Server Outage Information - Discussion Thread

1131416181924

Comments

  • DroidDoesDroidDoes Posts: 292
    Lialechka wrote: »
    The announcement says free aq, how come we are paying for it?

    Yep was coming on here to say the same. Running map 5 and showing the normal resource costs. Was it meant for today, or the next series or AQ?
  • Adamdrt2006Adamdrt2006 Posts: 422
    DroidDoes wrote: »
    Lialechka wrote: »
    The announcement says free aq, how come we are paying for it?

    Yep was coming on here to say the same. Running map 5 and showing the normal resource costs. Was it meant for today, or the next series or AQ?

    Should be the next series
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,454 ★★★★★
    Lialechka wrote: »
    The announcement says free aq, how come we are paying for it?
    Starting next run.
  • I run do a Legends run every month. This time I picked the day there were serious maintenance issues. How do I go about showing that the items and units were wasted?
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 256 ★★
    @Ad0ra_ any insight to my question about brackets for the rerun arenas? Will those of us who were in intermediate and beginner during the affected arenas be placed back in that bracket during the reruns or will we have to try and attempt the rerun in veterans? Because as far as I'm concerned a rerun in veterans does nothing for us as we won't have any chance at getting the rewards.
  • Adamdrt2006Adamdrt2006 Posts: 422
    CoquiFongo wrote: »
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    JFerg114 wrote: »
    Hmmm....... is strange that it is taking longer to come with the in-game compensation package than it did to fix the actual problem. When between the two this should be infinitely easier. Smells like the Android Log In Compensation is coming with all its wonderful Kabam Appreciation.

    I mean, I can understand why you might feel that way I guess, but it really isn't that weird - this situation is incredibly complex in some ways, and there are a lot of moving parts involved. One session of downtime is one thing, but several over the course of a 24 hour period or so, and things get really tricky. Especially when you factor in different events running at different times, different players in different modes, different impacts, different time zones.... lots for us to discuss there.

    One thing that some players may not realize as well, is that when it comes to in-game messages, it takes us some time to get them translated to every single language we support the game in. We try not to use the 'lofty standards' message too much anymore, because we also want to be a bit more explicit in why we're doing what we're doing. Instead of a generic 'we sucked, here's some stuff!' message that can be confusing at times. This is part of why we've seen some people say they haven't seen this message in a while. It's true, but it's not because we haven't done other things to address unique situations that have arisen - we've been trying to approach each situation differently to do a better job of explaining how it relates to each other.

    Thank you for clarifying the "lofty standards" question. I appreciate that.

    A suggestion for a package would be the "offer" you are promoting in the store for Questing Bundle. Maybe tone it down some but that sounds like it would appease the masses.

    This lol
  • Hey folks, we've just posted another update surrounding even more compensation stuff here: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/234553/#Comment_234553

    It's not the last update on this topic, but we wanted to give you more information before heading into the weekend! More to come soon.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 635 ★★★
    does that include the sig stones?
  • So from what I understand you only get the compensation rewards if you join your battle group within a 24 hr time.. but a lot of people were locked out ..I opened up a ticket and got a generic response ... Day of the outage I literally could not join my battle group because it said I couldn’t join 2 alliance quests at the same time... I think was because I was joining my battle group right as the server was crashing. The compensation package says I won’t get it because I wasn’t in there within 24 hours! That’s garbage and some of your support really sucks!
  • Has anyone addressed the Issues with M.O.D.O.Ks Lab?
    When I would get disconnected I could no longer continue the quest, removing the change for rewards multiple times for several difficulties each time.

    It wasn't like I quit, just ridiculous server issues. Obviously after the first time it happened I tried to wait but it didn't matter.
  • r3zonate wrote: »
    Has anyone addressed the Issues with M.O.D.O.Ks Lab?
    When I would get disconnected I could no longer continue the quest, removing the change for rewards multiple times for several difficulties each time.

    It wasn't like I quit, just ridiculous server issues. Obviously after the first time it happened I tried to wait but it didn't matter.

    You should probably try reading the thread linked in the op. You know, the one this is a discussion about...
  • Mcord117Mcord117 Posts: 1,287 ★★★★
    What happens if you left the alliance you were in since the outage
  • I have been unable to complete a single fight since the Modok download until today. Im thankful its back up but have missed well over a week of grinding.
  • r3zonate wrote: »
    Has anyone addressed the Issues with M.O.D.O.Ks Lab?
    When I would get disconnected I could no longer continue the quest, removing the change for rewards multiple times for several difficulties each time.

    It wasn't like I quit, just ridiculous server issues. Obviously after the first time it happened I tried to wait but it didn't matter.

    You should probably try reading the thread linked in the op. You know, the one this is a discussion about...

    I don't know how or why you think this doesn't regard Modoks Lab. I'm saying that once you enter the quest, and you get disconnected you are no longer eligible to complete the quest.. and it is not because the timwr ran out. I see they will be sending compensation for it, but unfortunately it still can happen.
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 167
    @Ad0ra
    How to know if we will receive the AQ compensation?
    Because we don't the exact time of the end of the outtage...
    You and the support will receive a lot of messages from players that didn't get the compensation.

    It would be easier to send the compensation for the first AQ, no matter what the entering time was.
  • dpkdpk Posts: 6
    @Ad0ra_ , regarding the compensation for M.O.D.O.K.’s Lab for Event Quest, does this mean, we have to complete 100% of Master event to receive the rewards or will it be sufficient if we complete the master event only once ?
  • OhGodYesOhGodYes Posts: 115
    I know it sounds silly and it cant be quantified, but I took the day off in anticipation for this event. It was a bit frustrating for sure.. I think that is why some of us are more interested in compensation than others. Sure its just a game and people would question why I would do such a thing, but I'm sure many of us have taken days off in anticipation for new games, new tech, events they love, movies etc....
  • FoxyMutant wrote: »
    So from what I understand you only get the compensation rewards if you join your battle group within a 24 hr time.. but a lot of people were locked out ..I opened up a ticket and got a generic response ... Day of the outage I literally could not join my battle group because it said I couldn’t join 2 alliance quests at the same time... I think was because I was joining my battle group right as the server was crashing. The compensation package says I won’t get it because I wasn’t in there within 24 hours! That’s garbage and some of your support really sucks!

    Send me a private message with the 8-digit ticket number of your customer service case. It sounds like you're an outlier, and I'll have someone investigate your account to see what's going on. Not making any promises about the outcome, but I will definitely have someone do some further digging for you.
  • r3zonate wrote: »
    r3zonate wrote: »
    Has anyone addressed the Issues with M.O.D.O.Ks Lab?
    When I would get disconnected I could no longer continue the quest, removing the change for rewards multiple times for several difficulties each time.

    It wasn't like I quit, just ridiculous server issues. Obviously after the first time it happened I tried to wait but it didn't matter.

    You should probably try reading the thread linked in the op. You know, the one this is a discussion about...

    I don't know how or why you think this doesn't regard Modoks Lab. I'm saying that once you enter the quest, and you get disconnected you are no longer eligible to complete the quest.. and it is not because the timwr ran out. I see they will be sending compensation for it, but unfortunately it still can happen.

    He's not saying this doesn't apply to MODOK's lab, he's saying we spoke to that in the announcement :)

    Not sure what you mean by 'it still can happen' - the server issues have been resolved.
    Maverick75 wrote: »
    @Ad0ra
    How to know if we will receive the AQ compensation?
    Because we don't the exact time of the end of the outtage...
    You and the support will receive a lot of messages from players that didn't get the compensation.

    It would be easier to send the compensation for the first AQ, no matter what the entering time was.

    The impacted window (date and time) is in the post - if you joined within that time, you will. If not, your account wasn't impacted in AQ by the server downtime. Keep in mind that this is only the AQ specific part of all of this.
  • dpk wrote: »
    @Ad0ra_ , regarding the compensation for M.O.D.O.K.’s Lab for Event Quest, does this mean, we have to complete 100% of Master event to receive the rewards or will it be sufficient if we complete the master event only once ?

    Are you talking about the monthly quest or M.O.D.O.K.’s Lab? They're different things, there is no 'master' of M.O.D.O.K.’s Lab. The further post we made yesterday only discusses M.O.D.O.K.’s Lab. We're still working on what to do with Legends runs in the event quest.
  • OhGodYes wrote: »
    I know it sounds silly and it cant be quantified, but I took the day off in anticipation for this event. It was a bit frustrating for sure.. I think that is why some of us are more interested in compensation than others. Sure its just a game and people would question why I would do such a thing, but I'm sure many of us have taken days off in anticipation for new games, new tech, events they love, movies etc....

    It doesn't sound silly to be frustrated by something like that, that sucks. You're right in that it's not something that can't be quantified. But keep in mind we have been very clear in emphasizing that everything announced so far is just how we're addressing some specific areas that have been impacted with the game. We're not done yet. Something this complex takes time, and instead of making you guys wait with days of radio silence, we're updating you as we go along.
  • Goose_81Goose_81 Posts: 105
    Any chance of extending the increase in t4cc in the daily specials for another week due to the outages?
  • Mcord117Mcord117 Posts: 1,287 ★★★★
    What about people who joined aq during the time frame in question but have since left the alliance they were in?

    What about people who used resources in last arena they will not have in the re run?

    What about the multitude of connection issues prior to the window being discussed? It’s not like it was confined to the window you are mentioning that just happens to be where it got worse.

    What about items used in normal quest due to erratic game play during this time interval?

  • genurgenur Posts: 19
    I have deleted the previous comment I DO NOT KNOW,
    I told them that I have invested a lot of time and effort to stay in the arena star lord within 10% to get the character
    Spend about 200 sand enhancers, 10 endurance regenerators, spend a sleepless night,
    I was very hurt by the problems that occurred as I lost scores, streaks, a lot of playing time (I can not play at all hours)
    Left in 11% to 25% I do not know if there would be no problems I would have gotten it.
    I guess I will not be the only one in this situation.
    I think they should rank up the ranking, I mean to raise a position to all those who participated in the arena or analyze what was the score obtained and if it was close to obtaining a larger objective directly grant it.
    Repeating the sand does not seem like a good solution, I suppose I will not be the only one who can only play on rare occasions
  • OhGodYesOhGodYes Posts: 115
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    OhGodYes wrote: »
    I know it sounds silly and it cant be quantified, but I took the day off in anticipation for this event. It was a bit frustrating for sure.. I think that is why some of us are more interested in compensation than others. Sure its just a game and people would question why I would do such a thing, but I'm sure many of us have taken days off in anticipation for new games, new tech, events they love, movies etc....

    It doesn't sound silly to be frustrated by something like that, that sucks. You're right in that it's not something that can't be quantified. But keep in mind we have been very clear in emphasizing that everything announced so far is just how we're addressing some specific areas that have been impacted with the game. We're not done yet. Something this complex takes time, and instead of making you guys wait with days of radio silence, we're updating you as we go along.

    I appreciate the response!
  • TrendlyFynnTrendlyFynn Posts: 34
    What happens to those who competed for star lord in the beginner n intermediate brackets especially if u consider that they'll be moving into either intermediate or veteran brackets?

    Shower thoughts...
  • supermanMKZsupermanMKZ Posts: 194
    Personally I'd like to see summoner boost extended for another day or two to make up for all the time lost being unable to grind out extra gold and battle chips.
Sign In or Register to comment.