**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

The Legends Celebration Event starts August 16th!

Comments

• Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 373 ★★★
    These challenges are always requested to be brought back. So for those of you that haven't done them before, you're in for a treat :) Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    UnOriginalUnOriginal Posts: 727 ★★★

I'm sure the format is the same as last time this setup was used. Chapter 1 is 6 paths. You do 1 path at a time. They get harder but are all extremely easy. The first few paths most players will 1 shot everything. The final path might be challenging for uncollected players and paragon people who have didn't explore chapter 6 before they nerfed it and just use op champions whose power level far exceeds the content.

Chapter 2 you will have to do all the "paths" in 1 go. It will be fairly challenging. I believe last time it was based around shang chis release, I recall the path defenders including hit monkey, sunspot, she hulk and I can't recall the rest. Certainly not the only way to do it but I recall a lot of people using corvus and just hitting into block the whole time.

Hope that helps.

As a Paragon Who beggined act 6 after its second nerf im scared
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    Normax_X said:

Maat1985 said:

*unpopular opinion. (disagrees incoming)*

people always say they want a training grounds mode and would be happy if it had no rewards.
    so if you are happy to play for no rewards. why not happy to play for minimal rewards?

don't like the content? don't do it.
    don't like the rewards? don't do it.

ah but you want the rewards you say.
    well then the content must be worth it else you don't want them that much.

we're saying its not worth the 225+ fights it takes. and "dont like it dont do it" will end up doing 0 content ever again cause rewards from 💰 will always be far better, and rewards from content r mostly underwhelming if u cant spend. so u cant not do it all the time
    Well actually no.
    Because if people keep doing tough content with bad rewards kabam will keep making it.
    If people stop dong the tough content woth bad rewards, kabam will see they need to make the rewards better to get people to do it.
    They make content and rewards based in data as to how many people complete it and how quickly they complete it
  • Options
    edited August 2023

Maat1985 said:

people always say they want a training grounds mode and would be happy if it had no rewards.
    so if you are happy to play for no rewards. why not happy to play for minimal rewards?

Playing for rewards is a whole lot more interesting than playing just to play, even if the rewards are minimal. Most people are going to attempt new content no matter what it gives them, so it can suck knowing that time might not feel worth spending in the end. Sure, I could just face RoL WS till the world explodes, but then I'd never get to try new champions out and there'd be no stakes. Nothing to keep playing for.
    I agree, but at the same time can choose to ignore a particular piece of content if i feel its not worth it for me.

Well it must be worth it if they do it.
    If the rewards are not the satisfaction is,
    Or even if the rewards are small the fact they feel they need them makes it worth it.

If people feel the rewards in content are not worth it, the only answer is to not do it.
    And kabam see this. And will then need to adjust to make content worth it.

For them they see the 7* token as the value that will drive people in this
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 5,060 ★★★★★
    Maat1985 said:

Normax_X said:

Maat1985 said:

we're saying its not worth the 225+ fights it takes. and "dont like it dont do it" will end up doing 0 content ever again cause rewards from 💰 will always be far better, and rewards from content r mostly underwhelming if u cant spend. so u cant not do it all the time
    Well actually no.
    Because if people keep doing tough content with bad rewards kabam will keep making it.
    If people stop dong the tough content woth bad rewards, kabam will see they need to make the rewards better to get people to do it.
    They make content and rewards based in data as to how many people complete it and how quickly they complete it
    You say that but they have made more carinas challenges so I'd say Your not exactly right either.
  • Options
    JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Posts: 442 ★★★
    Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Playing for rewards is a whole lot more interesting than playing just to play, even if the rewards are minimal. Most people are going to attempt new content no matter what it gives them, so it can suck knowing that time might not feel worth spending in the end. Sure, I could just face RoL WS till the world explodes, but then I'd never get to try new champions out and there'd be no stakes. Nothing to keep playing for.
    I agree, but at the same time can choose to ignore a particular piece of content if i feel its not worth it for me.

Well it must be worth it if they do it.
    If the rewards are not the satisfaction is,
    Or even if the rewards are small the fact they feel they need them makes it worth it.

If people feel the rewards in content are not worth it, the only answer is to not do it.
    And kabam see this. And will then need to adjust to make content worth it.

For them they see the 7* token as the value that will drive people in this
    You're just missing the point, man. People enjoy playing the game. We will do content even with little to no rewards for the fun of the gameplay. The rewards being good is the added fun of doing crystal openings and building our rosters out that can tackle more and more enjoyable content. If the rewards are bad, I will still enjoy the gameplay but not enjoy the rewards. That is where feedback should be preferred over data. I can play the entire quest out and have the time of my life, then be dissapointed that I have nothing to open, nothing to invest into champions, and the experience of finishing the quest is just over as soon as the final fight ends. Resource management is content. A lack of resources to manage brings dissapointment.

The Legends event is disappointing for me because I don't need rank 4 materials or 7* champions at the moment, but that's the majority of what is being pushed out to my progression level. Those resources will be in my inventory untouched for at least another month. Since the gameplay and the resource management are both enjoyable, I will be apart of the gameplay and probably enjoy it, then be left out of the resource management for the time being.
  • Options
    I am not missing anything.
    I get that people feel the rewards are dissapointing.
    And thats fine to think that

But for any content there will always be positive and negative feedback.
    Everyone always wants good content with good rewards.
    But kabam want varied content with varied rewards.
    They want only some to do the content.
    If they make the content hard but with killer rewards, people just revive revive revive.
    They need to make hard content with lesser rewards to actually see how much different parts of the community are willing to invest for what rewards.

I am not saying everything they do is ideal.
    Just offering some insight into atleast part of the thought process.
    Juicy rewards mean people push more.
    They know this.
    They also need to see what people deem as “not worth it”
    If all they ever do is make juicy rewards then they just have to keep lifting the bar.
    By making content with reward level 10 and then next content has reward level 15 and then next needs to have reward level 20, then 25.
    By making content with reward level 10 and then content with reward level 8 means they can just go to 12 next time, then back to 10, then to 14….
    Etc…..
    It slows down how much they feel they need to increase rewards.

Another point is they don’t want people just reviving through everything. Low rewards means people think more bout reviving.

Yes it is all about data.

Agree or disagree with the thought process all you want.
    Like or dislike all the rewards all you like.
    But it is what it is.

Also we can’t really complain till we see it.
    Personally once the quest is out, i will look and then decide if the rewards are **** or not. If the rewards are **** for difficulty i will say **** off and not do it.
    But if i can do the content easy enough i will do it
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,995 ★★★★★
    All the people saying “you can autofight most of it,” I feel obligated to point out that 1) you have to choose a portal every lane, and 2) it wouldn’t surprise me if autofighting uncollected and above was unrealistic.

Major bummer that they didn’t load the rewards on chapter 2.
  • Options
    I have played many rpg games where some content has good rewards some has bad, some is fun, some is not, and in these games people decide what content they wanna do based on what they enjoy most and/or what gives best rewards.
    Sometimes do the fun content for bad rewards. sometimes do the un fun content for good rewards.
    We don’t all need to do all content.

I also think all kabam needed to do was make the 7* selector full of better champs.
    If the champs were godly that alone would be more than enough for anyone.
    The fact they are meh champs means people won’t care to miss out on it
  • Options
    Maat1985 said:

What insight do you have in Kabam's thought process?

Just because you won't do the content because you don't like the rewards does not mean every player is only playing if they're happy with the rewards. Data is almost never the full story. Anyone with any data science experience knows that.

I have fought RoL WS probably 600 times now. Does that mean the rewards are good? There are players still tackling LoL. Does that mean the rewards still hold up? The answer is: maybe. That data alone is not the full story. It can't be. There are many reasons someone will decide to take on a quest and there are many factors that dictate their enjoyment of it. Completion of a quest will never be the only factor they need to look at when deciding how attracted the players are to the material profit of completing it.

I will get more profit from the next BGs store cycle than I will get from completing LoL, and yet I've been planning my path out for the last week. Why? Because I enjoy playing the game and I pulled Kate Bishop recently. That's all. Once I complete LoL, a number on a computer goes up by 1. LoL rewards have little to no impact on that number increasing.
  • Options
    ThePowerCosmicThePowerCosmic Posts: 88
    Of course I haven't missed a login since I started playing 5 years ago, and now im going on a cruise in 2 days 🤬🤬🤬
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,515 ★★★★★
    Bummer, I pushed my mini account to Cav about an hour too late. Got the UC calendar. Didn’t think those would be out until tomorrow.
  • Options

Maat1985 said:

Just because you won't do the content because you don't like the rewards does not mean every player is only playing if they're happy with the rewards. Data is almost never the full story. Anyone with any data science experience knows that.

I have fought RoL WS probably 600 times now. Does that mean the rewards are good? There are players still tackling LoL. Does that mean the rewards still hold up? The answer is: maybe. That data alone is not the full story. It can't be. There are many reasons someone will decide to take on a quest and there are many factors that dictate their enjoyment of it. Completion of a quest will never be the only factor they need to look at when deciding how attracted the players are to the material profit of completing it.

I will get more profit from the next BGs store cycle than I will get from completing LoL, and yet I've been planning my path out for the last week. Why? Because I enjoy playing the game and I pulled Kate Bishop recently. That's all. Once I complete LoL, a number on a computer goes up by 1. LoL rewards have little to no impact on that number increasing.
    None exactly. And yes i can’t say exactly what kabam think.
    But,
    There is a general thought process that goes behind making content.
    There is a general though process to follow when designing.

And yes as i said initially and along the way, people do content for many reasons. And this can be seen.
    And this is how we decide if content is worth it.
    ROL is not worth it for the rewards but worth it for testing and theory crafting.
    The big EOP thing is worth it to some for a title, but not worth it to most.
    AOL has never been worth it for me even when rewards were the best in game.
    Some carinas are worth it for me and some not.

Of course there are many factors kabam use when designing content. Only an idiot would think otherwise.
    Just as there is when we decide to do content.
    Rewards is only a part of it from both sides
  • Options
    And of course express your opinion that you think rewards are bad. You are more than entitled to do that.
    I am not saying don’t.
    I am just saying, that the action of not doing it is what speaks the most volume.
    Esp given that regardless what the rewards are people will complain.
    And also some people expect too much,
    Also not all content is for everyone.
  • Options
    But by far the biggest point…..

Are people missing the fact that the listed rewards do not include the individual quest rewards.
    They certainly could be enough to make it spicy enough for everyone.
    And by having the rewards spread out across the quests rather than backloading them all into the completion and exploration makes it so that summoners who can’t fully complete get a more even percentage of the rewards. So its great for them.

Wait to see the full rewards and then complain if not enough.
  • Options
    Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Of course there are many factors kabam use when designing content. Only an idiot would think otherwise.
    Rewards is only a part of it from both sides
    And that's exactly what I'm saying. Part of Kabam's design process involves feedback from the forums. Telling people that they shouldn't provide feedback about rewards and should just avoid the content entirely if the rewards aren't desired is not a valid argument to make. They cannot use quest completion data to know that the Paragon rewards are too high level for me. They also cannot use quest completion data to know that the Paragon rewards aren't good enough for some players. There are other data metrics that they can use, as well as feedback from the forums. Let people complain and Kabam will use those complaints however they see fit, even if it means throwing them all away.

As soon as the DLX Legends challenge drops I will be participating no matter what, I'm excited as hell. But I still hope that Kabam takes some feedback and throws in some more items that I can make good use of in later events, which is exactly what I think they did by updating the use of the 7* selector tokens. Some people asked for more T6CC and it was added. I will benefit more from 6* nexus crystals and now I have the option to get Selectors. That's a good sign of change for me.
  • Options
    I never once said “don’t give feedback.” Don’t put words in my mouth.
    I just offered my thoughts,
    My opinion, my point of view and a different way of thinking and acting.
  • Options
    StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 624 ★★★
    What time does the 7 hour crystals start?
  • Options
    Maat1985 said:

But you did talk down on players who voiced their opinions on the rewards, which has the same effect whether you intended it or not. Saying "it is what it is" in response to criticisms and stating that it's all about data is just wrong.
  • Options
    edited August 2023

Maat1985 said:

But you did talk down on players who voiced their opinions on the rewards, which has the same effect whether you intended it or not. Saying "it is what it is" in response to criticisms and stating that it's all about data is just wrong.
    No no.
    I did not talk down on anyone.

I merely said, that “you could just not do it”
    And then offered further insight into my way of viewing it.
    Of course everyone is entitled to voice their opinion, of course feedback is important.
    Hense you are giving yours and i am giving mine.
    The fact they are different points does not make one more valid than the other.
    Opinions are subjective ours just differ.

Also never said “it was all about data” just said that the data makes up a huge part of it.
    I did say that it was many things. Feedback and data are both part of it.

There is not a single place i spoke down to anyone.
    Atleast on one occasion i literally said people are entitled to give feedback.
  • Options
    BogoBogo Posts: 6
    What are the chances to get a 7 star selector from the free crystals
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Also never said “it was all about data” just said that the data makes up a huge part of it.
    Maat1985 said:

But it is what it is.

Whether you consider your words talking down on people is just up to interpretation, so I'm definitely not interested in arguing that point. But you did say "don't like the rewards? don't do it." which isn't exactly constructive.
  • Options

Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

But it is what it is.

Whether you consider your words talking down on people is just up to interpretation, so I'm definitely not interested in arguing that point. But you did say "don't like the rewards? don't do it." which isn't exactly constructive.
    No less constructive than “rewards are ****, make them better” which is what a bunch of the posts on any thread about events say.

But i also said things like “they should have made the 7* selector pool better that would have made the rewards worth it if the pool was godly”

Any one cant take a single line from almost any post and take it out of context.
    Put the context and the rest of my posts in place and you can see over and over i mention many things.
    One line “its all about data” does not encapsulate what i was saying. That was refering to that one particular point i was making surrounding a certain aspect of content design.
    That is you selectively picking to try and make a point. Almost anyone can make any point by only selectively using data and quotes.

How about this “ Of course there are many factors kabam use when designing content. Only an idiot would think otherwise.
    Rewards is only a part of it from both sides”
    Does that exactly say data is the only thing they use?
  • Options
    LacerosLaceros Posts: 106 ★★
    I hope its an abyss nexus
  • Options
    So in the Legends Celebration event if I move from Uncollected to Cavaliers before it runs out, them am I eligible for Cavalier rewards or am I stuck with Uncollected Login Calender?
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,853 ★★★★★
    I was rather hoping Brutal DLX challenge was a crazy version of ROL.
  • Options
    IsisixkswmrIsisixkswmr Posts: 237
    edited August 2023
    Tbh,
    The cav calendar could be better
    The only things from there that will help me make a dent in act 6
    Is the 6* nexus so I can hopefully get someone helpful for 6.2.4-6.2.6, 5* generic ag
    ,t5b and t2a
    I need sooooooo many rank up materials
    Kabam should include gold and iso for those who don’t have thousands of materials in overflow and inventory

• Options
    CheersburgerCheersburger Posts: 7
    edited August 2023
    So I’m cavalier and I logged in this morning and the calendar says a 5* gem crystal instead of a generic gem, what’s going on? Also haven’t found anything else except for the calendar so far for this event, even those 7 hour crystals, were they meant to come with the calendar or do they come the same time as arenas and what not?
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,130 ★★★★
    edited August 2023

So in the Legends Celebration event if I move from Uncollected to Cavaliers before it runs out, them am I eligible for Cavalier rewards or am I stuck with Uncollected Login Calender?

You will be locked to the calendar that you start with. How do I know? Because I just spent the last 4 days rushing through 7.2 and 7.3 and 7.4 to become paragon for the Legends event that begins TOMORROW.

Only to find out that the calendar starts a day early? Really upset about this.