**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

How bad is the new BG format? Season ends in half a week and Uru 2 is empty

Comments

• Options
    EmomikeEmomike Posts: 219 ★★
    I like it 👌 😏
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,472 ★★★★★

It's terrible, the people who are already in GC will spam disagree regardless but to everyone else who isn't, to put things into perspective, Uru 3 and Uru 2 being empty means there are about 5k spots left in GC that have not been taken, that's just ridiculous lol does anyone have any idea how many Paragons are still stuck in Vibranium 3, 2 and 1? I just made it to Vibranium 2 and I haven't fought a single TB or Cav since I got to Diamond 1.

You might be right or not, but its the way it is. Just because there are empty seats in 1st class doesn't mean someone can just walk and take a seat.
    There are less players in GC; but they all went thru the same process to get there.
    I will admit the changes to VT complicated things; but its also an outcome of 4th of July roster bumps. I still have my theory that they did this changes because they realized they made VT way too easy and too many people were able to get to some tiers way too easy. Specially the Vibranium changes.
    Nobody here is saying "walk in and take a seat", nobody's asking Kabam to hand over free GC passes to Cavs and TBs. The issue here is that adding two extra tiers (which also require five wins in a row to progress) is too grindy, why? Because of how quickly the game's economy is shifting, because of the fact that the drafting phase is completely random and one bad draft can ruin that one last match you needed to move up, because of the fact that matchmaking is completely random in those leagues and because of how big the gaps between rosters are now (for Paragons). So while yes, getting to GC was a little too easy before hence we had even Cavs and TBs up there (which I absolutely don't think is fair), they completely overtuned it this season by adding two extra tiers and well, now they have 5k spots empty? I genuinely don't understand how some of you see five thousand spots empty in GC and go " yes, this is fine and this is how it should be" lol that's like 1/3 of GC empty, you don't see the issue there?
    Yeah I understand your point; but this is a preparation for seeding, if u start in Plat next season those extra tiers are required, otherwise it would be extremely short and easy to get into GC.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,373 ★★★★★
    Perfect. The majorty of Players can play up to Plat every Season so the other 10% or so have something to do.
  • Options
    It's already like that...
  • Options

It's already like that...

I'd say that's not accurate, considering how empty the GC is. Even after taking into account how inflated it was with the lower Players being allowed in due to War, it's never seen those numbers.
    Things will either change or people will stop making the effort.
    You mean the players that Kabam stated are not supposed to be there?
    You mean season 9 where a lot of lower players got pushed up with the purpose of farming points?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,373 ★★★★★
    Some of them, sure. Not to this extent. It's entirely too far. That might be a source of bravado for anyone who got in with ease, but it's a broken design just the same.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,990 ★★★★★

It's terrible, the people who are already in GC will spam disagree regardless but to everyone else who isn't, to put things into perspective, Uru 3 and Uru 2 being empty means there are about 5k spots left in GC that have not been taken, that's just ridiculous lol does anyone have any idea how many Paragons are still stuck in Vibranium 3, 2 and 1? I just made it to Vibranium 2 and I haven't fought a single TB or Cav since I got to Diamond 1.

You might be right or not, but its the way it is. Just because there are empty seats in 1st class doesn't mean someone can just walk and take a seat.
    There are less players in GC; but they all went thru the same process to get there.
    I will admit the changes to VT complicated things; but its also an outcome of 4th of July roster bumps. I still have my theory that they did this changes because they realized they made VT way too easy and too many people were able to get to some tiers way too easy. Specially the Vibranium changes.
    Nobody here is saying "walk in and take a seat", nobody's asking Kabam to hand over free GC passes to Cavs and TBs. The issue here is that adding two extra tiers (which also require five wins in a row to progress) is too grindy, why? Because of how quickly the game's economy is shifting, because of the fact that the drafting phase is completely random and one bad draft can ruin that one last match you needed to move up, because of the fact that matchmaking is completely random in those leagues and because of how big the gaps between rosters are now (for Paragons). So while yes, getting to GC was a little too easy before hence we had even Cavs and TBs up there (which I absolutely don't think is fair), they completely overtuned it this season by adding two extra tiers and well, now they have 5k spots empty? I genuinely don't understand how some of you see five thousand spots empty in GC and go " yes, this is fine and this is how it should be" lol that's like 1/3 of GC empty, you don't see the issue there?
    Yeah I understand your point; but this is a preparation for seeding, if u start in Plat next season those extra tiers are required, otherwise it would be extremely short and easy to get into GC.
    If I start in Plat next season sure I will have zero complaints, but if I start in Silver this is still going to be an issue. As far as I know they haven't made any announcements yet about the seeding system and how exactly it will work, I doubt they'll be that generous with the seeding system if I'm being honest (at least not for those who didn't make it to GC)
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    The whole idea of a paid gatcha game with a PvP game mode is a broken design from the get go.
    You can't buy 1 pack of Pokemon cards and expect to win when yours doesn't have variety, and I doubt they got Pokemon tournaments where you can show up with only 1 pack.
  • Options

If I start in Plat next season sure I will have zero complaints, but if I start in Silver this is still going to be an issue. As far as I know they haven't made any announcements yet about the seeding system and how exactly it will work, I doubt they'll be that generous with the seeding system if I'm being honest (at least not for those who didn't make it to GC)
    They have announced how it will work that's why I used Plat as an example.

• Options

I completely missed that, we'll see what happens next season then.
    I'm still not too excited about it though, according to that GC will start in Plat 1 so that means Vibranium will start in Gold 1. That doesn't really do much for a lot of Paragons like me who are stuck in Vibranium right now, I made it to Plat on first week with barely any losses it's everything after Diamond 1 (including Diamond 1) that causes issues because of the five wins in a row and the random matchmaking with the mega r2 7* whales clogging up everything.
  • Options

I'm still not too excited about it though, according to that GC will start in Plat 1 so that means Vibranium will start in Gold 1. That doesn't really do much for a lot of Paragons like me who are stuck in Vibranium right now, I made it to Plat on first week with barely any losses it's everything after Diamond 1 (including Diamond 1) that causes issues because of the five wins in a row and the random matchmaking with the mega r2 7* whales clogging up everything.
    Dude..read it again 🤣
    Top of Vibranium as well as GC start at Plat1....
  • Options

Dude..read it again 🤣
    Top of Vibranium as well as GC start at Plat1....
    Lol I didn't read the whole thing, that's my bad. Fair enough then, we'll see how it all plays out next season.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,470 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023

Some of them, sure. Not to this extent. It's entirely too far. That might be a source of bravado for anyone who got in with ease, but it's a broken design just the same.

Can't compare with last season.
    We had uncollected and conqueror players in VT, catapulting too many others into GC.

I have been in GC every season till now, I only pushed-pushed last season and have kept it casual for the entire BG history.
    I can recall 2 seasons, where, after entering GC, you win a match and instantly be in uru1 and uru 2. All you need was 15 points to not be in uru 3. Current season is setup in a way to be a lot harder than those. We can only wait and see whats going to happen next season.
  • Options
    DUHveedDUHveed Posts: 353 ★★★
    Bugmat78 said:

This season is terribly designed. I'm in vibranium 3 but unsure if I will even bother trying to win 15 matches in a row at this point. I guess it's gold 1 for me next season.

If you read the screenshot posted in the thread from the original announcement you’ll start in Plat 1 next season. Also you don’t need 15 wins for GC in Vibranium

• Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,594 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Did they all go through the same process though?

I’m curious whether each GC player faced the highest available competition each time.

Dr. Zola
    They all had to win the same string of matches to move up, there used to be this theory that the last week was the easiest to climb up, not anymore though...
    Also i do believe this season is a bit harder due to the burn out of casual players from the last season event.
    Actually, I've left my push to the last week as usual and it's been pretty easy, I flew through all plat and first 2 tiers of diamond mostly facing cav or low TB players. Diamond 1 and higher hasn't been easy, though.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,994 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023
    There are players in uru2 with 0 GC score. The season ends in barely 48 hours.
  • Options
    EmomikeEmomike Posts: 219 ★★
    So basically plat 1 is gonna start with all of gc and the top of vibranium so basically the summoners struggling and gonna be placed with all the big and highly skilled accounts. Yeah the fourms gonna be lit next season with complaints. For the summoners struggling may have been better if they didn't advance to vibranium or maybe should have dropped gc to vibranium instead of plat. Well shall see. I'm excited to see how this new system plays out.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 822 ★★★★
    edited September 2023
    Greekhit said:

I’m going to grab my popcorn and wait for these people that are already at lower GC to fight each other on upcoming seasons for a spot there.
    If things don’t change participation drop, weaker players will step out, competition will get stiffer from lower BGs levels, and those who are now at the lower tiers of GC will find themselves out soon, and then instead of bragging and adding nothing to the conversation by telling others to get good, they will come in forums complaining.
    Then the others above them and the story goes on.
    It usually takes few months for Kabam to evaluate the data and proceed to changes.
    I hope this time their reflexes are faster, because the mode is currently not in a good state.
    After a good season, Kabam somehow decided it’s time to take some steps back and bring the mode nearly to it’s original despised state.
    We already do this from Bronze.
  • Options
    Kasnow1Kasnow1 Posts: 67
    one step forward 3 steps back. Such a waste!
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,733 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023
    @Mackey

What’s your prestige? Because I’ve gotten nearly all 18K+ each match, including some whoppers over 20K (w/relics).

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    @DrZola i hit a level around platinum/Diamond where it turned into a forfeit fest, then suddenly I was paired against my peers in vibranium again. Early on, it was all peers
  • Options
    DrZola said:

TyEdge said:

There are players in uru2 with 0 GC score. The season ends in barely 48 hours.

You also have some amazingly skilled Sunmoners in Uru 2 like this:

Dr. Zola
    Wow. Presumably Thronebreaker and cleared abyss. We could use someone like that in my alliance.

🙄