Act 4-5 Rework Rewards

Comments

• FgghhFgghh Member Posts: 1
    I have an issue with this because i was trying to complete exploration of act 4 for the mastery point but now i can't get it anymore as it is in the completion rewards, i have lost a resource which is very scarce.
  • Jaycray81Jaycray81 Member Posts: 370 ★★
    Yea. Let's extend the rewards to those who completed the content within the last 6 months at least. I started an account at the beginning of the year and finished act 4 and 5 quickly. Too quickly. Accounts that clear it now are immediately equal if not stronger than mine now. Frustrating.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,822 ★★★★★

Has anyone managed to get the reworked rewards for Act 4 and 5? Completed Act 4 two months back but didn’t get the reworked rewards.

I finished it in my mini a few days ago and haven’t received them. I don’t think they e gone out yet.
  • CallmelaFleurCallmelaFleur Member Posts: 231
    One of my baby accounts did 100% in the last 30 days and I saw no compensation. Not to mention when story rewards were previously buffed - EVERYONE got the additional items. This is just inconsistent with fairness in the contest. Wallets will always win - but act 5 was SO MUCH Work but we suffered through it for peanuts. Now its neutered and the rewards are significantly better. Not everyone bought July 4th offers - the buffed rewards should have been given to all players. However you spin it, the inconsistency is bad form.
  • DanielRandDanielRand Member Posts: 453 ★★★★
    Some folks can always be counted for semantics.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,741 ★★★★★

benshb said:

This is ridiculous though.
    Old act 5 reward

New act 5 reward

Saying that paragons doesn't need these rewards because they have no use for them, but then putting 6* crystal and 6* r1-2 gems in it is ridiculous. Then I guess we don't have a use for gauntlet rewards too....
    What a joke

That's annoying to not give those out to anyone who completed. Especially when that has been a typical MO in the past.
    No it's not. Every time they've revamped the old acts, it's always been within the last 90 days.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,741 ★★★★★

Some folks can always be counted for semantics.

And some can always be counted on for entitlement.
  • DRTODRTO Member Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    "As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be."

You all need to stop whining, I bet most of you haven't touched act 4 or 5 in years. Getting a 6* to rank 2 should not be difficult an there's plenty of other areas to get even better rewards. Yeah it was harder for us in the past but who cares? Kabam has been making progression much easier for quite some time now, as shown by someone being able to get thronebreaker in a matter of weeks of starting a new account. I support their choices and if they want to rework old content to make it faster to get progression title so be it, no point in complaining about how hard it was for you, just focus on the future instead of being stuck in the past.
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,682 ★★★★★

benshb said:

Old act 5 reward

New act 5 reward

Saying that paragons doesn't need these rewards because they have no use for them, but then putting 6* crystal and 6* r1-2 gems in it is ridiculous. Then I guess we don't have a use for gauntlet rewards too....
    What a joke

That's annoying to not give those out to anyone who completed. Especially when that has been a typical MO in the past.
    No it's not. Every time they've revamped the old acts, it's always been within the last 90 days.
    That's interesting, I've received every single set of revamped rewards in the past and I can assure you my acts are 100%'d not long after launch.
  • DanielRandDanielRand Member Posts: 453 ★★★★

benshb said:

Old act 5 reward

New act 5 reward

What a joke

That's not even close to true. You can have your opinion but no need to outright lie.
  • JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Member Posts: 442 ★★★

benshb said:

Old act 5 reward

New act 5 reward

What a joke

That's not even close to true. You can have your opinion but no need to outright lie.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/186161/updated-rewards-for-act-1
  • SaulovskySaulovsky Member Posts: 7
    Are we supposed to assume its not worth exploring current content then? Should i hold off on exploring act 8 for the possibility of better, revamped rewards? Are those resources going to be consiered unnecesary if i keep progresing beyond Paragon?
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    Saulovsky said:

Are we supposed to assume its not worth exploring current content then? Should i hold off on exploring act 8 for the possibility of better, revamped rewards? Are those resources going to be consiered unnecesary if i keep progresing beyond Paragon?

I mean, I get what you’re saying, but it feels like it would be a VERY long time before they would do anything to act 8, presuming that a) they’d likely nerf the difficulty and buff the rewards for 6, then 7, before ever touching 8, and b) Act 8 isn’t even fully out yet. You can certainly “stop trying” while you *wait* for the rewards to change but we’re talking 4-5 years down the road realistically.

The economy of the game changes over time. This makes sense.

This isn’t the best analogy, but I find it somewhat similar to console AAA Fighting Games, like Street Fighter. You can buy the game right when it comes out, and be a part of the initial player base, going through challenges and competing online. And then spending season passes for new characters as they come out, maybe buy some costumes too.

Or, you can wait for the “complete edition” where they bundle all of those new characters and costumes and put the whole game at a lower price - but you’re waiting 3 or 4 years in the meantime with no game. The choice is yours.
  • BeyondBeyond Member Posts: 14
    And besides even those eligible for compensation haven’t even gotten it yet with no updates on the situation at this point we can’t say for certain what’s going to happen so I suggest we play and enjoy the game as is for now
  • BuckeyeshaBuckeyesha Member Posts: 206

benshb said:

Old act 5 reward

New act 5 reward

What a joke

I responded to you on Twitter, but I'll respond here. This is meant for players to get their first Rank 2 6-star, and most of you that didn't get the comp are well beyond that. You've got Rank 5 6-Stars, and while we could all use another R2 6-Star, we don't need another FIRST R2 6-Star.
    So I just finished acts 4 and 5 within the last 14 days. Additionally, I still don't have an r2 6*. I'm still uncollected. Will I be getting compensated for the rewards that I missed out on?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★
    DRTO said:

"As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be."

My guy really quoting Thanos when he decided to genocide an entire universe in reference to some 5* crystals in a video game
  • 521Kevinfisher__521521Kevinfisher__521 Member Posts: 13
    Will people who have completed act 4 already but haven’t 100% it get the mastery points as before it was 100% but now it’s completion
  • 521Kevinfisher__521521Kevinfisher__521 Member Posts: 13

benshb said:

Old act 5 reward

New act 5 reward

What a joke

I responded to you on Twitter, but I'll respond here. This is meant for players to get their first Rank 2 6-star, and most of you that didn't get the comp are well beyond that. You've got Rank 5 6-Stars, and while we could all use another R2 6-Star, we don't need another FIRST R2 6-Star.
    Will people who have completed act4 but not 100% it still get the mastery points? I have only 100% the first chapter of act4 so I still haven’t gotten the other 3
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,232 Guardian

Will people who have completed act 4 already but haven’t 100% it get the mastery points as before it was 100% but now it’s completion

• AviiAvii Member Posts: 1
    ive completed act 4 in the past 90 days and i still didnt get the new rewards... what's kabam gonna do :(
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,682 ★★★★★
    it does beg the question, why bother exploring act 6 and potentially act 7 when there are better rewards in side quests and events and the rewards may be buffed in the next year or so anyway.
  • JustWantTheRewardsJustWantTheRewards Member Posts: 442 ★★★

it does beg the question, why bother exploring act 6 and potentially act 7 when there are better rewards in side quests and events and the rewards may be buffed in the next year or so anyway.

Fun. It's a game after all. If you're holding off on doing content because it might be more efficient to wait 5 years for a rewards bump, maybe you just don't like the game
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,365 ★★★★★

Fun. It's a game after all. If you're holding off on doing content because it might be more efficient to wait 5 years for a rewards bump, maybe you just don't like the game
    I don't think anyone on these forums thinks Act 6 exploration is fun lol that's why it's been nerfed five times already and probably will be nerfed again if Act 5 got nerfed.