Kate Bishop Rebalance?

PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,383 ★★★★★
Was wondering if we’re close to an update on this? She looks great for the next BGs node , but I’ve been putting off the r4 until the rebalance news. Most likely she won’t change but given the lack of structure in the game lately, nothing would surprise me.

Comments

• Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,377 ★★★★★
    2 weeks into July now with no update so I’m wondering what’s taking so long this time
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,779 ★★★★★
    She has exceptionally high skill cap.
    Trust me, I play her daily.
    And she does not even come close to get rebalanced in my eyes.
    That's just what I'm predicting atm.
    I have a r4 sig 100.
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,383 ★★★★★
    Hop

I have a r4 sig 100.

That’s what it sounds like on paper though. Emphasis on paper. The zemo and cassie serve as a precedent that champs even after their rebalance posts are made, can be , and likely will still change.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,419 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

Hop

I have a r4 sig 100.

That’s what it sounds like on paper though. Emphasis on paper. The zemo and cassie serve as a precedent that champs even after their rebalance posts are made, can be , and likely will still change.
    So two champs’ rebalancing situations define how the rest will go, but the dozens of other rebalancing that do not fit your narrative do not?

Squammo said:

BeastDad said:

Really regretting taking her to r4 now…

Can’t even imagine what “bug” will be “fixed” to ruin her.

I think there actually might be a bug with her, that I haven’t seen mentioned much so far. Her special 2 not applying any of her trick arrow effects if it’s not a perfect release.
    When I do this it applies 1 arrow, two with perfect release.
    Since the rebalancing program started, it has always been best practice to withhold rank ups until you see what they do, if anything. If RU materials are rare for you, this is especially good advice.

Zemo/root was not a rebalancing, though, so holding off on his rank-up until then would not have changed anything.

• Nameless_IWNameless_IW Member Posts: 994 ★★★★
    Polygon said:

Was wondering if we’re close to an update on this? She looks great for the next BGs node , but I’ve been putting off the r4 until the rebalance news. Most likely she won’t change but given the lack of structure in the game lately, nothing would surprise me.

Even if the rebalance comes around and she is untouched, nothing in this world will stop kabam from nerfing her later on. Take a look at what happened to Baron Zemo LMAO
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Polygon said:

Hop

I have a r4 sig 100.

So two champs’ rebalancing situations define how the rest will go, but the dozens of other rebalancing that do not fit your narrative do not?

It's not a narrative. Precedent exists. So it's a possibility. And we don't always know what could be a bug. Sometimes it's a description error, sometimes it's a functional error and sometimes it's both
  • MDxMDx Member Posts: 96

Polygon said:

Hop

I have a r4 sig 100.

what they mean is it opens a possibility for them to be changed after the rebalance cuz we have previous such examples.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,404 Guardian
    The people in charge of doing the rebalancing might be having their efforts refocused to cleaning up the mess that came last week, I would say hope for this week, but it might be more realistic to expect it the week after.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,868 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

Hop

I have a r4 sig 100.

That's always been the precedent, and it always will be. It's very clear in the hand ToS that Kabam can amend any champion at any time.
    Giving people compensation or RDTs is only something they do as a PR exercise - they're under no obligation to do so.

There have been many times champs have been changed without warning. It's happened before, and it will happen again - particularly in the event of unintentional rotations that allow you to easily keep the opponent pinned/power locked with essentially zero chance of escape.

Some have been big, some smaller. Some have been 'bugs', some have been unintended abilities that came from unusual animations/hitboxes, or abilities that synergised in a particular way.

She-Hulk had an ability to Heavy chain that was unintentional, and taken away

Once upon a time, Drax used to counter Evade with his double-medium, and was ranked up as a Mordo counter

Most analogous to the recent Root changes to Kraven/Zemo, Gwenpool used to have a 100% bleed chance on her Heavy that meant following an SP2, she could keep any non-bleed-immune opponent in the corner with 100% uptime on Enervate and spam Heavy attacks forever.

So let's be clear: Kabam can and will change any champion at any time. They'll particularly do this in situations that enable champions to trivialise content with little or no skill (like the Gwenpool Heavy spam, or the Zemo Lock).
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Member Posts: 1,198 ★★★★

Since the rebalancing program started, it has always been best practice to withhold rank ups until you see what they do, if anything. If RU materials are rare for you, this is especially good advice.

Zemo/root was not a rebalancing, though, so holding off on his rank-up until then would not have changed anything.

I got him like last month and at that point his rebalance was announced and then they still managed to nerf him
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Member Posts: 1,508 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

She definitely needs toned down. Too op right now.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,067 ★★★★★
    It’s wild to me how successful this approach has been but since Zemo it feels like at least one of the 2 champs is released knowingly bugged and then instead of a rebalancing announcement we get a bug fix report.

Kate has been bugged on her Sp2 since release, so hoping that is minimally addressed but like Future Antman I’m now wondering if there are any bugs we didn’t even know about
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,118 ★★★★★
    edited July 2023
    Sometime in September

“This isn’t rebalancing Kate….

But if I can call attention to Trello buried down in the list, we decided passive Cold Snaps can’t exist in the game anymore.

This isn’t a Kate rebalancing.. just fixing our intent. Everyone should be fine with that.”
  • ZekirZekir Member Posts: 155 ★★
    edited July 2023
    As someone that never uses her SP2, I'm glad to hear about this.

Edit: Just tested this, her SP2 is applying just fine, whether perfect released or not. Am I missing something?
  • UnOriginalUnOriginal Member Posts: 727 ★★★
    edited July 2023

With the root nerf precedent, we should be safe to rank her in 2025.

I think a ~2018 character that might get nerfed for a 'bug' is probably agent venom (sinergized)
    While i R3 him to get use of the winter soldier relic and to boost my scorp i wont deny he is a bit Broken (aside of inmune champs)
    Why almost all of character we are talking about are skill?
    Im pretty sure th
  • UnOriginalUnOriginal Member Posts: 727 ★★★

Polygon said:

Hop

I have a r4 sig 100.

Once upon a time, Drax used to counter Evade with his double-medium, and was ranked up as a Mordo counter

Archangel sweating ... Over something quité small ...that barely anyone uses him for...i wonder why It wasnt fixed now that you mencion It i mean none ranked archangel up for that
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,779 ★★★★★

I have a r4 sig 100.

Eyyoo
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    Check Trello first ;)
  • SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Member Posts: 1,314 ★★★★★
    Rank 5 max sig Zemo in his most ideal matchup vs rank 4 unawakened Kate in her most average matchup
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,276 ★★★★★
    Zekir said:

As someone that never uses her SP2, I'm glad to hear about this.

Edit: Just tested this, her SP2 is applying just fine, whether perfect released or not. Am I missing something?

She was bugfixed this update