**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

So let's talk about the current state of the game

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,377 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    XFREEDOMX said:

I just don't understand why do FTP have to compete with whales?πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

They don't. They never did. They never will. They never have to.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 5,060 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Pikolu said:

Things aren't even near 12.0 levels yet, I'll just wait it out as I always have and always will. Bad things happen sometimes, but the game moves on.

Also what we're experiencing is basically minimal bugs considering the age of the game and how much legacy code is in the game. I'm pretty sure most, if not all, the original developers and engineers for the game aren't there anymore, so you lose crucial knowledge of how the legacy code and engine works. For an 8.5 year old game that is way more complex and has also grown more than what its creators had in mind for it, the game is doing pretty well.

This month's update with the mythic crystals fiasco is hopefully a wakeup call for the QA or whoever approves the store/rewards to doublecheck and triplecheck the rewards to make sure it is 1. The right item and 2. The right amount of it.

I agree that the last crystal issue should hopefully create some discussion with Kabam on rethinking how they do releases. I'm really hoping that's the case anyway.

I don't agree that the game is doing well given its age. 8.5 years seems like a long time but the development world, it's really not. They can't control changes in the Unity engine (which i believe is a cop-out for other development issues, but that's another conversation in itself), but legacy code should be modular, well documented, and portable. Transferring to other developers is common, there should be systems in place where incoming devs are able to take over with minimal onboarding. In the case where they aren't, it's best to take a step back and sometimes rework the code. It's a PITA, it sucks to do (I've done it), but in the long run it makes things a lot less painful like what we're experiencing now.
    8.5 years in development world is an eternity actually.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 5,060 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Coppin said:

You can defend the game saying that bugs happen in every game; but this ammount?... The ammount of bugs this month is BEYOND ridiculous

Its still nowhere near last summer when phones were being damaged from over heating.
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

Coppin said:

You can defend the game saying that bugs happen in every game; but this ammount?... The ammount of bugs this month is BEYOND ridiculous

Its still nowhere near last summer when phones were being damaged from over heating.
    God I remember that. Wasn't that a few years ago?
  • Options
    DUHveedDUHveed Posts: 353 β˜…β˜…β˜…

Buttehrs said:

Coppin said:

God I remember that. Wasn't that a few years ago?
    Definitely was a few years ago, wanna say like 3-4. It was more prominent than the murmurs I’d heard about last year
  • Options
    Vergeman78Vergeman78 Posts: 132 β˜…β˜…
    XFREEDOMX said:

F2P or low spenders could never compete with whales wherein money always gave you a competitive advantage and that has always been accepted. The July 4th offers this time around just went completely overboard versus what you could earn in the game. But, as it has always been the case, catching up to the whales has always been possible within a few months. Just look at the first 6r5’s being achieved at the banquet event and the release of Carina’s v3 a few months later with the r5 gem at the end of it.

The difference this time around is the overall quantity of materials available for purchase yet, impossible to get in game. I believe Kabam is planning to improve rewards and store structures but will it be enough? Only time will tell.

I just find sad the fact you used to pay to gain a competitive advantage when now, you have to pay to remain relevant.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,455 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Coppin said:

https://dcgamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/17537396306579-Injustice-2-Mobile-Update-5-8
    This is the latest patch notes from Injustice 2. These are the things they fixed from the last patch. This doesn't in include any active bugs.

Here's MCOCs bug fixes from last update

I can't imagine you can list more 3 or 4 bugs really that we're actively talking from this last update.
  • Options

XFREEDOMX said:

F2P or low spenders could never compete with whales wherein money always gave you a competitive advantage and that has always been accepted. The July 4th offers this time around just went completely overboard versus what you could earn in the game. But, as it has always been the case, catching up to the whales has always been possible within a few months. Just look at the first 6r5’s being achieved at the banquet event and the release of Carina’s v3 a few months later with the r5 gem at the end of it.

The difference this time around is the overall quantity of materials available for purchase yet, impossible to get in game. I believe Kabam is planning to improve rewards and store structures but will it be enough? Only time will tell.

I just find sad the fact you used to pay to gain a competitive advantage when now, you have to pay to remain relevant.
    Relevant in what way? Relevant to whales? You're never going to be at the top of you aren't spending. Relevance doesn't matter unless you're competing for that top spot. You should be playing for your own enjoyment and not for relevance.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Zuko_ILC said:

Coppin said:

https://dcgamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/17537396306579-Injustice-2-Mobile-Update-5-8
    This is the latest patch notes from Injustice 2. These are the things they fixed from the last patch. This doesn't in include any active bugs.

I can't imagine you can list more 3 or 4 bugs really that we're actively talking from this last update.
    Maybe it's because mcoc bugs linger for months and most aren't announced. That's what I've seen for 7 years. Never seen another game where major game modes are broke for several months.
    I'm sure if you looked hard enough, you can find them. Again, those are just the things that were fixed from last update to current.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,995 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited July 2023
    All kidding aside, the game economy is a huge problem for me right now and so is the content drought.

Check out this run from September to April (8 months):
    EOP bargaining (ran from 8/31 for 7 weeks)
    8.1 in Sept 22
    EOP denial
    EOP Acceptance and Carina v3 in Jan 23
    8.2 in April 23

We also had Cyber Weekend, the Banquet, Romance sales, and Spring Cleaning, all of which did a decent job at offering something to the f2p/low spend crowd. (I’d put myself in the latter group. I buy the unit card and spend 30-50 bucks 2-3 times per year). The paragon loyalty store was newly added right before this, and AQ got an update in November.

Here’s a list of all the content releases and store improvements from May to now (3 months):

The BG store was updated. There were July 4 deals. They added the shooting stars quest/limited event.
  • Options
    Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    it's an almost 10 yr old mobile game guys. if you want a lot of new stuff play a new game. these copy paste posts are from like 3-4 yrs ago so if y'all really have a problem then stop spending or dedicating time to this game that isn't going to change to be whatever dream you have for it. people are still gonna spend, bugs are still gonna exist, and Kabam is still going to be a business appeasing shareholders.
  • Options
    Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Posts: 680 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Like others have said, since the start of the game people have been saying it's about to die or has reached a tipping point. But it hasn't yet.
    It's also important to remember that the Forums make up an incredibly small amount of the playerbase, we'll always be the most vocal and passionate, so the drama that takes place here is relatively small compared tot the main player base.

HOWEVER, I think it's unacceptable that nearly every time a new feature comes out it's broken in one way or another.

Last month's SQ introduced timed solo objectives... Could be claimed from stash

New AW placement... broken leading to delays of season

This month's rifts... players could repeat it

I don't even remember what else broke for the SQ last month, but something did and we got comp for it

But I think Kabam is well aware of this, and I highly doubt this is something they WANT to have happen, the game having bugs/breaking is in nobody's best interest and I feel like people seem to forget that sometimes

I won't touch on the other points discussed here because I've been rambling for way too long already
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,995 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    @Noob_Master69 i wanna call attention to the war delays. I hate war but I play the hell out of it for the rewards.

BG rewards were increased to encourage more play and make that worthwhile with war down. War has now been delayed, so at this point we’re back in the hole.

Frankly, I already expected to be in the hole because the reward structure for the milestones means that rank reward placement will be FAR more competitive than before. In the end, many will get more milestones and fewer rank rewards, and they’ll have less than if they did a war season. And that’s before the new delay is factored in.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,518 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited July 2023

1. Bugs have always existed. You're not going to get rid of them.

5. I'm not sure how much more testing you want the handful of champion/content designers to do. They can't test for every device out there. It's impossible. How do you test for every little interaction that can happen? How do you plan for things the community finds a champ can do from a specific rotation?

I don't disagree with the majority of your post but on the testing aspect, some of the more recent issues like the Zemo Root issue, should have been caught in early early testing, like the first test they did. Something that amateur and gamebreaking should never "creep (loudly kick and scream)" it's way into the contest.

As for the first point, bugs have always been prevalent it happens, but when a core mechanic the most important aspect, the controls and inputs, haven't been functioning for literal years, something is amiss, it's embarrassing and by all accounts the consistent compensation shouldn't have been done away since the issue never went away.

The sheer volume of bugs this month seems to be triggering a lot more of these types of posts, Alliance war being on extended break for bugs, to be replaced by a BG focused season, only for BG to be launched bugged was bad, the new AW placing and matching being bugged on launch, and arena express being bugged all of a sudden and taking almost a week out of a P2P service to hotfix. Meanwhile having players being able to do all 5 paths of the first rift and handing out 1250 mythic crystals. That's a standard years worth of gamebreaking bugs in under a month.

I'm not going to compare the game to a huge company game, because thatd just be silly but comparing this month's state of affairs to the past few years, it's wholly unacceptable levels of bugs, gameplay, communication and handling of the situation.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,248 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Checks calendar . . . it's Wednesday . . . yup, the weekly "the game is dying" post is right on schedule . . . rolls eyes.

• Options

5. I'm not sure how much more testing you want the handful of champion/content designers to do. They can't test for every device out there. It's impossible. How do you test for every little interaction that can happen? How do you plan for things the community finds a champ can do from a specific rotation?

I don't disagree with the majority of your post but on the testing aspect, some of the more recent issues like the Zemo Root issue, should have been caught in early early testing, like the first test they did. Something that amateur and gamebreaking should never "creep (loudly kick and scream)" it's way into the contest.

As for the first point, bugs have always been prevalent it happens, but when a core mechanic the most important aspect, the controls and inputs, haven't been functioning for literal years, something is amiss, it's embarrassing and by all accounts the consistent compensation shouldn't have been done away since the issue never went away.

The sheer volume of bugs this month seems to be triggering a lot more of these types of posts, Alliance war being on extended break for bugs, to be replaced by a BG focused season, only for BG to be launched bugged was bad, the new AW placing and matching being bugged on launch, and arena express being bugged all of a sudden and taking almost a week out of a P2P service to hotfix. Meanwhile having players being able to do all 5 paths of the first rift and handing out 1250 mythic crystals. That's a standard years worth of gamebreaking bugs in under a month.

I'm not going to compare the game to a huge company game, because thatd just be silly but comparing this month's state of affairs to the past few years, it's wholly unacceptable levels of bugs, gameplay, communication and handling of the situation.
    You say "sheer" amount of bugs. How many is that? There were a couple major bugs at the very beginning for new content but not enough to qualify as "sheer". You're acting like there's like 100 new bugs. It's just that a few of the bugs have been big ones like the shards/crystals. AW is bugged but it's not like the season started and they can always push back the season.

Input issues are an individual experience. This ones difficult because not everyone is experiencing them. Sometimes I feel like I have some wonky stuff but can never recreate them. There is always talk of input issues here on the forums but this is a concentrated amount of players, not necessarily the whole player base. I'm not saying they don't exist but it's not as widespread as you probably believe. Again, mechanics as complicated as MCOC, it's not something that's easy to fix for everyone.
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Coppin said:

Maybe it's because mcoc bugs linger for months and most aren't announced. That's what I've seen for 7 years. Never seen another game where major game modes are broke for several months.
    I'm sure if you looked hard enough, you can find them. Again, those are just the things that were fixed from last update to current.
    Do you play Injustice? If you do then you know for a fact their game modes aren't down all the time. Since you are arguing that they have major game modes down you do the research and report back to me.

Every update they screw something up. And it's not on only a few older devices. It's everyone. They have no quality control and don't test. This has been their Achilles heal since day one. They just got lucky with a loyal fan base.
    i would not go as far to say they have no quality control and do no testing.

maybe their quality control is not high enough and they don't do enough testing.

but i am sure if the did no testing then even less would work there would be so much more wrong.
    anyone who does programming knows that the code is never perfect from the start.

be careful when exaggerating in comments as it can easily undermine the entirety of everything you say just by having one exaggeration. you know, someone reads that and then just says, "this bloke is an idiot and has no idea and just talks ****" and then they just ignore anything you say that may be true and accurate.
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 373 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    TyEdge said:

In 2021, when I put issues went wild, the state of the game was Florida - chaotic but plenty of features and perks to keep you coming back. At this point, it’s more like West Virginia. You’ve been here a really long time and you’re broke so you’re basically gonna stay whether you want to or not.

As a Florida native and current resident (did live in MD for a couple of years), you're pretty spot on. If there was ever a show of "States Gone Wild", Florida may very well top the list.
  • Options

2. The economy will never be equal for anyone willing to spend money. It really doesn't matter as you'll never compete with them.
    3. Every game out there has modders. Let's not pretend that MCOC is an anomaly. I've honestly seen more hackers in COD and Fortnite than I've seen in MCOC and I play this game daily. You're never going to stop them.
    4. The game is always dying. Every month. Every bump in the road. It's been dying since it's release.
    6. You want new content but you want to slow down content?
    7. Again, having just the CCP test new content won't work plus we already have betas for story content.
    8. They've had cash offers for the entirety of.the game and it's going on 9 years... Not exactly short term.

You've given nothing that's a new idea. Everything you've said has been suggested dozens of times.

But yes, for 500th time and 9th year in a row, the game is dying.

1) You'll never get rid of ALL the bugs, but you can minimize how many of them there are. Compared to most games, the amount of bugs exceeds what most reasonable developers would deem acceptable.

2) Sort of, kind of true but not really. The economy will never be equal, but it doesn't have to be so drastic. The last July 4th deals are a great example, there has never been a case where you could just buy your way through 5 years of doing content like what those deals were.

3) Also true that most games have modders, and MCOC is not an anomaly. But the security measures taken by kabam compared to something like COD (I don't play Fortnite so i can't speak to that) is extremely minimal. Also the incentive to mod in COD is a lot higher (monetization, tournaments, things of that nature) so you have a LOT more people making mods for it. You're comparing apples to oranges here. Also they have a much more advanced system in place for modder detection after the fact. Yes there will always be modders, because as I mentioned, nothing is unhackable. But at least make it moderately difficult.

4) I've never said it was dying. I said it was at a tipping point. And prior to this I never believed it was at a tipping point.

5) Again, there's a difference between doing everything and doing the minimum possible. I'm not asking them to test every device, every interaction. I'm asking them to increase their testing procedures. There's a pattern forming here where you take an argument and look at it from an extreme view to try and invalidate it. That doesn't work.

6) You can make new content, at a slower pace, after better testing and verification to minimize bugs.

7) Having the CCP be the testers is exactly what i said wasn't acceptable. Please read.

8) Take a look back at number 2.
    1. Great, so you seem to know so well that they should be minimized and obviously have an extensive background in mobile game development. So can you tell me why I've never experienced the disconnect bug where it gives me an automatic loss but many others have?
    2. What about the games economy has an effect on you that it matters so deeply?
    3. Kabam is leagues better with modders than before. They haven't had much of a need until battlegrounds. Again, what's your background in terms that you you can speak to the level of Kabams security? What steps should they take with their processes that will make it to where it's at your satisfaction?
    4. Pretty sure you have dying in there somewhere.
    5. Why do you think they're doing the minimum? Because bugs exist? What procedures are they missing?
    6. We already get new content at a slow pace. Story content is every 6 months. Things like EoP is even fewer in-between so how much slower faster do you want?
    7. You said at first you don't want CCP to test things and want intern testing and then later, you said you want CCP to test new content at the expense of it taking longer.
    8. They aren't going to stop cash offers.
    Every single day you defend kabam like a little puppy. Are they paying you for it? I have never seen a comment from you with more likes than dislikes, matter of fact most of the time you got atleast 10-20 dislikes. You stick to your opinion that the game is perfect, which is crazy because everyone disagrees with you. Yet you still take the time to argue with every person who states their opinion on this game. Take some time off the Forums and touch grass dude.
    He's definitely sarcastic, but I see some valid points in there.
    Things aren't perfect. They've made good progress in some areas, and others need more work. That's normal.
    They can't test in a live environment and get the data that going live on the server gives. Things will inevitably come up during that process.
    The whole bit about the economy comes up every major sale. People think it's too much, and it offsets some kind of imaginary balance between spenders and free Players. Although not completely imaginary, because the game needs to remain accessible and playable for free, it's not as drastic as people say. In 8 and a half years, the game is still here. In those 8 and a half years, people have spoken out about sales as if they're going to phase F2Ps out of the game. In 8 and a half years, people have played for free, for whatever reason.
    The game may be dying someday. That's just a plausible possibility. There is no guarantee it will run forever. It's still very much alive.
    I'd say they're due for some end-game content for sure. Things like that take time.
    They have progressed significantly with cheating. They will continue to work on it.

Honestly, these Posts tend to rabble-rouse more than help. People are certainly free to express their concerns. I don't dispute that. The problem is, issues are dealt with on an individual basis. Creating a list like this magnifies things, and distorts the situation.
    TL:DR - Exaggeration
  • Options
    Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Maat1985 said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Coppin said:

Do you play Injustice? If you do then you know for a fact their game modes aren't down all the time. Since you are arguing that they have major game modes down you do the research and report back to me.

Every update they screw something up. And it's not on only a few older devices. It's everyone. They have no quality control and don't test. This has been their Achilles heal since day one. They just got lucky with a loyal fan base.
    i would not go as far to say they have no quality control and do no testing.

maybe their quality control is not high enough and they don't do enough testing.

but i am sure if the did no testing then even less would work there would be so much more wrong.
    anyone who does programming knows that the code is never perfect from the start.

be careful when exaggerating in comments as it can easily undermine the entirety of everything you say just by having one exaggeration. you know, someone reads that and then just says, "this bloke is an idiot and has no idea and just talks ****" and then they just ignore anything you say that may be true and accurate.
    You can't say their is any level of quality control with the amount of bugs that are released every update. I've been playing for 7 years. The player base has been the beta testers. This is well known. They don't have enough employees to have proper quality controls in place.
This discussion has been closed.