

• Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    To me they look like legit fights.
    A lot of people don't use IW so they don't know but IW can deal some massive damage on her sp2 if she's invisible with enough fragility debuffs on the opponent.

The only sus part of all this is that the guy had recoil or suicides, and I'm not sure if she can keep 100% health through all that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★★★
    Are you sure they were running suicides? Cause I think both of these fights are doable if they weren't, but very impossible if they were. The fact that this Hulk took seemingly no recoil or double edge damage makes me think they probably just weren't running suicides and these fights are hard but doable.
  • Options
    Yeah, it was the 100% health with at least recoil and liquid courage and 28 hits taken even if they were blocked that made me wonder what was going on.
  • Options

Yeah, it was the 100% health with at least recoil and liquid courage and 28 hits taken even if they were blocked that made me wonder what was going on.

I honestly just don't think they were running recoil and liquid courage. The percentages of poison damage and bleed damage taken are completely accurate to how Gorr works. Invisible Woman can definitely take 28 blocked hits with her force field absorbing 90% of the damage, and she can be really fast if played right. I'm not entirely sure, but these fights seem mostly fine to me.
  • Options

But why do you think they were using recoil and LC.

Do you have screenshots of your fights?
  • Options

• Options

Notice the Absorbing Man not taking poison damage. They definitely weren't running liquid courage.
  • Options
    Notice the damage listed under finishing blow…
  • Options
    Night_RiderNight_Rider Posts: 32
    edited July 2023
    I think that this is a potential modder, in the hulk fight it shows that sauron took special attack damage, and in the abs man screenshot you can see liquid courage damage ticks under the finishing blows info box which means recoil has to be active and hulk is at 96.5% health and recoil takes a guaranteed 5% health at r1, unless I'm missing an ability hulk has where he reduces damage I think this may be worth looking into by kabam
  • Options

Ohh damn I didn't know it ever got wiped off the top 3, you're right. Then maybe the hulk fight isn't doable, assuming they went with Sp1's. I imagine they could take him out in one Sp2 if it crit without taking recoil damage. The invisible woman fight still seems doable to me health wise due to the force field and healing from debuffs, it's just the damage that I think is off. Definitely send in a support ticket, at least they'll know
  • Options

I think that this is a potential modder, in the hulk fight it shows that sauron took special attack damage, and in the abs man screenshot you can see liquid courage damage ticks under the finishing blows info box which means recoil has to be active and hulk is at 96.5% health and recoil takes a guaranteed 5% health at r1, unless I'm missing an ability hulk has where he reduces damage I think this may be worth looking into by kabam

If you finish a fight with a special, you don't take the recoil damage since the recoil happens after the special and they'd be dead by then
  • Options
    Night_RiderNight_Rider Posts: 32

Ohh damn I didn't know it ever got wiped off the top 3, you're right. Then maybe the hulk fight isn't doable, assuming they went with Sp1's. I imagine they could take him out in one Sp2 if it crit without taking recoil damage. The invisible woman fight still seems doable to me health wise due to the force field and healing from debuffs, it's just the damage that I think is off. Definitely send in a support ticket, at least they'll know
    Thing is the biggest hit is only 14k which is nowhere near enough damage to be both a crit and a fight finisher
  • Options

Thing is the biggest hit is only 14k which is nowhere near enough damage to be both a crit and a fight finisher
    You're right, but with LC, that was probably a medium attack crit. My guess is, they took a few hits to the face which helped build Fury passives faster, dealt a bunch of damage with basic attacks, then finished the fight with a non critical special. It's definitely doable and explains how he lost that 4.5% health without recoil damage, but again, seems difficult.
  • Options

Are you sure they were running suicides? Cause I think both of these fights are doable if they weren't, but very impossible if they were.

It's definitely doable and explains how he lost that 4.5% health without recoil damage, but again, seems difficult.

You went from “very impossible with suicides” to “definitely doable” pretty quick.

• Options

Are you sure they were running suicides? Cause I think both of these fights are doable if they weren't, but very impossible if they were.

It's definitely doable and explains how he lost that 4.5% health without recoil damage, but again, seems difficult.

You went from “very impossible with suicides” to “definitely doable” pretty quick.

Yeah, with more information I changed perspectives. That's how information and critical thinking works. Thanks, though!
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 822 ★★★★
    First fight is extremely unlikely. Unless you placed a 6r1 Gorr I don’t see anything other than modding.

The Hulk fight is entirely doable.
  • Options
    I think you're over thinking this.

Those fights are doable, kabam features for recording hits, ending blows and Max hit aren't the best. Even If they were pin point accurate, those fights are still doable.
  • Options
    My surprise is more in how confident you are in every response. You gave two very definitive and totally opposite responses to the same situation.

You also said the poison damage is “completely accurate for how Gorr works” because you didn’t believe they were running liquid courage.

When you speak in absolutes it doesn’t leave a lot of room for changing your mind without hurting your credibility. You’ve made two very emphatic but completely inaccurate statements in this thread alone.

Liquid courage was involved so the poison wasn’t “completely accurate” and something can’t be very impossible and also definitely doable so one of those two is wrong. I’m just saying maybe tone down the level of the response if you aren’t sure.

• Options

My surprise is more in how confident you are in every response. You gave two very definitive and totally opposite responses to the same situation.

You also said the poison damage is “completely accurate for how Gorr works” because you didn’t believe they were running liquid courage.

When you speak in absolutes it doesn’t leave a lot of room for changing your mind without hurting your credibility. You’ve made two very emphatic but completely inaccurate statements in this thread alone.

Liquid courage was involved so the poison wasn’t “completely accurate” and something can’t be very impossible and also definitely doable so one of those two is wrong. I’m just saying maybe tone down the level of the response if you aren’t sure.

I speak in absolutes because I personally... want to. That's it. It's my way of talking, there's nothing wrong with that. Would you prefer it if I just said "maybe 🥺 ummm 🥺 maybe that fight is doable 🥺 idk thats so silly nevewmind"?

I still believe the poison and bleed percentages are extremely accurate to how Gorr works. He starts by being able to apply bleeds, which is why the bleed percentage is much higher. He then can apply poisons. Whether they had suicides or not, those bleed and poison stats are accurate to how a Gorr fight is most likely to turn out. But either way, as long as she has her force field she should be healing from the debuffs.

I'm not gonna act less sure about what I believe to be true in a discussion. That just doesn't make any sense. After hearing multiple perspectives and having more time to look at the stats, I came to my conclusion. And if I hear more perspectives or see something I didn't notice before, I will change it again.
  • Options
    Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,014 ★★★★
    edited July 2023
    I call BS purely based on fight duration, only ideal counters are doing fights in less than 40 seconds.

That’s assuming champs are of similar ranks. If it’s an r4/5 against r1 then maybe.
  • Options
    Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★

I don’t know what rank their champs were either. Is there a way to tell within Battlegrounds after the match is over? The name has some weird characters at the beginning so I can’t search it to see if they’re at the top of the profile.

If you go to the matchup screen in battle history you can view their profile by clicking on their picture (same way you'd report them), might not be able to see if IW is one of their top champs but can see the general strength of it and assume what their deck would be compiled of.