**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Addressing the State of Alliance War Changes

Comments

• Options
    Kpratish1997Kpratish1997 Posts: 119
    I play alliance war and this change has caused inconveniences
    ChiefGoat said:

This new system is absolutely terrible! I stopped playing war this season with this new set up

Same with me.
  • Options
    FigueFigue Posts: 83
    I play alliance war and this change helps me in war
    dpatel21 said:

As an officer this change is not great in my experience, although the attack phase is longer. It can be understood by members that they have plenty of time to clear the map (which they do) however one person taking their time - for a longer period than prior to the change can lead to worse co-ordination due to the time pressure being lesser. Although the intention of a longer attack day is better, in practice it isn’t.

well, thats part of being good as an alliance... if your alliance make those mistakes then you deserve to lose
  • Options
    rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    The 2 main things that are needed

1) defensive mastery preset
    2) aq champ lock needs to be removed.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,482 ★★★★
    QuietusDK said:

Alliance leader of P2 war focused alliance here.

I largely approve of this post.

One thing is that we've had two months since last season ended, so the rust is real.

Secondarily, the placement across current tier and -1/+1 tier was a nightmare, with multiple seeming resets of placement, forcing us to have our members repeatedly place defenders across multiple maps.

In fairness, I appreciate the thought behind persistent placement, but as mentioned above, this has been replaced by chasing members to sort masteries.

The added attack time phase was something I particularly looked forward to, but have been sorely disappointed by. War start now means our war planners have gone to bed by the time war goes live, so unless entrepreneural players take on themselves to assign paths and teams, we basically lose the initial first 6 hours of the war, on top of having to plan during morning for us instead of evening. This then means that by the time were done planning, our US players have gone to bed, so another 6-7 hours wait timer for them. That's 14 hours of the war gone already.

The added attack phase _should_ have minimized stress and allowed for one person potentially to oversee multiple BGs, but in practice I see my officers having to chase down members to respond. Might be rust might be because "hey, we have nearly 2 days, what's the rush?"

Finally, we got hosed prior to season start by one war that accidentally had rating change enabled. We lost the war, meaning we dropped to T3. Despite having a week to fix this, it wasn't, so we had to begin the season with T3 multiplier, hurting our chances for P1 placement.

So far, I have been anything but happy about the implementation.

If you finished 1 loss away from t3 you might be better off worrying about making platinum 3 than p1.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,346 ★★★★
    edited August 2023
    I do not play alliance war
    New system stinks, luckily rewards are bottom of the barrel compared to literally every other mode now until the loyalty store gets revamped so my alliance is super casual wars now. Rather play the soul draining pit that is AQ since the glory store is actually great atm.
  • Options
    ZacTheSwordZacTheSword Posts: 56 ★★
    I am a war planner and i dislike this change

New system stinks, luckily rewards are bottom of the barrel compared to literally every other mode now until the loyalty store gets revamped so my alliance is super casual wars now. Rather play the soul draining pit that is AQ since the glory store is actually great atm.

Rewards definitely not the greatest right now but we do know that it is getting buffed next season
  • Options
    GolivarezGolivarez Posts: 154 ★★
    This change has gone horribly. It should auto place all defenders on every map cuz most guys didn’t place there defense on all 3 maps
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★
    New system sucks
  • Options
    Ansh_A said:

Some solutions:
    1. Masteries need to be preset similar to battlegrounds.
    2. Champions in exisiting quests can still be used for defense in AW. Restrictions should be for attack team in AW only.
    3. Officers should have more control. They should be able to move players from one bg to another. They should be able to reject defenders forcing the player to choose an alternate. If possible, give greater control on attack and allow officers to pre restrict lanes for players if the coding allows.
    4. Poke button should be different allowing officers to have a more powerful poke, reminding players to join aw/attack in aw..maybe a message like incursions goes out to the player.
    5. Boosts need to last longer now. Most people dont play morning and night anymore. A single boost for the second and boss section is not enough. You tend to use 2-3 boosts per match.
    6. Kabam has to release a tutorial on how the new war works. They are too reliant on officers learning and explaining to the players

Agree with your input on boosts and a tutorial, they could definitely have dave make one on the new war system
    Boosts should be buffed to 24 hour boosts ngl, increase the costs to 300 or something
  • Options
    KnucklezKnucklez Posts: 90
    edited August 2023
    I agree with the OP, and there are so many good points made in this thread.

All Kabam had to do was keep the old war system and just add persistent placement the same as other games do with their war modes.

I really don’t understand why they decided to try to re-engineer the entire war system. It now feels like one long war for 6 days straight.

Most members in my ally are still totally confused about the new war system, and I see there are so many players here who also feel the same.
  • Options
    Definitely agree with the 6 day war issue, it feels like a super long stressful marathon with no end in sight
  • Options
    Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 268 ★★★
    Also, has there been any word on what happened to the Season Solo objectives?
  • Options
    SJprojectx47SJprojectx47 Posts: 4
    This change is causing a huge headache because it takes way to long for everyone to get on the same page. Change it back please and thank you :smile:
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    Really disappointed that this is moving along full steam a head without any comment. Lots of constructive feedback and concerns are being raised here
  • Options
    I dont usually talk on the forums, but this alliance war change made me consider quitting alliance war for the first time in quite a while. Our battlegroup was completely messed up by the changes and we will probably miss platinum this season because of it. Maybe its time to move towards bg focused alliances or quit entirely
  • Options
    Merzord1 said:

I dont usually talk on the forums, but this alliance war change made me consider quitting alliance war for the first time in quite a while. Our battlegroup was completely messed up by the changes and we will probably miss platinum this season because of it. Maybe its time to move towards bg focused alliances or quit entirely

Also forgot to add that boosts dont last long enough anymore, they need to be at least 24 hours
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 557 ★★★★
    needs:

1. defensive mastery preset
    2. remove AQ lock
  • Options
    Dab_westDab_west Posts: 122
    edited August 2023
    I like it when zac lets me use ghost :33
  • Options

Disagree.
    You don't have to wait for war assignments to do aq. Just pick 1)alternative champs 2) wait until the aq day ends if those champs are needed for war.

There are 2 full days here. Even if day1 is required for initial planning, the time needed to move is very less.

This change overall is awesome, the only issue is the mastery swap time, which I agree isn't great. Otherwise it has been a positive change for my alliance planners in general so far.

Ofc ssx player doesn’t need herc in aq or aw
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 461 ★★★
    I am a war planner and i enjoy this change
    Two single fixes can save the new system:
    • Lock the masteries, this is the biggest pain IMO.
    • Unlock defenders all the time: I think the ideal of locking definers came from forcing players to upgrade more champions, but now because BG, almost everyone have to upgrade tens of champions, there is no need to have this restriction anymore.
  • Options
    Dab_west said:

I like it when zac lets me use ghost :33

wtf dab you play alliance war :#
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Such a bad system makes players who go fast and want to get stuff done quickly wait. With allowing lazy people to delay their fights.
  • Options
    Dab_west said:

Disagree.
    You don't have to wait for war assignments to do aq. Just pick 1)alternative champs 2) wait until the aq day ends if those champs are needed for war.

There are 2 full days here. Even if day1 is required for initial planning, the time needed to move is very less.

This change overall is awesome, the only issue is the mastery swap time, which I agree isn't great. Otherwise it has been a positive change for my alliance planners in general so far.

ahh TCN folks? you play your account? And yes i use herc, but I dont NEED herc.
  • Options
    edited August 2023

Dab_west said:

Disagree.

yeah i play my account better than u.
    u probably cant even hit c6
  • Options
    pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,818 Guardian
    edited August 2023
    Dab_west said:

Dab_west said:

Disagree.

Well, idk about that. But apparently where you are at, doesn't. Quite unfortunate. if you NEED herc in aq, I pity the situation you are in :/
    Ah yes, basing everything based off a no life gamemode. quite legit.
  • Options
    DanxorDanxor Posts: 91
    Another problem is if you alliance is on the edge of 2 different maps that need different defenders due to different tactics, then you end up with MORE champs locked in defense forever between the 2 maps. This makes a map that YOU MIGHT get paired into both effect your pool of champs for War Attack AND Alliance Quest. With how war is now we really need AQ not to be effected on champ lockouts like we were first promised that War Defense was only for War Defense, and the defenders should not effect your champ selection unless you are actively defending.

Previously you could finish a war and use the champs for AQ. Now you have to go and remove them from defenders and piss off your war coordinators.
  • Options

Dab_west said:

Dab_west said:

Disagree.

Well, idk about that. But apparently where you are at, doesn't. Quite unfortunate. if you NEED herc in aq, I pity the situation you are in :/
    Ah yes, basing everything based off a no life gamemode. quite legit.
    bro imagine wasting time and not using herc in aq, thats crazy
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★
    It’s really good to see how constructive this thread is offering lots feedback but also ideas for improvement to shape AW for the better. This is the type of thread that I believe the moderators are looking for. Hopefully they appreciate all comments are looking how they could be implemented for future AW seasons. @Kabam Jax you happy with how this thread has gone? Nice and civil, the community coming together, no pitch forks. Just some helpful feedback. It’s likely you’ll be waiting for your analytics to show how are people actually engaging with AW in the game. Hopefully people’s opinions will be taken on board as well.